Stargirl Season 2 Going to CW, Reportedly Leaving DC Universe

This, is BS !!! When DC Universe was announced it was stated that it would be home for all of DC. Since then the cancelled Swamp Thing after the first episode, Doom Patrol is “shared” with HBOMax, as is Harley Quinn. Now they have canceled DC Daily, and Stargirl is being moved to CW. I’m feeling really ripped off, as not one of any of the newer live action movies are ever on here, it seems like any new shows will be on HBOMax ( Justice League Dark, Green Lantern)

17 Likes

We should probably be concerned with Save DC Universe now. With Star Girl being taken from DC Universe, I’d be surprised if it was still around for the holidays.

14 Likes

It just feels worse that they won’t tell us anything. We have no idea if this app will be gone in 6 months or if it will change dramatically, it’s clear that it won’t be the same.

10 Likes

You can believe your eyes and ears

DC Stargirl has been renewed for season 2, but it’s exclusively on the CW. Could this spell doom for DCU?

Speculation and rumors abound always here at DC Universr. There have been doomsayers since day one. Places change and find their spot in the changing landscape. I personally would love for them to focus this on just the comics and forums. The forums still make this a unique experience compared to other comic services. I would understand even if they rebranded a bit with a new name so that it was better understood what it was after the changes, like DC Fandome :wink: I will say this though, until they show us the door I’m here. Let’s not keep rumors and speculation going this time.

9 Likes

And the movies and TV old and new

4 Likes

What guarantee is it that they will have a service at all next summer? People saying they would be fine or happy with a comics and forum only app, what makes anyone think that is their plan? I feel like they are more likely to eliminate it completely than to just make it comics and forum

4 Likes

Marvel has a comics service and DC probably wants to be competitive with that.

8 Likes

Please for the love the show, it’s fans, and the quality, bring the writers of this shows to the CW so we don’t get more Supergirl/Batwoman territory writing.

13 Likes

Yes I saw a video it was a compilation of Supergirl agenda crap and it was 12 minutes long. Even worse that it has bad writing too. Star girl is doing ok so far so hopefully it will do good on CW but expectations are low.

2 Likes

The fact that their direct competitor has a digital comic collection could be a strong indicator of that service staying around. Also, DC has said they now recognize that print and digital consumers are 2 different consumer baselines. They have said they understand now they aren’t reaching the same people. With this in mind and their recent push into the digital exclusive landscape through series like Harley Quinn Black White and Red (may have gotten the official title wrong) makes me strongly believe this won’t go anywhere. Again, I totally can see a partial rebranding of the service but a total shuttering would not make sense. I can even see them moving it over to a new named “service” with the exact sameness as here minus the streaming movies and tv. DC is already showing they support the digital comic landscape. It makes sense the library will stick around.

7 Likes

I think DCU is better on the Marvel Unlimited front, because we have access to not just comics but also shows

10 Likes

Welp, that’s it folks.

Let’s enjoy it for now. Sad day for a dc fan.

8 Likes

If the showrunners stay the same, I’m good with it.

7 Likes

Yeah but the issue is Marvel isn’t taking away services from it’s customers. DC Universe and Marvel Unlimited are very close in price, that makes DC a great value because of everything else you get. Can they afford to keep the comics and lower the price? Do they think it’s a good idea to keep the same price and offer significantly less of a service? I just don’t know, and they even have rumors of DC comics going away entirely. Could this be a step towards that?

3 Likes

Marvel Unlimited was around for a long time without WB really being interested in competing with them. So I don’t think that is a sign of anything. They aren’t treating us all that well now, should we expect them to do the right thing?

@CassTheStreet my intent was not to stoke rumors and speculation. It was just more concern of the uncertain future. I just wanted it known that there is a place for DC Universe and I remain a steadfast fan not planning on going anywhere. I love this ability for us to discuss topics on all things DC even ones like this. My hope is for this to continue as this is my favorite part of the service and the friends I’ve made here have been great!

3 Likes

Now I’m curious if Titans Season 3 and Young Justice Season 4 will be jumping to HBO Max

8 Likes

This will never happen, just for the simple reason that WB needs DC to keep making comics so they can make DC movies that make them billions.

5 Likes