🌠 Stardust | Thursday, August 4th | 6 PM Pacific/9 PM Eastern 🌠

Before you catch The Sandman on Netflix, be sure to swing by and check out the adaptation of an entirely different Neil Gaiman-penned, Vertigo-published tale, 2007’s wondrous :sparkles: Stardust :sparkles:!

Starring Robert De Niro in his first DC movie, Michelle Pfeiffer and Peter O’Toole in their second DC flicks and Charlie Cox (paging @Daredevil :wink:) along with Henry Cavill in his first DC role, Stardust is a fun and quirky romantic fantasy/adventure that will charm and delight one and all.

Stardust is available on physical and digital media, while also streaming on HBO Max. Conjure your viewing magic/method of choice and join the fun with @CassTheStreet and I this Thursday, August 4th at 6 PM Pacific/9 PM Eastern. :magic_wand:

3 Likes

If you’ve never read Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess’ 4 issue Stardust mini-series that inspired the movie, here’s a handy-dandy look at the source material:

Stardust Preview

Stardust #1

Stardust #2

Stardust #3

Stardust #4

Don’t ask me why that cover shrunk. Let’s just blame it on some wibbly-wobbly magic, m’kay? :wink:

The most recent trade edition of Stardust, released in 2019:

Have you read the Stardust comic? If so, how does it compare to the movie and between the two, which take on the tale do you prefer?

Oh, this is a classic, awesome film. I hesitate to say it, but I enjoy it a bit more than the book - it has a slightly gentler spirit.

3 Likes

So, you’re coming to the WAL then, right? Right? :smiley:

…I’ll order-in deviled eggs, but only if you actually show up.

Fun Fact: Stardust was directed by Matthew Vaughn, who would go on to direct other comic-based movies, such as Kick-Ass and The Kingsman Trilogy.

2 Likes

My night tonight is crammed :frowning:

Keep the devilled eggs on ice :wink:

2 Likes

Well, @CassTheStreet and I are hosting The Sandman tomorrow night. Ya got any plans, then?

:laughing: Great Rao, iced deviled eggs? I think I’m going to :superman:uper-heave, friend.

2 Likes

About an hour until showtime, it looks like. Definitely plan on being there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Until showtime

2 Likes

Five minutes! I’m paused and ready. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is officially GO TIME!!!

2 Likes

touches down, Reeve-style

Evenin’, kids!

2 Likes

Abe Lincoln, what are you doing with that telescope?

2 Likes

Gandalf The Magneto is our narrator! I forgot he narrated this…since its been at least a decade since I’ve seen Stardust.

2 Likes

Hi @Vroom and Hi @Jay_Kay!

What a beautiful moon to start us on this epic journey.

2 Likes

I thought that sounded like him! Yeah, it’s been a long time since I watched this.

2 Likes

I think that’s William Hurt as the guardian of the wall too.

2 Likes

Samesies! It has been since it premiered that I saw this. Loved it then, lets see if it holds up.

2 Likes

IMDB says its David Kelly, who also played Grandpa Joe in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how the economic system of this bazaar works, but I like it!

2 Likes

If the wagon’s a rockin’…

2 Likes