*Spoilers* Let's Talk and Appreciate Batman: White Knight

**Of course this post will contain spoilers for the book Batman The White Knight.
I have to say how much I love this story! I grew up in Batman the animated series and the fact that the author made it as an adult continuation, or perhaps extension would be the better description, it allowed me to connect on a deeper level. The story was real and brought up many concerns of having Batman in Gotham and what would be the better route other than vigilantism. The story was very heartfelt with their interpretation of Jason Todd to Harley to Batman’s relationship with Dick, and Mr. Freeze to the Wayne’s. This book is either a great send off for Batman or even better new beginnings of Gotham!

What do you think?!

5 Likes

I freaking loved it. Murphy weaved an amazing tale and planted enough to keep the arc going. I loved the idea of Jason still out there and lost or hiding. The last page with Batman and Gordon. Fantastic. And the ups and downs with Joker/ Napier. A wickedly smart scheme. The artwork was perfect. I loved seeing all the Batmobiles. What a marvelous way of bringing together almost ALL the lore and canon and making it work. I can’t wait for what Sean has coming up next.

4 Likes

I agree! The fact he put the Tumblr and the other movie batmobiles gave the world so much depth and grand! The final pages…this is how stories suppose to end. It finalize ls beautiful but gives the reader so many possibilities of what could happen next. It’s been awhile since I read a book like this.

3 Likes

One if my favorite series this year. Great art, great story. Cant wait for the sequel next year.

1 Like

Murphy mentioned in an interview that he has a story idea with Azrael. That just sounds redonkulous. Really excited for what he’s got cooked up.

3 Likes

I want aware of a sequel being made. I am excited to see what they are going to do!

1 Like

Azrael is in fact a very big part if the sequel. Gonna be good.

2 Likes

I loved it, so amazing! It took everything and just about tied it all together. I cannot wait for the sequel!

2 Likes

White Knight really gave me a new perspective on Harley Quinn. It really showcases her as an actually smart person, and it shows her love for (Jack?) is real.

2 Likes

Read the Batman White Knight Special edition, I’m sold. Cant wait to read this in its entirety

The series was quite good, and builds to some interesting story beats. If you dug the first one, I think you’ll really like the whole package.

1 Like

One of the best best stories I’ve ever read. I really hope they bring it into the regular bat mythos.

Great story! Loved it from beginning to end. Hope we get a part 2 soon.

Does anyone know how often they will upload new comics? Also would anyone know if they will take down comics?

If you have not read Batman white night already get of the community and read it. Batman white night is a must read for all joker fans. It provides a great look at the joker of he was cured if you have read it let me know what your favorite part was

7 Likes

Last month, the World of Bats book club discussed this title. I would recommend checking out that thread to see what others had to say:

6 Likes

Agree, it’s a fantastic story!
Thanks @AlexanderKnox, was just about to throw up that link. :batman_hv_1: :hugs:

3 Likes

Absolutely fantastic. One of my favorite parts is with the “new” Harley.

4 Likes

I’m 3 books into it so far and its so captivating. I started reading it based on this thread alone! So thank you OP!

1 Like

I didn’t go into White Knight expecting much, and I was completely blown away. Then, I started Curse of the White Knight not expecting it no live up to the first. Again, I was blown away. At this point, I’ve determined that Sean Murphy can do no wrong.

1 Like