Stargirl leaving DCU for CW - Rumor of the Week!

I honestly have to disagree with this rumor. Listen DC and WB have already put a lot of money into the new community section plus were getting a second season for Doom Patrol and a forth season for Young Justice that are confirmed for DC Universe not HBO Max, not Cartoon Network, and not The CW. Anyways this rumor came from Full Cinema somthing or other but the rumor said that edits are going on with the first season. Now if you know anything about movies and TV then you know that edits are in every movie and TV shows. Ex- deleted/extended scenes.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure this was false. There’s nothing indicating it will be on any other service. It def won’t be moving to the CW

6 Likes

Whereas the Swamp Thing Rumors weren’t shut down. These have very deliberately been shut down.

2 Likes

Yeah, that seems completely squashed, which is for the best.

However, this did cause a neat idea over on the DCUBC discord: instead of leaving DCU for CW, maybe they could recut Stargirl for commercials, and have them air it after the fact on CW, maybe on the Summer interlude between regular DCCW seasons. It might get new viewers onto the service that way.

6 Likes

I really can’t stand when rumors like these get brought up. I joked about it on the Discord when this rumor first went up, but people seem to go nuts about stuff that they have no ground on (not referring to this thread specifically, just in general). I really hope this is the only thread I see on this topic until solid evidence is brought up to support the claims that the show is actually moving. Luckily, like most people said already, this rumor was pretty much immediately shut down.

7 Likes

I’m with you there @OmniLad. I wish more people would start taking rumors with a hefty grain of salt instead of instantly taking them as fact. Unless this rumor has some fact to support it I’m going to have to say it’s false.

6 Likes

I honestly like that idea and like you said it might give newcomers to say, “Hay there are extended episodes on DC Universe I need to get this app.”

2 Likes

I’m a fan of Collider, but not the person who reported this rumor. Once I saw his name, I knew to take this with a HUGE grain of salt!

2 Likes

I saw this rumor in an headline and didn’t even bother to read it. Just seems so ridiculous.

It also made me really miss the community.:cry:

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of Collider, so I immediately ignored this “news” when it came out.

Stargirl shall shine proudly on DCU. Believe it.

6 Likes

I don’t think CW has room for more DC shows.

4 Likes

Well, they should make room!! And change their name to DC Universe Lite.

Apparently i n the next couple of weeks HBO Max will be rolling out multiple new DC shows for Max, DCU and the CW. Rumor has it Max will have a Adam Strange show and That Lobo show and a The Question show.

The DCU is considering A Blue Beetle show, a Green Lantern show with Kyle, Superboy show, a Red Hood show and a Hawk And Dove show

The CW is looking at a Superman show and a Martian Manhunt show.

It’s doubtful all of these are happening, but these are the rumors. Personally, I think most of the current CW shows will be cancelled and replaced in the next couple of years because they can’t air on HBO Max until after they’ve been cancelled.

5 Likes

I don’t believe rumors, usually. But if anything likes this turns out to be true, I’m guessing that HBO Max and DCU will share shows, and CW will be stay on CW. Unless CW changes their licensing agreement with Netflix for streaming, then DCU and HBO Max will get all of them. At that point, you may question your DCU membership; but I think if you’re only on here for the DCU originals and not all of the comics and other shows, then this might be the service for you. (And by you, I don’t mean @BrightKnight, but just people in general).

1 Like

I am hoping this is a rumor. From what I understand DC Universe seems to spend more on CW on its programs. The quality of the sets seems more film quality and geared for someone older. As much as I like the CW shows…personally prefer the DCU stuff. Stargirl I have been waiting for since launch. The first thing I did was crash read the comics. This sounds fun.

1 Like

Has there been any credible reports about DCU considering these shows? I would love most of these shows and I don’t want to get my hopes too high before it turns out to be just another random rumor.

N-n-n-n-no, I was promised. I always get what I want! Wait a minute I’m having flashbacks to a Rolling Stones song…you can always get what you want

(Pleas please please don’t think this is my personality! And I know the song really is: you can’t always get what you want, by The Rolling Stones.)

1 Like

I wonder the same. I’d love a lot of those shows but I don’t want to be disappointed either.

Stargirl , the Geoff Johns-helmed series developed for the DC Universe app, will reportedly head to The CW, where it will be modified somewhat to fit the standards and format of broadcast television. The rumor comes from Collider’s Jeff Sneider, who tweeted it, noting that uncut episodes (likely for length rather than language or violence, since it is Stargirl after all) may make their way to HBO Max down the line. Such a claim will, depending on your perspective, probably either seem like yet another unsubstantiated claim to make the DC Universe service seem doomed – or reinforce your feeling that the service is doomed.

It’s just a random tweet with no evidence to back it up. I don’t even think it counts as a rumor.

Somebody realized that Stargirl is likely TV14 rated, so in theory it could be broadcast on CW. Of course since all previous live action DCU Originals have been TVMA, it’s likely someone with an axe to grind that all DCU Originals need to be TVMA.

5 Likes