Stargirl Season 2 Discussion

I enjoyed the first episode a lot.

I felt bad for poor Beth although honestly, what happens if her parents divorce? They going to fight over who she gets to move in with and be ignored by. Seriously, her parents are the worst. Although the scene with the goggles was sad.

I did like the opening with Eclipso and the reveal that it was apparently the original Doctor Midnights family. But one thing, that was the 50’s right? I say because in the episode in season 1 where Beth finds the goggles it sayd Midnight joined the JSA in the 40’s but if that is true how the hell old was he when Pat saw him die. He would have had to be like 90. I thought the first time it was a mistake or just an easter egg that meant nothing, but the flashback seems to imply it was right. So again, was he eventually time displaces, was all the JSA? Did they get the Seven Soldiers fate? But if so would think Pat would have said something about it by now, plus his stories he told Mike of being a kid don’t line up since no one active in the 40’s would hang out at video arcades as a kid.

Or given the retro feel of this show was that flashback not supposed to actually be the 50’s and I am reading too much into all of it?

RIck being friends with Grundy is interesting, I assume due to the show having a lower budget we won’t see much of Grundy this season, but interested to see where they go with it.

I caught the Jakeem mention, so I assume since the trailers and spoilers mention Thunderbolt, Jakeem must be showing up soon.

I was a little perplexed by the thing with Pat and Zeke. I mean it’s two weeks, why would he trust someone he has only known a relatively short time to take over the shop like that if he is only gone 2 weeks. And the room with S.T.R.I.P.E. did he even lock the door? How would he expect someone left alone in the shop for 2 weeks to not get curious and go in there? If this is just to get a new member of “Team Stargirl” in the fold that was a lazy way to do it.

Hard to say much about Jade so far. (will she even be called Jade, based on what we saw would think she would go by Green Lantern in this adaption) since we didn’t see much. But like the idea of her being around.

I get why some think fans might be upset she isn’t green. (Although Jade is not really an A list hero, arguably not even a B list, so not sure how many would truly be invested enough in her to nit pick that.). But it is not surprising. For one in this show the JSA is clearly portrayed as not being metahuman and their abilities come from their equipment. So while guess there is no rule having Jade be a metahuman would contradict how the show has been presented so far. Wildcat II was a metahuman in the comics also and the suit had nothing to do with either wilctat’s powers. So they changed that already.

Also given budget this show clearly needs their heroes to be able to walk freely in public most of the time, as like pretty much all superhero TV shows they spend more time as their alter ego’s than in costume using their powers. So having her be green would make that near impossible. Plus while guessing it isn’t a huge cost it is cheaper than spending hours painting her green every time she is on set.

Also looking forward to seeing where they go with Cindy. Mike being a prospective ISA member is interesting.

All in all a fun first episode and so glad to have Stargirl back.

5 Likes

About Pat he sucks hard at secret identity. It is very common in the comics, and in the show he just leaves everything lying around and really sucks at lying on his feet.

3 Likes

I was SOOOOOOOOO worried for this season since it’s now a CW show. Like the CW shows (except for the recent Superman & Louis) have all been terrible!!! I did not want to see this show decline and take on that route or formula but the first episode dispelled any doubts or concerns I had. I mean there’s still room for CW to ■■■■ it up in the future since each of their DC shows thus far had good first and sometimes seconded season before becoming jokes, but for now I think this season is safe for now. Really great episode!

3 Likes

I guess Paintball is coming.

I really appreciate the honesty. I am so used to the trope where Pat would lie that there are no supervillains around.

3 Likes

So thrill to see Paintball is finally in the series, can’t wait to see special effects of the villian.
As for Jade, love the character all ready. She’s somebody that you really wanted to be friends with.
As for Shade and Eclipso, I have no idea who’s more creepy, they both are anyway.
My favorite part was Yolanda telling Courtney to try the Pancake Jade made, and after saying bad stuff about her we see her take a bite and said they are so good! :laughing::pancakes:

2 Likes

Who eats pancakes with no syrup though?! Haha!

4 Likes

Apparently superheroes.

3 Likes

The New Day from WWE.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I do. I also do so with waffles. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

E2

Awesome™:+1: episode.

Jade makes her debut. Looking for Todd and the lantern. Cool to see GL stuff and Jade was great. Cool ring effect and now she’s made friends saved the and is off to find her bro. Nice. He pancakes must be really good if they can be eaten without syrup :sweat_smile:.

Courtney feeling jealous but learning be her more. But it was fun seeing how excited she got with Shades announcement.

Yolanda in Summer school too and Fidler too. Beth was just being her friendly self here. And Rick still feeding Grundy.

Shade was his eccentric self. Barb and Pat definitely were in to him and I think he knows too.

Cindy back with the mom but Eclipso the master manipulator. His powers a great. Can’t wait to see more of him.

What Shades plan with Wizards stuff? Will we see Jade Again? Can our heroes stop Jade? All this and more Same Star Time Same Star Channel

1 Like

I do it with waffles but I can’t do it with pancakes. Maybe I just never had pancakes as good as jades :thinking::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

If we see Jade again, will she turn green and look like her comic book appearance? :thinking:

Shade is a true gentleman, or is he? :sunglasses: Only time will tell…in the next episode!

3 Likes

As a Starman fan, it was such a thrill to see The Shade in live action. I’ve always pictured Richard E. Grant in the role, but this guy is genuinely charming.

5 Likes

Haha! Okey-dokey.

5 Likes

Eclipso was in a win-win situation. He either gets Shiv, weakens her emotionally, and either way he gets to kill a human.

4 Likes

A possible preview of Stargirl and Shade

Note: These panels are not back to back.

Art by Leonard Kirk

4 Likes

Some comic details from last episode.

Wildcat was big on Pat staying back to protect his son. In the comics Wildcat’s infant son was kidnapped by a supervillain, and Wildcat never saw him again.

In the comics Thunderbolt aged Vigilante by 20 years, and Pat seems to still have a grudge over that.

4 Likes

I said FOREVER AGO that Mike was gonna get the Thunderbolt!!! I feel really bad for him :cry::cry:

3 Likes

E3
Fun episode with great stuff.

The team dealing with Shade and Mike with Thunderbolt.

The JSA opening was cool. Fun to see Johnny and Ted.

Courtney trying to help Yolanda. Still think brainwave has done something or her guilt is making her think that :thinking:. The chat with Mike about Icicle was interesting. How he saw it as an accident.

Rick Grundying still Beth struggling with her parents. But nice moments between her and Rick

Shade awesome villain. He just been so cool (:sweat_smile:) so far. And his powers are crazy. Definitely think he didn’t kill Chuck.

Thunderbolt was great. Very fun. Jim was a great VA for him. And nice stuff with him and Mike. And now he’s with Jakeem. Interesting :thinking:.

And the end they now know of Eclipso. Duh duh duh.

What does Shade want with Eclipso? What next for Jakeem and Thunderbolt? What’s next for Mike?

All this and more Same Star Time Same Star Channel

4 Likes

Obviously Shade wants to have tea with Eclipso.

3 Likes