Stargirl Season 2 Premiere on August 10!

It’s just been announced by the CW, Stargirl Season 2 will premiere on Tuesday, August 10! :grinning: Can’t wait!

14 Likes

I hope they finally do a crossover with The Flash as they originally planned!

5 Likes

Marked already on my calendar. :stargirl:
@Mae It is confirmed that John Wesley Shipp will be in the show as Jay.

6 Likes

Interesting! So an actual connection to the show, but would be great to have Barry show up.

multiverse

4 Likes

Well Stargirl and Vibe were on a team together in the comics that battled a team with Barry. Time to build up for Forever Evil.

5 Likes

Awesome™:+1: can’t wait. And nice too gives me a nice gap to catch up on some other shows in the summer.

4 Likes

Like rewatching season 1, rewatching season 1 again, rewatching season 1 again, and finally rewatching season 1 again. I think I have an addiction.

4 Likes

Of course what other show am I suppose to watch :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Woo-hoo!

6 Likes

August is saved!

5 Likes

Great news, I just found out that Stargirl has been renewed for 3rd season!:smiley:

4 Likes

As was previously stated by me elsewhere, JWS playing Jay Garrick is not a crossover because he’s going to be playing the post-Crisis Stargirl/Earth-2 version of the character, which is a brand-new role for him and doesn’t do anything other than reconfirm that Stargirl exists alongside the Arrowverse as was already established by CoIE.

4 Likes

In other news, Stargirl has been renewed for Season 3!

6 Likes

We know it’s not an actual crossover, but the fact that JWS is reprising his role on an alternate earth is still a connection nonetheless. Maybe it could help pave the way for an actual Arrowverse crossover or maybe it’ll just be a fun easter egg in the casting. Either way, we can still speculate until we know for sure

6 Likes

Or it means JWS takes over as the Flash of the DCW verse.

4 Likes

JWS playing the post-Crisis Earth-2 version of Jay Garrick is not a role reprisal.

3 Likes

I’m stoked, such a fun show. Gonna give season 1 a rewatch closer to the premier

5 Likes

You can still reprise a role even if it’s in a different continuity. It’s the same character in general, just a new version in this universe

4 Likes

Isn’t it the same as Constantine in Constantine and Legends? With Constantine being retroactively canon to the Arrowverse.

6 Likes

It doesn’t quite seem like the same kinda thing, though I guess the possibility’s still there. We still don’t actually know what happened to Jay after Crisis or if he even exists on Earth-Prime, so maybe this could be Earth-Prime Jay hopping to a different universe? I’m still pretty sure it’s gonna be the Jay that was always on Earth-2, but I guess we won’t know 100% until the fall

5 Likes