Stargirl Season 2 Discussion

Good news

5 Likes

This season jut gets darker and darker, the original JSA were dicks to Pat, all except Garrick, I’m glad this Garrick and the one in The Flash have compassion. I can’t believe the original JSA really did end up killing another human being.

5 Likes

I have to agree with @zulmara5.38205. This season just keeps getting darker and darker. Eclipso’s illusions just seem to get scarier and scarier. I have to think Eclipso would have had Barbara had The Shade not intervened. I am wondering if somehow The Shade’s fight with Eclipso didn’t make him incorporeal? I loved Courtney saving Mike and Pat. As the JSA, I have to agree that they were pretty cruel to Pat except for Jay. While it surprises me that the rest of the JSA weren’t very nice to Pat, it doesn’t surprise me that Jay would be the one would be nice to him. I have to think regardless of which Earth he is on, Jay is just a decent human being. Anyway, I am excited for next week’s episode. It looks like Jenny will be back!This text will be blurred

5 Likes

Eclipso makes Lex Luthor look like Harry and Marv.

3 Likes

Stargirl Season 2 is CINEMA

6 Likes

Makes sense. It has so many stars. :stargirl:

4 Likes

I have one objection to this episode-- the JSA flashback was a b-plot to the main plot about Eclipso attacking Duggan-Whitmore family. That’s okay, but imagine how magnificent this episode would have been if every brief flashback had been a surprise.

3 Likes

E9
Very nice and dark episode.

The flashback were interesting. Cool seeing the old JSA. Jay kind as always. Pat doing his thing. Doc M dealing with his loss. Starman seem like he was good with Pat but from town to time took the not a sidekick side. Ted hates Pat seems like Ted. And Rex doesn’t seem like he dislikes him but more focused on his stuff. The the reveal they killed Bruce. Very interesting twist.

Mike getting Eclipsoed. And Barb dealing with Icicleipso. Courtney saves them all but then learns the truth as Eclipso has won and broke the JSA.

Is this the end of the Team? Will Statman show up? Will the team have to kill Eclipso? All this and more Same Star Time Same Star Channel

4 Likes

Well Ted gave Pat the closest he could find to a Stripesey action figure. I wonder if it was an apology.

4 Likes

True :sweat_smile:
Seems like one.

3 Likes

The flashback and the decision that had to be made reminds me of the issue of Starman with Ragdoll where something similar happened. It has an effect on you long after the event happens, so I can see why it fractured the JSA.

Also, how cool was it to see Jay Garrick in costume with the team?

2 Likes

Did he kill Ragdoll?

So great, and he’s the only JSA member I love, the others are a bunch of pricks. The Staff never should’ve chosen Starman as far am I’m concerned.

3 Likes

The Staff might have actually backed him up. His input was never asked.

3 Likes

And here I thought Chapter Ten wasn’t going to be quite as dark as Chapter Nine… Anyway, I loved that first scene between Sylvester and Pat. That was very touching. I also appreciate Pat explaining to Courtney why some JSA members felt they had to kill Eclipso. It was great seeing Jenni again! And I am glad that it appears Thunderbolt is in Blue Valley. And I kind of figured that The Shade had an ulterior motive for reuniting the Black Diamond. That ending was something else. Of course, we all know Courtney will escape. It’s just a matter of how.

5 Likes

I predict the ISA will be in the Shadowlands next episode.

4 Likes

Now we’re getting there. Helix!!! I’ll be SO HAPPY if they get to Helix. Director Bones on the phones. I want Tao Jones, Penny Dreadful, Arak/ Wind-Walker, Baby Boom, Kritter.

Just the shout out is enough tho. Thunderbolt’s making gingerbread homes :house_with_garden:, Jade’s learning to control the Starheart. Obsidian’s gotta be soon. This show just keeps improving. Musical soundtracks’ always great too. Eclipso was sweet & Shade’s about to get to work. Even got a Gentleman Jim Craddock shout out!!!

5 Likes

I hope Jim gets an appearance.

4 Likes

I realized something far scarier than Eclipso. Of all the secondary JSA members Beth has by far the best parents.

5 Likes

Oh man, that’d be amazing!!! Thinking he probably will? Him & Shade appear together a lot in DC Comics, animated series etc. & known each other forever.

4 Likes

I, Can’t Believe Courtney Got Stuck In the Shadowland!
I, Agree with Others!
I, Hope Gentleman Jim Ghost Shows Up In the Future!
Another Great Episode of Star Girl!
I, Love the J.S.A. Flashbacks!
I, Hope the Justice Society of America Gets Their Own T.V. Show and A Movie!

5 Likes