Stargirl S1, E1 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

I think I’m the only one in this forum to say that this pilot didn’t quite land. I thought that the mixing of different generations of music (there were a LOT of songs crammed into one episode) muddled the timeline. The vintage car and old-telephone-on-the-line-with-a-cellphone were super strange when trying to pin down where we were (“present day”?). I’m also tired of seeing a 20-something play a teenager. When a child role is cast, it is typically a child of age who plays the part. But for some reason, when it comes to teens, it’s always a more mature actress. I would’ve loved to have seen this character portrayed as the braces-clad youngster from the comics. As expected from the trailer, there were also some oddly placed comedic moments. I’m not a proponent for DC’s shows to only remain on the “dark side”, but Doom Patrol and Titans seem to have a much stronger sense of self by comparison to Stargirl. I don’t know if I’ll brave watching more of this. For me, it was a bit of a disaster.

1 Like