Stargirl Season 2 Discussion

Of course who wouldn’t want to have tea with him. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I just got caught up with Stargirl after staying at my brother’s house following his heart attack. He doesn’t have a cable and for some reason his antenna won’t pick up our CW affiliate! Anyway, I loved seeing Jenny and I really wish she had stuck around. I do hope she will be back. I thought they did a great job with The Shade. He is exactly as I always imagined him. And it was great seeing Thunderbolt and I loved his interactions with Mike. It’s only too bad Mike didn’t get to keep him.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your brother. Hope he’s doing better.

I was thrilled to see The Shade. If only we can get a scene of him writing in his journal.

3 Likes

I really enjoyed tonight’s episode. I loved The Shade’s discussion with Courtney about bad vs. evil with regards to Eclipso. And it doesn’t surprise me that The Shade would want to dispose of the Black Diamond! Somehow I think he’ll wind up allied with the JSA, if only temporarily. And that final revelation! It might be the best reveal of an episode of Stargirl so far.

4 Likes

And on several posts many who read mine
Thought I was crazy on mcnider I WAS RIGHT!!!

5 Likes

The last night episode was really good, it was great seeing Sportsmaster and his wife again! They had a great moment with Barbara and Pat.
As for Eclipso, I’m starting to think he’s Pennywise. :clown_face::balloon:

4 Likes

You know what really surprised me? Just how much they humanized Sportsmaster and Tigress. They really do love Artemis and want to be there for her.

I thought it was funny how they and Pat and Barbara were trying to get along. The conversation in the kitchen over coffee was hilarious.

I see Shiv is starting her recruitment.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t go as far as to say they humanized Sportsmaster and Tigress, but they were definitely very strange, their love for their daughter is is full display.

3 Likes

Good comparison, it’s what Geoff Johns has been calling Eclipso, Pennywise or Freddy.

4 Likes

I’d say humanized. They’re not caricatures. They love their daughter and even had that heartbreaking scene at the end where they had to say goodbye to Artemis. Yes, they’re villains but they’re also parents, too.

5 Likes

E4
Fun episode

Sportsmaster and Tigress are back. A lot of sweet moments with them and Artemis. Fun stuff with Pat and Barbara :joy:.

Shiv continues to recruit as it all coming together (for Eclipso).

Shade wants to help and didn’t kill Chuck. How will they save him.

Rick still with his “dog”. Yolanda has a new job. The team hits the books. Cool scene with Courtney and Shade. And Beth still dealing with the potential divorce and fixing Chuck.

Why does Shade want to stop Eclipso? Can Shiv recruit them all? Will our heroes be able to save Doctors McNider? All this and more Same Star Time Same Star Channel

3 Likes

They still had their psychotic moments when they had Mike. Brainwave was also a parent and he murdered his own son.

3 Likes

Look, I’m not saying they’re one hundred percent good people. I’m saying the episode showed they’re not just cardboard cut out villains; that they have depth to them when it comes to their daughter.

5 Likes

I enjoyed “Summer School: Chapter Five.” It was cool that they featured Paintball (Mr. Deisinger) in this episode, although I was hoping he would stick around a bit longer! And this episode we really got to see how evil Eclipso really is. It was scary how he turned the JSA’s deepest fears and insecurities against themselves. I am really enjoying The Shade and I still think, regardless of what Pat thinks, he will wind up allied to the JSA in the fight against Eclipso. Of course, it will be a very uneasy alliance and not one that will last!

3 Likes

E5

Great episode.

Pat dealing with Mike still. And they had a nice dad son moment. Barb with the Shade was interesting. He always up to something.

The team still dealing with stuff and trying to solve the case. Courtney tries to live her life with Icicle jr. but looks like things won’t work out. Especially with Cindy there.

The team fights Paintball. Cool twist with Eclipso being a part of him. Very horrific look. Cool. He explores there fears and SG save the day.

Looking forward to the next.

Why does Cindy want Mike? Will Shade help the team? What next for Eclipso? All this and more Same Star Time Same Star Channel

4 Likes

Finally got to watch them due to power outages and internet loss. These episodes were great. One of my two problems with season 1 was a lack of Stargirl actively saving people, and episode 5 really fixed that.

3 Likes

This was a terrifying episode!

4 Likes

Wow. Just wow. Cindy abducts Mike. Artemis and Isaac take out Pat. The JSA fight the Injustice Society and then The Shade shows up. And, at long last, Eclipso emerges! This was quite an episode. I love that Mike got a shot in at Cindy. He will make a good superhero one day! And Eclipso was every bit as dangerous as I expected he would be.

3 Likes

Once again the show got pre-empted for a baseball game (can’t wait to see Twitter jump on the ratings :roll_eyes:) but thankfully I’ll get to see it tomorrow. I keep hearing good things but I’ve managed to avoid spoilers.

4 Likes

Stargirl season 2 is on sale on Vudu for $9.99 and the newest episode will be available tomorrow. This is my preferred way to watch it, as it has no commercials.

5 Likes