Stargirl S1, E1 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Does Wesley Dodd’s Sandman show up?

3 Likes

Well…uh…sorta? Does a corpse count?

5 Likes

Picture?

2 Likes

My first thought: what lucky kids, they get Luke Wilson and Amy Smart as parents. The kid in me who grew up with Old School and Butterfly Effect is just SO HAPPY right now. I swear to the Spectre that if you make Amy Smart cry I will burn this place to the ground. But seriously, great cast, awesome production value, and some darn fine story telling.

7 Likes

Great first episode! Can’t wait to see more of S.T.R.I.P.E! So glad he’s a mix of practical and CGI.

7 Likes

Great first episode, I was blown away. I hope they go in depth on the JSA as the season moves along.

7 Likes

But there are 2 Green Lantern shows confirmed and a Green Lantern Corps movie I think planned or confirmed,

4 Likes

Great first episode! I had to watch the first few minutes (the prologue?) a couple of times just to fully catch all of the characters, action, and Easter eggs. Really impressed with the top-notch casting and visual effects. The cosmic staff reminded me of Dr. Strange’s cape – a character unto itself.

I wonder what they’ll cut for the CW airing tomorrow night. There was a lot of story and information packed into this episode. I couldn’t really see many obvious places to trim the length down.

Hopefully it does well on the CW. They’ve really been promoting this series quite heavily.

I can’t wait to see more of the JSA in the coming weeks and especially the debut of Courtney in the Stargirl costume.

7 Likes

Gotta say, part of me was really hoping Doom Patrol’s second season was gonna happen first. Stargirl was never a very interesting character to me, and I’d much prefer a series about the original JSA. That said, and despite a mildly cheesy opening, this wasn’t bad as pilots go. I’m always onboard with Luke Wilson, and I’m gonna stick around for now to see where this goes.

3 Likes

The Cosmic Staff doing a happy dance after blowing up a car absolutely sold me on this series.

I figured I might as well check it out since it runs along the rest of Harley Quinn and the beginning of Doom Patrol S2, but I gotta say I absolutely loved it.

I don’t know if the CW audience is ready for this compared to the usual Arrowverse shows.

8 Likes

A rad debut, I really enjoyed this. The moving company name was a neat hat tip to Action Comics, and “The Liberty Files” can be seen on a movie theater marquee as Court is using the staff.

Note to @DC_Community: Thanks much for dropping the episode early. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

7 Likes

Wow, that was great.

This might be my favorite live action production to come out of DC ever. This hits all the right notes for me.

:heart: to everyone involved in bringing this to life.

8 Likes

Oh Goodness I loved it! Thank you and Congratulations Geoff Johns, DCU, Ms. Bassinger, & Mr. Wilson! Super funny and just the right amount of the emotional elements. I hope the CW is taking notes on how to make a good show! The CW better advertise the crap out of DCU for giving them the best show to ever be on that channel!

I loved every minute of this first eps. The Action moving truck, good old patriotic Henry Ford comment, the geek table, the cosmic staff’s personality, the Back to the Future 50’s vibe of the town and music, Ms.bassinger & stunt woman moves with the staff. Just fantastic, well worth the wait and super happy for Mr. Johns. He knocked it out of the Tigers new stadium with this one!

10 Likes

Such a great pilot, I am really looking forward to seeing more of this show

6 Likes

I am so glad you like the show, @AlexanderKnox! :grinning: And I agree with you, can’t wait to see more of Courtney with Pat, I think they’ll make a great team.

3 Likes

Wow! That’s how you do a pilot. All of the characters were given strong character moments. Can’t wait for more.

4 Likes

2 Green Lantern shows confirmed?

1 Like

Having never really read Stargirl outside of the Justice Society I have no idea how true they stayed to canon. But it wasn’t bad. I myself, would have preferred to have seen a show with the Justice Society in it, but then this show, like most, is aimed at a teen/Millennial target audience. It seemed well written and acted and I am looking forward to the next episode.

2 Likes

Great first episode. I was excited for this last year and the pilot exceeded my expectations. Really enjoyed the moments between Courtney and the Cosmic Staff. Looking forward to seeing more of the JSA and looking forward to seeing next weeks episode.

4 Likes

The driving reason I subscribed to DC Universe is the original content television programming. So far, DP is my #1 choice, but I did enjoy this premiere. I only know of Stargirl from JSA as I never read her solo series. I might after the series ends.

3 Likes