Starfire (2015- ) #1-6; Read, then Join Spoiler Discussion

And yes, I agree it’s a great light read. I had no idea I would love it so much.

2 Likes

Same here I never seen myself being into starfire but Im enjoying it

1 Like

Yeah I loved her already & when I started it I was like what’s going on here? Cuz I’m used to TNTT Koriand’r warrior princess style. Then after I started I loved it, & I thought, I’m probably the only one that liked that spin on her character. Next I was on a what did u last read post & they were all Starfire 2015. I even said on that post, man I’m surprised so many people read that besides me it was my 1st read on here. I came across a post other day where I said it was my 1st read so I know it was now. Earlier on this thread I said I was pretty sure it was, then I saw that like 2days ago.

1 Like

I actually read the whole series when I was in Key West on vacation :slight_smile:

@djd187, I’m always happy when I see people are reading it. It’s a gem.

2 Likes

@batlantern96 - what’s you think of the series?

1 Like

1 issue left

Finished it was a fun story I’m glad I did this over it was a fun ride

1 Like

Davidbizzar1000

Isn’t it crazy how it’s not what you’d expect for a Starfire comic but for a reason I can’t put my finger on its great. She’s been 1 of my faves for a long time, & when I started it I was expecting the Gordanians to show up & chaos to begin. It was light the whole way tho, & I loved when they visited Atlees home world. That was my favorite part.

1 Like

This version of Starfire seems to me to be far more inspired by the TT cartoon (and animated movies), and I really enjoyed this little series.

This version of Starfire is also definitely a contrast to the 1980s TNTT comics, and I suspect a lot of people who are watching Titans and feeling disappointed by the portrayal of Starfire are probably people who aren’t familiar with the 1980s TNTT and expected something more like the cartoons and this comic series.

If you’ve seen any of the art by Gabriel Picolo that has been posted on instagram, his ‘casual Titans’ stuff reminds me of this series’ art a bit as well. I’m really looking forward to his upcoming Raven graphic novel this summer.

1 Like