Stargirl Season 3 Discussion Thread

Cameron told his father he thought he knew him resulting in this reaction.

It looks more like anger than sadness to me, like he needed time to come up with a response that stays on his good side.

5 Likes

At the end of last episode Humanite walks loudly and straight in the woods. In contrast everything about Icicle’s movements say he is scared. He walks slowly, quietly, and he is constantly looking every direction.

I think he was never in an alliance with Humanite. “It’s time” means he is offering him one for the first time.

4 Likes

He could also be trying to make sure he isn’t being followed by Sylvester or someone.

6 Likes

No, Humanite was very loud, and he was not taking any cover.

5 Likes

Well, we might see Wednesday. I still think it could go either way.

6 Likes

Less than 55 hours.

5 Likes

Well I now have to debate rewatching from episode 27 now or after next episode.

5 Likes

I just rewatched parts of episode 26. Star does bring up how off it is he is back and the idea he does take the staff. All this is important now, but at the the time Pat says to just focus on their victory. That is exactly what Humanite just brought up, Pat was blinded by his happiness “Sylvester” was back.

5 Likes

Wow. That was some episode.

I loved how Courtney explained to “Sylvester” how Pat was her hero. And it turns out “Sylvester” is Ultra-Humanite! Given a lot of us had suspected that early on, I can’t say I am surprised. I was surprised that Ultra-Humanite’s former gorilla body is now occupied by The Dragon King.

Sad that next week will be the last episode. I really wish HBO Max would pick the show up.

5 Likes

I still can’t believe the theory turned out to be true!! Starman is the Ultra-Humanite!!! Courtney telling fake Pemberton Pat is her father made me so freaking happy but I NEED her to call him “Dad”!!!

6 Likes

Wow what a twist! I find myself hating Starman for what he said and later did to poor Pat, but love Courtney’s comments on Pat. I do feel sorry for what Rick is going through. Poor Pat, will he survive?! :cry:

I like how Pat will always be a sidekick to Starman, maybe I can be @MatthewHecht’s sidekick, Batman and Robin, Starman and Stripsey! :smiley: That is if he’s ok with it.

5 Likes

Absolutely! I can’t believe the show’s ending, but it’s comforting knowing they had a proper ending filmed. I also wish/hope HBO Max picks this up.

6 Likes

For a while I was staring to think my theory wasn’t gonna pan out. Then it did, but they added another layer to it which caught me by surprise.

Also, how cool is it that we got that flashback with the Ultra-Humanite as Delores Winters. I keep thinking back to when I was really getting into the Golden Age stuff in 1999 when the JSA series hit. If I could go back and tell my younger self I’d see a good chunk of what I was reading would show up in live action, I’d freak.

Also…the Congo Bill reference…nice!

7 Likes

I’m still traumatized by the ending of last night episode! Does anybody know if Pat will be ok?:cry:

5 Likes

Okay, okay, I admit it. I bought it all, hook line ‘n sinker. Ultra-H took me in. Just like Court, the rest of her team and most importantly, Pat. The man who knew his former partner, best. To say nothing of the Cosmic Staff. Will we ever know what’s goin’ on with that thing?

To those among you who doubted the sincerity of Starman right from the start, my hat’s off to you! As the twisted, evil that now occupies the body of the late Sylvester Pemberton, did his homework well, and played everyone (and everything) like a precious Stradivarius violin! What a fiendish and devious devil he is. Can’t wait to see his plans fall apart, and our heroes triumph in the end! And that goes double for the Icicle!

Was also lovin’ the My Greatest Adventure/Congo Bill cover reference. Sure gonna’ miss this class act show. And I’m fully on board the train of thought that says HBO/Max needs a serious “save this series” write in campaign. Hey, it worked for the far more controversial Snyderverse, didn’t it!

Stay safe, be well.

7 Likes

I technically fit that. In episode I doubted because one scene his lines were obviously rehearsed. He had completely different emptional responses back to back to back to back. Nobody actually speaks from the heart like that, so I was very suspicious. After that episode he seemed like a very sincere man with survivor’s guilt so I fell for it.

It makes me wonder if the writers got better at showing it after 1 episode or if Humanite just needed more time to perfect the role/knew he could mess up with Pat.

6 Likes

E12

Crazy stuff

The flashback of Deloris and Ito. Interesting.

The young all stars in the hunt for Cindy’s possible cure. They discover a lab but they also finds here dad in the gorilla body. A twist I didn’t see coming.

Rick dealing with the glass. Finally asking for help.

And Sylvester. Pushes them all away to save them so they think but it seems he was Humanite all along. I knew it. But I think they’ll double cross everyone to live their hero life. The end with Pat was great. Very cool scene between the two. Now it’s all up to the team.

Can the team save Pat? What is the villains plan? Will Cindy stop Ito? All the and more on the epic series finale Same Star Time Same Star Channel

6 Likes

Well, I hear he’s not coming back next season LOL.
Seriously though, I believe somebody will save him now that the JSA is on to Sylvester. Maybe even Zeek if he gets S.T.R.I.P.E fixed in time. But hey, did anybody else pick up on the Lost Children Easter Egg when Sylvester urged Beth and Yolanda to find new legacies for Dr. Fate, Flash and Mr. Terrific so they wouldn’t be forgotten. As well as the Spectre, who, so far at least, doesn’t seem to have a sidekick in the mini.

7 Likes

:frowning: sighghggh

6 Likes

I rewatched episode 1 looking for Humanite’s plan.

The mustache line to Mike. He is telling Mike he is not a man making it more likely Mike will go off trying to prove himself.

When Stargirl is suspicious of him he has that sob story ready about being buried alive.

Gets staff to live right next to his bed.

He got an excuse to use staff again based off Pat’s nostalgia. When he doubted he had to back to back emotional responses ready.

Did he make that plane crash? Between his cohorts he has methods.

He uses a sob story about his family and Stargirl “makes plan” to split Cosmo.

He praises Star and then puts doubt on her to Pat to make him question her judgment. He then puts suspicion on all the local supervillains.

5 Likes