Spoilers Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

As an ending to the current universe continuity they built, it seemed a fitting end. I don’t think that Superman is a war monger, but it does demonstrate that even Superman can suffer from hubris and when it comes to Darkseid, even more than Luthor, he just sees red. But after some of the stunts Darkseid has pulled, not least of which was seriously messing with Kara. I can see where it could happen.

So now we get a new “Flashpoint”. I’m guessing it’ll be rebirth, although I’d love a more mixed universe thrown in, especially some Bronze Age stuff.

I really want to see an adaptation of GL/GA Road trip across America by O’Neil & Adams. The same issues it grappled with then are still issues we grapple with today some nearly 50 years later.

3 Likes

While I’ll be sad to see this continuity go, I am looking forward to what’s coming.

I’d like to see maybe something with Booster Gold and Blue Beetle.

3 Likes

I was happy with it! Super exciting and kept me guessing. I’m looking forward to what’s next. I’m really hoping they change up a lot of things for the next universe. But good job DC!

@superby1 A Blue Beetle and Booster Gold movie? Now here’s a guy with good taste!

@ComicBookJedi80 I totally understand your complaint about Superman. Batman would never go for a plan like that. But I think the end was worth it. Hopefully with this new continuity we’ll get more true-to-character depictions.

3 Likes

It comes out 90 days video release.

Absolutely loved the movie. I even went back to watch some of the movies I had missed like Suicide Squad and Teen Titan Judas Contract and man did it help revive that DC Comics love. Looking forward to jump back into the comics again!

3 Likes

Just saw this. My roommate is totally clueless about most of my DC geekiness. She even liked it. Cried at the end.

3 Likes

Just rewatched it again. It’s so good. The moment before the boom tube loses that Raven gets with Trigon, is awesome. And the Cyborg getting the last word in. Classic a great use of subverting audience expectations, we were all expecting the Booyah and forced”Suck it bitches” classic. What to put an exclamation point on it, then Barry having to suck it up, including his promise to Iris and do another flashpoint, even though he doesn’t want to, but need to make the sacrifice and does it again, knowing he doesn’t want to.

4 Likes

I just bought this movie yesterday and watched it just a few mins ago and wow!!!

3 Likes

The Jack Kirby doco is awesome!!!

When was Kara in the dcamu? Or we’re just saying in general/stand alone films.

I love supergirl so if I missed her, shame on me. Hopefully with the new timeline we can get Supergirl with the Justice League, similar to JLU.

1 Like

Just watched it and already need to rewatch it since I’m sure I missed a lot. And need to binge the entire dcamu to have the full effect, but still, wow.

Expected the violence, character death and gore (even if I still cringed). As soon as I saw the two year jump I thought they must do flashpoint- time travel is the comic book fix (and easy retcon). When I saw Barry was alive I just wondered what happened to him and how they’d get him back. Seeing him powering the machine reminded me of Batman Brave and the Bold!

I like the choices Darkseid made of who was powerful enough to enslave. Love confirmation that Starfire is a bad***! And Mera! Literal queens…

Damien and Raven finally getting together was so bittersweet. When they first met you could see the possibility (carnival and daddy issues), so having them together only to have it all erased pulled at the heartstrings. Though everything was reset so plenty else was sad to see end (I mean Kori holding Dick :sob:).

Overall satisfied with the ending. I certainly wouldn’t want the world they had at the end.

Lois and Clark were very cute together and I think they showed their relationship well. Diana got the chance to show her power and be the independent force she’s meant to be. Bruce has a back up plan, of course. Bruce’s love with his sons and the growth in his and Damiens relationship was shown which was a great ending to their movies.

The side characters made the movie: Shazam, Harley, Swamp Thing, Captain Boomerang, King Shark, Etrigan, Trigon, and evening Luther.

Do wish we could have seen the furies but understand how that would have complicated matters, and it shows just how powerful Darkseid is alone.

I could go on, but RIP DCAMU. You were amazing and I can’t wait to see what this flashpoint brings us.

My favorite part was “You…!” I got chills

She was a main focus in Superman/Batman Apokolips. I can’t recall if that was pre-flashpoint or not. So it might not be explicitly part of the amu continuity they just ended. But, it was a kick a$$ movie anyways.

1 Like

The ending reminds me of JLU/Timmverse where Flash is the hero at the end and we see how powerful he is.