Stargirl S1, E4 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Awesome episode.

Great to learn learn about Yolanda more. Really sucks what happened to her. Curse you Cindy. The gym scene was great. A very touching moment.

Suiting up was nice. Make wildcats suit more techs was an interesting choice. I will say it makes sense since there many powerful villains and he could use protection especially since the were JSAing in modern time.

Her standing up to her parents was great but man didn’t see them putting her down like that. It’s been 3 month you don’t have to forgive her instantly but at least let her know your will to try. At least her bother seem willing to forgive.

Her team up with Stargirl was great. Very fun learning your heroing. And the scene with Henry was nice. Can’t wait until she finds out it was Cindy if she ever does.

The principal at the hospital with a violin. Wonder what that is maybe something to do with son and his first name.:thinking:

Beth knows looks like it time to make friends. They really need to get better at code names.

The Dragon Kind was awesome can’t wait to see him in action. And now we know what’s up with shade. Be betrayed then. Will he be an ally?

Pats story was great. Poor Mrs. Wizard. But now the plot only gets deeper.

Side note: I like mikes choice of pop tart. The best flavor cookie and cream.

Can’t wait for more.

8 Likes

I have no idea either. Maybe its like the Cosmic staff or a GL ring. The pen chooses the next person.

Speaking of GL, I can say with certain there will not be another Green Lantern. 1 no ring. 2 that Lantern is busted, the glass had pieces missing.

4 Likes

I agree with all your points!
I just wanted to say the Catwoman vibe was strong when the camera was above her climbing the hospital wall!

4 Likes

Ok so if I am correct you have to say the magic word either: Cei-U (pronounced Say You) or So Cool either one seems to work a you may need to click the pen but I’m not sure. The pen may choose but it seems to only be people who’s name starts with J(examples: Johnny,Jakeem) it’s complicated best to look it up.

4 Likes

Did not know that. But now I can him or Mike needing a pen and she either unknowingly gives it or the just go to her room and grab it thinking it’s just a pen.

2 Likes

Really like the dynamic between Courtney and Yolanda. Surprised at how invested I am in the highschool drama

8 Likes

Also did anyone notice that Yolanda’s brother’s name was Alex… as in Alex Montez who I believe becomes Eclipso at one point another thing is I love the Wikipedia montage and if this montage is this good can’t wait for the Hourman and the Dr. Mid-Nite one!

10 Likes

It’s fifth dimensional so the rules are loosey-goosey, but generally you have to click the pen and say the right word

5 Likes

Oh also I think I was right about OG fiddler being the principal some said it was a man but I’m not crazy!

6 Likes

Ya, good catch. Alex was her cousin in the comics, and I won’t say much more about that in case the show follows some of that story.

The wikipedia stuff was great. It always pulls me out of the story when they cut to a computer screen showing some website the graphics department cooked up that is just a generic Google.

2 Likes

Poor Denise!

The ISA doesn’t mess around. Making people “disappear” Mafia style

6 Likes

That opening scene was the perfect way to deliver a ton of exposition without resorting to unnatural dialogue or clunky voiceovers.

Here’s hoping they handle the rest of the recruitment with the same nuance.

4 Likes

Who said it was the Injustice Society? I mentioned how there is a mysterious unknown 13th episode title what if Shade is stealing his old teammates weapons also did anyone else realize that Cindy’s friend’s name is Jenny Williams as in Jakeem Williams maybe she is his sister.

3 Likes

His brother was named Jimmy, so Jenny would be a logical name if you gender swap. Didn’t make the connection on the surname. Another good catch

2 Likes

Shade is technically former ISA, so my original comment describing perpetrator as ISA is still technically valid :grin:

1 Like

Tigress is gonna be most interested in the new Wildcat based on the Wikipedia entry

4 Likes

What comic or series are these from?

1 Like

I love what they have been doing with the Stargirl serries so far. I hope the green lantern teases lead to jade, Alan Scott’s daughter

3 Likes

If this show were about Ted Grant, I’d agree. But for the purposes of this continuity (where he’s dead and won’t be a recurring character), I’m fine with him being a guy in a Black Panther suit.

2 Likes

This was a great episode. It was awesome to see Yolanda’s back story and now she fills in the shoes for Wildcat. Can’t wait for the rest of the recruitment.

1 Like