Stargirl Season 2 Discussion

I was wondering if Eclipso stole his shadow like what Shadow Thief did in the recent Hawkman series.

3 Likes

Which Hawkman series? im unfamiliar

4 Likes

That’s great to hear!

3 Likes

The 2018 series. The storyline starts in this issue.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @anthef! :00_hawkman: Please let the moderator team know if you need anything.

3 Likes

Stealing his shadow? Wow, sounds powerful, he did say Shade’s powers comes from his home.

3 Likes

No, he said something about being the new master of shadows.

3 Likes

Just marathoned the last 5 episodes.
Ep6 was a great culmination of several elements.

Wonder when Jade will come back. I could imagine her having a beam struggle moment like Stargirl or Shade against Eclipso.

I was watching fights from Season 1 before marathoning and eagerly awaited to have another mind-blowingly awesome one and they went above and beyond with the choreography, editing and stunt work in ep6. :fire: :fire: :fire: Also love that triumphant JSA theme they brought back from Season 1

If I’m remembering correctly, from ep1-5 there weren’t really any close up shots of Stargirl flying on her staff like they showed in Season 1 but pleasantly surprised we got some of that during the action in ep6.

It’s funny how Artemis is just as much of a character as her parents when in villain mode

4 Likes

We have been getting different shots and ways she flies around like how last episode had her riding it like a car.

3 Likes

Ahh kay’ maybe for some reason I’m only remembering the shots of when they show her flying it like a long distance away where it’s a cgi of her flying home or a yellow light straying through the sky. I did have a tiring day prior to treating myself to the last 5 episodes tho so I could be forgetting others. I just recall Season 1 having more close up shots ? idk

3 Likes

No, he said the Shade’s powers comes from his home.

3 Likes

True makes me wonder if Cindy isn’t in the realm with Dr Midnight and the two will work together to escape the shadow world (or whatever it is called).

3 Likes

Shadow Thief said that in Hawkman, not Eclipso

3 Likes

That seems the most likely, although Cindy working with a hero is the last thing she’d want to do, ha!

3 Likes

Ohhh.

3 Likes

He is back.

6 Likes

Another good episode last night! I am debating what is actually going on with Yolanda. It’s clear she is suffering from PTSD, so it is possible she could be imagining Brainwave. Hallucinations are not generally a symptom of PTSD, but having it myself, I don’t think it’s impossible. Then again it could be Eclipso messing with her mind, although this was going on before Eclipso even showed up. My thought is that Brainwave did indeed survive by transferring his consciousness to Yolanda!

5 Likes

What a great character focused episode for Yolanda. Really glad they took this approach to explore her inner turmoil. Great acting on the actresses part. And the emotional roller coaster of her and Courtney’s friendship going from heart-warming support to heart-breaking when it all crumbles. :sob:

Kept going back and fourth about the cause of her visions since the school nightmare-ish scene reminded me of something out of Nightmare on Elm Street which Eclipso has vibes of. By the end, leaning on Brainwave or it being in her head. Both answers are wild and scary for her. Glad they kept us on our toes.

4 Likes

I am thinking it is actually Brainwave.

5 Likes

“Rick rolled”

Nice pun.

6 Likes