Spooktacular Halloween Evenings with the Justice League Watch-Along #2: Constantine (2005), Friday, October 8th at 6 PM P/9 PM E

:jack_o_lantern: :jack_o_lantern: Halloween season’s greetings, my kooky spookies of the @JusticeLeagueBookClub and beyond! :jack_o_lantern: :jack_o_lantern:

The hits from the mid-2000s keep on coming! This time, we’re looking at a movie that fared substantially better than Catwoman, 2005’s Constantine, starring Keanu Reeves and Rachel Weisz.

Read on for how you can summon this flick into your watch-along circle!

What to scream for: 2005’s Constantine, directed by Francis Lawrence, whom some of you may know from the Hunger Games series.

When to scream for it: Friday, October 8th at 6 PM Pacific/9 PM Eastern.

Where to scream for it: In this thread at the above date and time. :point_up:t2:

How to scream along with it: Constantine is available on physical and digital home video formats while also streaming on HBO Max. Whatever your poison, please be ready to go when the Play Time bell tolls for John. :play_or_pause_button: :bell:

That’s the plan, demons of man! Whether you saw this movie long before the Constantine TV series existed, because of the Constantine TV series, or are just a big 'ol fan of John Constantine in every way you can get him, I look forward to seeing you at this groovy gig! :superman_hv_4:

SN: Bring all of the candy you can eat, too. May as well rot our pearly white teeth while we’re having fun and watching demons rot and so on, right? Right! :candy: :grin:

I’ll see you there, groovy ghoulies/fright fans! :ghost:

9 Likes

I’ll try to make it but no promises

1 Like

All I ask is that you try. :slight_smile:

…and, maybe bring candy, too. I’ll take some Red Vines ('cuz they can double as edible straws, too), if you don’t mind, please and thank you. :clark_hv_4:

1 Like

I’ll be at volleyball :volleyball: but I’m inspired to rewatch it on my own anyway! :smiley: always enjoyed Reeves as Constantine even if it’s very different from the comic version.

1 Like

Oh, volleyball, schmolleyball! :grin:

Skip it and spike the figurative ball here, instead! If you do, I’ll let you spike the punch. :clark_hv_4:

You know, I was pretty good at volleyball when I was in school.

Of course, being tall helped, as I rarely had to jump up that often. I’d just stand there, then bean the ball over the net, nab a point and say “How much longer does P.E. have, anyway?” to myself.

I never asked that question when we played baseball, though. I was good at that.

1 Like

Lmao volleyball is LIFE! It’s the first time we’ve been able to play in 2 years due to the pandemic and even still we’re fully masked but it’s worth it! So if anyone says they can’t breath in a mask I can confirm that is a lie. :rofl:

And tall people were literally poached at my school for the team. Are you 6ft and horribly coordinated? Join the team and just stand at the net with your hands up! Lmao I’m 5’6” and W.O.R.K. To get my finger tips over that dang net! But that’s what I love about the game, And the jumping an diving and quick moving! It’s actually a great game for anyone with ADHD lmao explains a lot actually :rofl:

1 Like

I’m guessing that’s why I got picked early when team captains picked their teams.

“Oh, he’s 6’ 3”. Well, my team needs him!" thought a team captain.

“Geez, is P.E. over yet?” I thought, as I waited to be picked.

1 Like

I will be joining in on this on Friday night! :slight_smile: I have been wanting to do a rewatch of it and what better way then with some of my favorite people!

1 Like

Excellent, @CassTheStreet! I look forward to seeing you here! :superman_hv_4:

1 Like

Good morning, @CassTheStreet, @Jurisdiction, @JusticeLeagueBookClub and all other interested parties!
:city_sunrise: :slight_smile:

Just a friendly reminder about tonight’s WAL. I hope to see you here (as does Mr. Constantine :wink:).

3 Likes

Never seen it, hope it’s good.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

how long is the movie again?

3 Likes

I saw Constantine when it came out in theaters, and watched it on DVD and Blu-ray here and there in the years since.

I like it well enough. Anyone expecting something akin to Matt Ryan’s JC will likely be disappointed, but for what this movie was, I think Keanu did a reasonably good turn as John.

It’s been some time since I’ve seen the movie in full, so I’m looking forward to this re-watch.

3 Likes

I check and it’s 2 hours.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Took the words right out of my mouth, you mechanical marvel of the JSA, you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:grin:That’s what I’m here for! Courtney gets mad at me once a while if I try to be helpful, then again she just get annoy with me! LOL!

3 Likes

Court just needs to relax.

Granted, she has a lot on her plate, but even a superhero needs to chillax once in a while.

She should visit Coast City. That’s a nice, quiet, little burg. :00_lc_green_lantern:

thinks for a moment

M’kay, now I want a Stargirl/Green Lantern one-shot.

3 Likes

how’s my new SPOOKTACULAR pfp?

4 Likes

Its full of Jack O’Lantern goodness, and is most spooktacular. :jack_o_lantern: :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I am excited for this tonight! A friend is going to join in as well for the first time. Can’t wait to watch this in several hours. :slight_smile: I saw it years upon years ago, but don’t remember a darn thing about it.

3 Likes