Stargirl leaving DCU for CW - Rumor of the Week!

Or was really into the click bait potential of "the DC Universe service is dying! "

2 Likes

Don’t spread rumors with no evidence, support, or backing. Especially when they’ve already been shut down. Rumors run havoc on the forums. It’s irresponsible.

3 Likes

DC Universe is here to stay. DC is coming to take over!

3 Likes

I absolutely hate the gore! If this is TV14 I will be super happy, I have several friends who think if it is rated higher it will be better if it was lower

Well said.

3 Likes

Stargirl gore??? That doesn’t find the Geoff Johns take in Stargirl.

If you want my opinion, read Star and Stripe series. I think that’s the time we’ll get.

I just realized that this whole rumor doesn’t even make sense. Stargirl is literally already in the arrowverse. She was in Legends of Tomorrow in the JSA episode.

4 Likes

yep she was. That was a wasted opportunity

1 Like

Well said @Moe.Vargas

1 Like

Haven’t watched CW shows in years just cuz they’re pretty, bleh, but aren’t they also doing a Crisis event? Not trying to say it would happen (and hope it doesn’t), but wouldn’t that be a way for them to explain it away, what with multiple universes and all?

Yeah, they could. But if a lot of stuff about the character is the same in that universe, they usually try to keep them as the same actor. They only change it if they’re completely different (Jay Garrick, Superman, etc.).

True, it would feel pretty convoluted if they did try something like that. Again, I don’t know much about her appearance there or how large a significance she had. It’s just worrying to hear CW even being mentioned in anything DC nowadays.

The character of Stargirl would seem a better fit for CW then most given it’s female protagonist with teen angst. But it is a moot point given the rumor is false.

2 Likes

I think that’s the biggest reason why I wouldn’t want Stargirl on CW. Personally, my biggest worry would be that they would make her a one-note character that relies solely on teen angst. At least here I feel confident they can flesh her out and make her more than another pointlessly dramatic show.

2 Likes

None. I’ve been trying to find any of those rumors but come up empty. The only one that was actually considered was the Hawk and Dove show but that was back when season 1 of episode 2 aired for Titans back in 2018. I’ll say that none of the shows that were stated were completely false and the person was just trying to start more rumors.

1 Like

@DC-YJ that is such a shame, I would love to see a Kyle Rayner show

1 Like

Only way I could see Kyle Rayner or any Green Lantern show on DCU would be animated. Swamp Thing showed there is a cap on how much they can spend on their shows. And that is in no way a bad think but I also think it means some characters are likely never going to be considered for an original show due to budget, unless DCU becomes more successful, which years from now it might. But for right now I think characters like Swamp THing, Etrigan, and others are probably simply not viable.

2 Likes