Stargirl S1, E3 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

With the reveal of Cameron being Icicle Jr and with the hinting of him being Courtney’s love interest i rolled my eyes a bit. OF Course the hero just HAS TO LIKE the son of her Nemesis

5 Likes

In the comics the belt gives enhanced strength, speed, and agility. In addition she does kick boxing.

3 Likes

And see im wondering if Icicle is gonna develop feelings for Barbara!

6 Likes

I’m reading this before watching. Because I love this community more than tv.

3 Likes

I really enjoyed and was shocked by this episode.
Icicle is extremely dangerous and what he did was just wow.

Like it was said in a earlier post, I thought with Joey’s comment about his magic getting stronger that he was going to stop the truck.
I didnt think that was going to happen.

I’m not sure why Courtney grabbed the Lantern or the pen, hopefully we get to see a new version of Green Lantern and Thunder

3 Likes

Every time I see “Mahkent” I think of Superman’s mom.

5 Likes

This is an awesome episode. I especially like how Pat showed Courtney the headquarters of the JSA, where it displayed their pictures, costumes, and tools.
But there is one this bugging me about that scene. Where are the costumes and weapons for Hawkman, Hawkgirl, and Sandman?

7 Likes

Dang, that was cold. Literally and figuratively. So sad what happened to Joey, just when you think he might play an important role later…nope. Great twist.

I’m sad to hear the truth about Doctor Mid-Nite, but at least Hooty is still alive! I can imagine Beth coming home with an owl one day. “Hey Mom, he followed me home.” XD

The more I see Justin the janitor, the more excited I’m getting. I hope there will be a great reveal of him like there was in the comics.

5 Likes

See i was wondering if Joey was a hero in the waiting. Then he dies :sleepy: i was hoping he was a hero in the comics and could be a ally for Courtney/Stargirl in the future

3 Likes

I think the last two episodes worked in spite of a predictability problem, but this blew them out of the water.

3 Likes

I did not notice his hat. That’s a fun Easter egg/teaser.

3 Likes

Maybe the hawks and sandman lived. :thinking:

3 Likes

The pink pen has me wondering if we’ll be seeing Jakeem Williams

Thunder

1 Like

What a great episode. It had a lot of heart. It is interesting that Courtney will be recruiting already as she has only just met those people.

I did not see the Joey thing coming at all, which is saying a lot. I love these DCU/CW shows, but “surprise twist” is not a term I would associate with them. I also appreciate that they are taking the time to develop Pat as well. It would be very easy to focus solely on Courtney’s growth and travails in a new family and to see Pat through her eyes. But, Pat is going through the same thing. (And it’s wearing on him enough that he momentarily loses his good humor at no-longer family dinner.) It’s great we get his perspective.

And, I was excited to see heroics this episode. (As opposed to just fighting). Thus far, we’ve pretty much seen self defense. Even in the first episode, the fight between the JSA and IJL was pretty much a grudge match fight. Obviously, the JSA wasn’t there to stop a world domination/destruction plan as the JSA lost and there was neither domination nor destruction. So, it was great seeing STRIPE jump into action and save the bus.

I had originally thought that the janitor was Wild Cat, who had somehow survived and was going to “Mr. Miyagi” Courtney Into a world class fighter. But, you guys are convincing me I’m thinking too narrowly.

1 Like

I also loved PaperBoy, but it didn’t compare to Frogger. So, agree to disagree, Pat.

1 Like

Didnt think of that. But Hawkman and Hawkgirl are suppose to reincarnate in the comics? Idk because there have been to many versions of them in my opioion between Justice League and JSA that I cant keep it straight what their origins are suppose to be.

1 Like

My reactions after watching the episode:
Joey was fantastic but also the wake up Courtney needed to stop thinking this was a game. I got the vibes that she was going through the indestructible teenage stage that nothing could hurt her and it wasnt until she saw this happen that it shook her out of it.

Curious to know if Cameron is Icicle Jr. and even knows what his dad is up to. Also remind me was Cameron sitting with them at the table that first day?

Also curious who pushed the cup in the hospital. Brainwave or his son. If it was his son then what tricks will that give us.

Sad to see Wizard die already. I wanted to see more of him trying to fight for wanting his normal life or at least more of a battle to defend it.

How long can both sides keep it a secret that there is going to be a showdown between superheroes and villians in Blue Valley?

I dont know what the pen does but I want Mikey to get it just because I think it would be interesting. Honestly I want Mikey and Barbara to find out what is going on at some point in the season because I want to see Barbara’s reaction to Pat putting her daughter into danger. Also the picture Courtney has of her dad in that pendant is not the greatest so her seeing a picture of Starman will be the best evidence of if he is truly her father or not.

I want to see what he would do with super powers. Not sure how they are going to handle green lantern or flash yet in this and personally I hope they dont show up till season 2, which has probably already been green lighted in a flash. (LOL see what I did there)

Now that she is recruiting, will she recruit everyone in one episode or over several episodes. Personally hoping for over several episodes for character development. All at once will not be fun.

They need to stop killing the villains. They are going to run out of people for the JSA team to fight.

Finally its not that clear in that clip at the end. Did Courtney kidnap Hooty and put him in a duffel bag or did she leave Hooty at the JSA mansion? That owl looks awesome though and I want to see him go all Hedwig on some member of the ISA, except for the dying part.

1 Like

Great episode we finally get to see Icicle in action, JSA headquarters, and Stargirl sees how big a foe she is up against. Looking forward to seeing her recruit the new members of the JSA and if we will actually get a Green Lantern in this series.

1 Like

Stargirl has no connection to CW flash outside of the whole multiverse thing. The Jay Garrick from the Flash and the one from Stargirl are different versions of the character.

5 Likes

Man that would be nice. This is giving me flash backs to JLU, and I would be hyped for a him and Vig to turn back up.

1 Like