Stargirl Episode Five... very surprise "Cameo"

Did anyone else notice the tall blonde kid who casually walks by Beth Chapel, right as Justin… “The Janitor,” walks by Beth Chapel and tells her that there are dragons in the water? Notice his very green costume with yellow antennae? I did.

Ladies and gentlemen, our first possible live-action view of Ambush Bug. If only my phone would let me get screenshots on these episodes.

9 Likes

Very curious to see if anyone else noticed.

2 Likes

Cool!!!

4 Likes

No no no justin the janitor is the shining knoght i just rewatched that part no sign of anything anb bug related

2 Likes

I’m talking about the kid in the green costume that walks past Justin.

1 Like

Ok now that makes sense kinda

2 Likes

I thought that was the alien from Stars and Stripes --like episode er … issue 3 or 4

3 Likes

Welcome to DC Universe @cookinwidlilcook.18277 and @IrwinSchwab! I didn’t even notice that! I’ll have to watch for that next time.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the welco.e @Reaganfan78 I looked it up several times before posting in other sites, and I think there is a very slight possibility that I am the first to notice? Probably not, though lol

3 Likes

Oooo, I am just starting the comics. Maybe it is? Image?

1 Like

Not to be a debby-downer, but I don’t know if this was planned honestly. I have a little bit of experience doing background work in shows like this and typically they will email you asking you to bring in your own costumes since it can get ridiculously expensive to pay for costumes for all of the extras in your show. My guess is that kid was told that this episode took place during Halloween and so he threw that together.

That being said, it doesn’t take away from the fact that we can imagine it being an ambush bug easter egg. It can still be fun for all of us!

2 Likes

@OmniLad I do find that to be interesting, I knew they do not generally provide costuming for extras on a lot of shows for budget purposes.

I just think there was something about the way he walked by that felt almost deliberate. I can easily see it being either, but the yellow antenna were what got me.

We may never know, as I have absolutely zero expectations for Ambush Bug to show up. However, if he shows up as a school news reporter or something, as a nod to the end of many issues of Rebirth(? Or was it New 52, where they did the reports to catch us up on the goings-on of the broader stories?) I will take it as fact lmao.

2 Likes

I hope you’re right. I certainly do think an ambush bug cameo would be cool. But the way he walked is much more likely linked to the fact that he’s just trying to get noticed. Every kid on that set wants to be a star. They’re all aspiring and trying to get noticed so they make grand or abnormal movements in the background to draw in your eye. It happens a lot. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I think an ambush bug Easter egg would look far more noticeable and closer to his actual costume than this EXTREMELY loose one. I mean, just look at the wymay they handle the JSA.

2 Likes

Thank you for the welcome!

2 Likes

Would not have noticed it unless someone pointed it out!

The last time I saw an Ambush Bug costume was over a decade ago when my friend cosplayed as him for NYCC

1 Like

I so didn’t notice this, thank you! This is what makes DC having complete control over their content awesome, it’s so fun.

1 Like