Stargirl S1, E11 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

I might be alone on this but this is my favorite episode of the series so far. We went so authentically deep into Shining Knight’s trauma as a broken soldier and Courtney’s image of her father being dismantled. Also I think this episode finally truly establishes what a great man Pat is. Most of this season it’s been easy to dismiss him as an overly cautious, ineffectual “nice guy.” But tonight shows what a brave emotional rock he is for the family. The only action this episode is Pat dropping the deadbeat dad with one punch, and that’s all I needed.

Some of my favorite episodes of GoT were ones they spent emotionally preparing for a huge siege or battle, each character taking stock of where they are at when their death might be hours away. That’s what this episode does too. This is the psychological inhale before physical climax and this is my favorite part.

8 Likes

First of all. I want to say that there sure was a lack of Shining Knight in the Shining Knight episode. Give me more Justin!

Now I’ve been saying forever that Airwave should show up and I still believe in that but right now I want to talk about the best character currently in the show:

Mike Dugan.

Mike can be mean but in this show he truly has a reason. Mike is very close to his father and we don’t know much about Mike and Pat’s past life. Mike has probably gone through a lot and I get that he was mean at the beginning of the show, he had a new mom, a new sister. This was new to Mike and probably frustrating. But overtime Mike bonded with Barbara and probably felt more comfortable with this big change. But he didn’t have a big chance to bond with Courtney which explains him being frustrated with her in Episode 7. But in episode 8 he finally bonded with Courtney. But then everything changes again as Barbara finds out Courtney is Stargirl and Mike is left in the dust. Mike is truly being lied to and that’s not fair. Mike deserves to know! I wasn’t more frustrated in this episode then when Icicle said to kill Mike. Mike deserves a win as soon as possible. Mike needs his own role. So I elect Mike to be the new Stripesy!

#MikeforStripesy

12 Likes

I absolutely loved this episode. I couldn’t help but smile when Courtney picked up the staff and it lit up like it hasn’t before. It shows that it doesn’t matter who her father is, she just needed to believe in herself. I also liked when Pat punches Sam in the face, he’s not very crash. I also liked how there wasn’t much action in this episode, it gave time to grieve instead of push another fight. Hopefully Cameron joins Courtney after he figures out what his father wants to do, since we’ve never seen Icicle Jr. as a hero it’ll be interesting. Such an amazing episode.

7 Likes

This was more of a “slow-burn” episode. There weren’t any action sequences (unless you consider Sir Justin’s hallucinations and Pat laying out Sam as “action”), but there was a lot of build-up for future episodes. If anyone wasn’t certain about Jordan’s dedication to his vision, that was cemented when he realized he needed to sacrifice at least as much as Henry, Sr. (Brainwave) had to make their vision of a ‘perfect America’ come true. When he casually threw Mike onto the kill list in order to avoid any “legacies” was, well, COLD. I’m also sad that they confirmed Henry, Jr. is officially dead by not only showing the ceremony at the school but also when Brainwave said his power seemed to grow.

Overall, this was a dark episode with no humor to blunt it. I don’t know if this was foreshadowing a dramatic shift for the next two episodes, but I love where the creative team has taken this series so far. I’m looking forward to how they wrap up this season.

Finally, welcome to the community, BryanAG!

6 Likes

Poor kid. He’s the ONLY one in the dark as to what is really going on. He’s beginning to blame himself because of not understanding; Pat really needs to address the situation, and soon.

8 Likes

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
6/5 stars

Heroes can come from anywhere

10 Likes

I was wondering about Sir Justin’s memory as well. It seems clear the ISA did things to him (based on some of the things he said in the episode; it’s probably the only reason they left him alive). How he managed to get his hands on his sword afterwards is a bit of a mystery.

Still, you never know how resilient the mind of an enchanted knight is. He may yet make a full recovery.

3 Likes

Omg justin has excalibur!!! This might change everything

4 Likes

If as in the comics the horse is in dragon kings hands

3 Likes

Did someone off camera tell court about justin
Or did they forget to tell her

4 Likes

Couple notes… It was confirmed in the previous episode that her dad wasn’t starman. And tbh, shining Knight doesn’t know Courtney and Courtney doesn’t know him. Why do they look like they know what’s up? And last note… How DARE you make me feel so much pain when shining Knight was crying that he needed help and that he wasn’t well. That hit me so hard, it’s not even funny. Just wish the next episode wasn’t so long from now…

11 Likes

I’m not sure why, but Shining Knight at the end while Courtney just smiled along as she looked at me was hilarious. She had no idea who this man is, Pat and Barbara haven’t had time to tell their kids an old knight superhero is resting upstairs. Courtney, while holding a powerful staff, just went along with this strange man on the stairs.

5 Likes

I guess like someone else on here i expected more Shining Knight from an episode named after him. It might have been better as a two parter with Sam Kurtis this week and SK next. On the other hand i do realise you need to wrap it up for the big finale next week. Otherwise the show was near perfect with everyone on here. Wondering if Justin will be somehow immune to Brain Wave since he’s already been exposed.

4 Likes

Sam deserved to get punched by pat

8 Likes

It was so sad :sob: to see shining knight beg for help since he didn’t remember anything

6 Likes

I feel like shining knight used to be one of dragon kings drones

1 Like

I loved the message the episode told

5 Likes

Pat is so nice and a great dad. I hope shining knight finds his horse since I can’t see him begging and sad.

6 Likes

Another good episode set up a lot for the last two episodes of the season. Hopefully we will get to see Justin in all his shining glory. Looking forward to seeing how they plan to tie everything up at the end of the season.

4 Likes

I believe they should tell mike but he is in middle school he might not be able to keep a secret he could tell all his friends

1 Like