Spotlight Sweepstakes: John Stewart Green Lantern!

Link found here, or on the News section of DC Universe:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/john-stewart-green-lantern-sweepstakes/

This week on DC Universe, we’re celebrating Black History Month by shining a spotlight on John Stewart, one of the most powerful and prominent Green Lanterns in all the DC Universe. Dive into his origins, history, essential storylines by visiting our Encyclopedia.
https://www.dcuniverse.com/mythos/john-stewart/

John Stewart debuted in Green Lantern vol. 2 #87 (December 1971/January 1972) when artist Neal Adams came up with the idea of a substitute Green Lantern. The decision to make the character black resulted from a conversation between Adams and editor Julius Schwartz, in which Adams recounts saying that given the racial makeup of the world’s population, “we ought to have a black Green Lantern, not because we’re liberals, but because it just makes sense.” The character was DC’s first black superhero.

Earth has produced many fine members of the Green Lantern Corps, but among its finest stands U.S. Marine Corps veteran John Stewart. Althou gh he was originally chosen by the Guardians of the Universe as the “alternate” Lantern, called in to wear the power ring whenever Hal Jordan was incapacitated, Stewart has grown to become a leader of the Green Lantern Corps.

A former architect, Stewart creates his power ring constructs differently than his fellow Lanterns, as they are never hollow. He always builds them from the inside out, down to the last nut and bolt—the result of his keen architectural mind. Stewart also differs from some of Earth’s other Green Lanterns in that he has chosen not to conceal his identity behind a mask.

John Stewart never became the replacement he was intended to be- instead, he rose to become one of the most prominent characters in DC Comics. We are excited to celebrate him by offering fans a chance to win a Funko Pop of his image, as well as a snapback baseball hat of the Green Lantern logo to show off your GL Corps pride!

Enter this giveaway for a chance to win now through February 19th!

3 Likes

John Stewart was my very first encounter with the Green Lantern and will always have a special place in my heart. <3

4 Likes

Love the hat and John Stewart funko! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

john stewart rock

1 Like

John Stewart for the win! Though, I maybe somewhat bias! Green Lantern & the Corps. got me into comics

1 Like

John Stewart is my favorite

I marked out big time in elsworlds when he said John you don’t have your ring