Stargirl S1, E7 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Most posters have already hit the main points of the show. It had a massive amount of good points. There’s only two things the whole episode that makes no sense to me. Why hasn’t Pat taken them to the JLA HQ to train? And if you’re trying to tame Beth wouldn’t it make sense to introduce her to Dr. Midnite’s owl by now?

5 Likes

The series is getting better by the episode, I really like the way the Villians look they come off better then the heroes (to me anyway), seems like a lot more thought and production went into them then the heroes, which is Awesome lol. even the acting is better on the Villian side lol. the Hero side is still to scooby doo/goosebumps (just my opinion lol) .
Shiv came out perfect and the fight scene was really Cool. Star Girl/ Courtney deserved to get her But Kicked. She needs to learn to be a Team member after all she is the one putting the Team together and if she is going to be the leader or even just a member has to stop thinking it’s all about Her!!! Good that the team let her know to slow her role.
Even if Pat didn’t yell Star Girls name , you would have to be an Idiot not to know its Courtney lol especially Shiv who is no dummy ,she is plenty of other things but not an idiot. It would Suck if they make her not realize that its Courtney and not because Pat said her name.
Over All good show but Honestly I’m really glad Doom Patrol is back and can’t wait for Titans return lol

5 Likes

Another great episode. Really like Cindy in this episode even if she is a total nightmare to everyone. Another great terrific fight scene. Lots of credit to the stunt and fight choreography teams for these wonderful moments. Next week can’t get hear fast enough.

5 Likes

I think this is the first time in any form where Shiv beat Star. In the comics after the first two wins it was obvious Shiv had an inferiority complex and Star just pitied her by then.

4 Likes

I think they can get away with Shiv not knowing Stargirl’s identity after Pat yelling for Courtney. They already established that costumes obscure identities in this universe and Cindy knew Courtney was at the game. If Stargirl’s identity is found out, this show is over. ISA destroyed the old JSA and this JSA is barely competent.

3 Likes

Perhaps Hootie might arrive when Beth needs help? He might suddenly swoop in and claw at some ISA members.

3 Likes

Pat yelling Courtney’s name and Courtney will be in the hospital next episode. Makes it pretty clear who stargirl is. Now Cindy could have been woozy but she also has regeneration. I think we might hit a point where memory needs to be erased or something happens where Cindy doesnt remember.

Cindy might also hold it against the ISA to get a seat and then something happens to her where she cant remember it anymore

4 Likes

Well are you nice! LOL! At least now she know she should work with her team! That was a good battle, can’t wait for part 2 next week.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

i am so proud of Cindy’s ‘friend’ standing up to her you go girl

6 Likes

I thought it was a great episode. I think Courtney realizes that she can’t do it alone. Also, the janitor is Shining Knight. I mean, the sword, the way he talks. It makes perfect sense. I also like when he was looking at Pat he just said, “Stripsey”. I also am interested to see what kind of relationship Cameron and Courtney can have, not really knowing who each other are and who their parents are

4 Likes

Seeing the team walk the halls was a cool moment. Seeing Cindy in science class almost showed of glimpse of hope lol but that didn’t last too long. That fight scene at the end!!! Loved every minute of it.

3 Likes

Mike got deep on this one.

4 Likes

There is no jla so no hq there was a jsa

1 Like

Cameron courtney relationship kinds leaves me cold lok

2 Likes

Sure the literary viewers or those like myself who Googled it noticed that Justin the Janitor quoted Miguel de Cervantes/Don Quixote

“There is no book so bad it does not contain something good.”

“Until death it is all life”

4 Likes

best episode so far

4 Likes

Mike will not be picking up the pen or the ring.
With the name drop of Jakeem meaning he will get the pen. The ring is most likely with Alan or Jenny.

As far as the episode it was really great. Seeing the ISA around their table, Sportmaster bragging about the fight was good and very egotistical.
Im thinking that they have the underground tunnels that run through the entire town.

That fight choreography with Shiv and Stargirl was amazing, a lot better than last weeks.
In a way I kinda feel bad for Cindy, she is being forced by her father to be with Henry Jr. Though at the same time the way she treated her step mother was gut wrenching.
Over all a very great episode

2 Likes

The only Easter Egg I notices was the Civic City Atoms. I did quite like that.

3 Likes

I think the biggest surprise was how well Lea Thompson directed the episode. I know she’s directed television shows in the past but they have primarily been sitcoms. I was really interested to see how she would do with action when I saw her name in the credits. Needless to say she did not disappoint. Doing a bit of research I don’t see her name on any upcoming episodes for this season but I would love to see another episode done by Thompson in Season 2.

3 Likes

No joke with this episode taking care of business from the get go. :sweat_smile:

Very interesting learning more about Cindy’s backstory. Poor Henry though in that Cindy is only around because her father deemed it so. :flushed:

Looks like Pat was working towards more of a team work type montage at the beginning with the new JSA to which Courtney thought it was all good to do herself. It’s safe to say probably after her final bout in this episode with Cindy (and what a fight that was, with faces even being melted :fearful: :smile:) that she will take a step back and work more with the team next time around. :sunglasses: :+1:

Nice to see that Sir Justin has found his sword and remembers good 'ole Stripesy. Now, get this man his valiant steed! :horse:

It was also funny how the Homecoming Dance was themed on Grease and the principal making her announcements was very reminiscent of the principal of Grease. :smile:

Going to be fun seeing how the next part plays out now that Cameron also asked Courtney to the dance, Henry’s powers are developing even more, and if Cindy will also do more of what was seen in Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. as well! :superman_hv_4:

3 Likes