Stargirl Casting News

I am absolutely loving all of the lesser known heroes and villains this show will be packing!

1 Like

Given Joy Osmananski and Neil Hopkins are roughly the same age, I wonder if they’ll be the Paula Brooks and Crusher Crock version of Tigress and Sportsmaster?

1 Like

Starting to sound like a Geoff Johns JSA show and I have ZERO problems with that. I know Stargirl is an important character to him and I cant wait to see what he does with this series.

3 Likes

So this is basically the JSA series, right?

2 Likes

Also, remember that scene in Legends of Tomorrow, very end of Season 1? When Hourman appears and says “My name is Rex Tyler and I’m a member of the Justice Society of America” I literally had goosebumps and tears of joy.

1 Like

@christopher.holzman.2180

According to the news article I read, they will be the Paula Brooks and Crusher Crock versions of Tigress and Sportsmaster.

1 Like

Mae

Yes, she’s the youngest member to ever be inducted into the JSA. She does have her own story b4 that they “could” stretch a little, but it will probably be JSA very quick. I won’t spoil, but there’s events b4 she moves to Blue Valley & things at her new high school they could spend some time on. Even after she goes to school things progress quickly. In her comics at least.

1 Like

Luke Wilson joins the Stargirl cast! He will portray Pat Dugan AKA Stripe. This is awesome news :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am definitely looking forward to this series.

3 Likes

Me too. They have managed to snag some great talent. This series was the one I was least excited for just because I don’t know this character that much, but with every new casting announcement I get more and more hyped.

3 Likes

Yes getting excited fore sure great casting choices. You know its going to be great, star girl is near and dear to Johns heart and he’s really putting in the work.

side note: in the news section when they informed us that Luke Wilson has been cast as S.T.R.I.P.E. They say…
“Luke Wilson, best known for such hit films as Legally Blonde, Old School, and The Royal Tenenbaums, will play Pat Dugan.”
The only reference we needed was Idiocracy!

Would have been hilarious if they broke the news with “Star Girl now has what plants crave, its got electrolytes!”

2 Likes

@fansumtheory.16165 LOL! Luke’s actually been in some pretty iconic movies.

He’s been in quite a few movies with strong females as the lead so he could be the perfect fit here.

3 Likes

@nu52, I agree absolutely. Not normally my kind of flic but “The Family Stone” was pretty good.

2 Likes

Luke Wilson is so perfect for Pat Dugan. I almost can’t believe it never occurred to me how good of a match that is. Owen would’ve been perfect too. Bottle rocket is a great example of a movie where they both play humorous & serious roles in the same movie. One of my faves from Wes Anderson. Fantastic Mr. Fox :fox_face: is my favorite of Anderson’s, but Tenenbaums, Life Aquatic, Rushmore, Darjeeling Limited & so many more are all close to tied.

Luke Wilson really is perfect for Pat and I guess I never even thought of him because I never thought he’d be on Stargirl. I just am excited by these casting choices. The newer actors seem like good fresh choices and the veteran actors just seem so spot on.

Jake Austin Walker and Meg DeLacy have been cast. I actually listen to their music and have seen Meg on “The Fosters” so this is good casting for me :slight_smile: