Stargirl Season 2 Discussion

:rotating_light:Spoiler Warning​:rotating_light:
Didn’t see a thread so might as well make one. Chat, talk, and enjoy.

8 Likes

Ep1

Kicks off with what looks like an Eclipso tease. And with the Mcnider family. Interesting and very dark.

The Job is done and now what.

Yolanda still dealing with how she killed Brainwave. Definitely seems like it’s taking a toll.

Beth’s parents getting divorced and Chuck still not there. That other Chuck was the the real one trying to contact someone​:thinking:

Rex being friends with Grundy is nice. That teacher is cruel and definitely shouldn’t be a teacher. Her excuse was you to stupid to be this good you must have cheated.

Courtney doesn’t know how important the quiet is for a hero yet. Fun olde villain references. Hope to see Gentlemen Ghost at some point​:sweat_smile:. But picking fights and now Summer school. A lot a bad luck.

The Whitmore/Dugan family wanted a vacay. Fun seen with Buddy. Max wants to hero more. Pat dealing with Zeak who I think may be more than meets eye. :thinking:

Jade shows up and they fight. Tools the family a bit to wake up to the loud fight but hey guess they’re use to it :sweat_smile:.

Starman looking for Pat too. Very curious where this will go :thinking:

And the end a new team from Cindy. Looks like Artemis Fiddler’s son Icicle and Max. Interesting. :thinking:

Why does Cindy want Max? How did Jade find the Lantern? What’s next for out young heroes? All this and more Same Star Time Same Star Channel

2 Likes

Maybe Mike is deemed a good host for Eclipso.

5 Likes

Since Eclipso started in sun light he might be very weak to light.

3 Likes

That’s actually a really good theory. I feel like Mike hasn’t been given a clear purpose in terms of what he can bring to the JSA besides being an occasional wild card, but since he’s still really eager to help, this all could lead to him being fully rejected by the team. That’d make him feel neglected and resentful, both negative emotions that Eclipso would be prime to prey on

3 Likes

Green Lantern was cool to see. Any chance it is Jessica Cruz ?

6 Likes

None. It is Jenny.

4 Likes

Didn’t think of that. Makes a lot sense though.

3 Likes

That makes more sense.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see more Artemis!

3 Likes

So…just finished it. Beautifully done casting of Jenny-Lynn figuratively & literally!!! Got some GL & an Eclipso possibility.!!! I literally just finished & haven’t read anything above yet tho. But it seemed it was…Anyways, what a great episode. Shiv is taking her rightful/ canon-based place at the throne. Grundy was still born on a munday. Some good Easter eggs. Mentioning of the cei-u kid himself. Plenty more, but all & all? Off to a fantastic start!! Oh yeah, & the original Dr. Midnite.

5 Likes

Yep. Haha, just read the above. I didn’t realize there was only a few so far. Usually, I’m late to the party. So great calls everyone. Jade for sure, Eclipso 99.9%, Cei-U Johnny Thunder mentioning etc. etc…

2 Likes

As a Green Lantern fan, I was very happy to see Jade. Looking forward to her being part of this season! As it is, the season looks like it will be good. Eclipso and The Shade certainly make for good villains.

2 Likes

Shame she’s not green though.

3 Likes

It doesn’t sound like she’s a Metahuman here, so she wouldn’t be green-skinned.

2 Likes

So they’re ret-conning her? I don’t like that, and I would think comic fans either. But as long as she’s a good character, and from the sneak peek I saw, she is, I guess I’ll have to get used to it.

2 Likes

Johns: you must eat these 5,000 raw eggs. All that vomit will make your skin green.

3 Likes

This is the 1st time we’re seeing Jade in this continuity, so that really doesn’t count as a retcon specifically, just a change from the comics. But you’re right that the most important thing is that she’s an interesting character. Maybe the green skin could be a change that happens later on

3 Likes

Making a change from the source material isn’t a retcon.

This version of Jenni just isn’t a Metahuman, and that’s okay.

3 Likes

It is an adaptational origin change.

2 Likes