[Spoiler Zone 🚨] Swamp Thing Ep. #07 Open Discussion Thread

I was so happy to have Alec back!

As someone who isn’t familiar with Swamp Thing, this show does a great job. I rarely ever get to enjoy a DC show without knowing a bunch of info, it’s refreshing. This has been a great change of pace compared to Titans and Doom Patrol.

2 Likes

I’ve been agreeing a lot with @DanTheManOne1 about how I feel about the episodes. There have been some ups and downs, and this one is a standout. Really intense the whole way through. The actors and writers were on point.

On a seperate note, I’m really interested in how the episodes going forward turn out to be. In the middle of shooting either 8 or 9 (I forget which one) they had to halt production and rewrite the script to fit 10 episodes. In general that’s a red flag, but honestly, from what I’ve seen from the writers, I could see them salvaging the situation and making something cool out of it. We’ll just have to see what happens, but I’ll be paying close attention to these next few eps.

2 Likes

“While it is very uncommon there are cases of people developing early onset Alzheimer’s as early as their 40’s so assume that is what she is supposed to have.”

Didn’t know this was a thing that could happen, so thank you for the information. My comment wasn’t a criticism, but merely an observation made out of ignorance. :blush:

“On a seperate note, I’m really interested in how the episodes going forward turn out to be. In the middle of shooting either 8 or 9 (I forget which one) they had to halt production and rewrite the script to fit 10 episodes. In general that’s a red flag, but honestly, from what I’ve seen from the writers, I could see them salvaging the situation and making something cool out of it. We’ll just have to see what happens, but I’ll be paying close attention to these next few eps.”

The cast and crew were in the middle of filming Episode 10 when production was shut down, which is why Cinemablend reported that they were going to be allowed to go back for reshoots in order to turn what they had filmed into a Finale when it wasn’t originally intended to be at the time they shot it.

2 Likes

@DignificWriter
Thanks for the fact check :slight_smile:

1 Like

I went and looked at dates, and what I believe happened, as further clarification of my previous post, is that production was temporarily halted and when it resumed, the cast and crew finished filming Episode 10 as originally scripted, officially wrapped the series/season, and then went back to NC a week or two later to rework the already-completed Episode 10 into a Finale.

1 Like

I hope somehow DC saves this show I’ve enjoyed watching each episode.

5 Likes

Late watching (again!) but really enjoyed this episode overall. Abby and Alec’s relationship exploration was interesting, while it was great to see Maria really become a fully fleshed out character. The twist of Avery being Matt’s father wasn’t incredibly surprising, but worked for the story.

My biggest problem by this point is the major changes in story/tone throughout the series. While likely an effect of the cut in episodes, it’s really hard to connect the series from where it started (a CDC procedural featuring horror/Swamp Thing) to where we are now (a supernatural drama). The show’s plot direction is muddled, but still continues being enjoyable (mainly due to the actors). It’s also exciting not knowing where the show’s going with only 3 episodes left.

@DigificWriter I think I also read they re-shot several scenes in some earlier episodes to set up the new ending, or replace scenes that were there to setup a later payoff that wouldn’t happen.

Sorry for the double post missed this post before. But…

@RorschachQuestion13 I feel you on the CDC thing. On the one hand the Green Flu storyline was one I did not like and was part of what was turning me off of the series early on. So can’t say I was sorry to see it dropped. But it dropped so abruptly and without any rewarding payoff, Alec gives them a sample everyone just… get’s better" I know they didn’t have the episode order cut by that point, and while they re-shot some stuff in earlier episodes reportedly doubt they just replaced all Green Flu talk going forward. But I know there were trouble with the production and from early on Warner/ATT and Swamp Things producers were at odds on what to do with the show. And it really feels like Warner told them to drop the Green Flu storyline and take it in a different direction. Honestly, not sure it wasn’t for the best overall, I have liked the show better personally since then. But it could have been handled better if that was the case.

Why in gods name is this show canceled i thought it was gonna be trash at first but its actually great love the dark tone that all the dc app shows have

1 Like

@Dan, executives were not at odds with the showrunners over the direction or tone of the series at any point, and there would not have been time to do extensive rewriting and re-editing of already-finished episodes that were filmed in their entirety when the series’ cast and crew believed they had a 13-episode season, so it is highly doubtful that they reshot anything other than portions of Episode 10, which would have been quickly rewritten after production had officially wrapped and before the result period began.

Wow!!! Marais just has dirt people everywhere. Maria showed just dark she can be and that is just sad. Not suprised about Matt being Avery’s son, especially with how his mother just kept going back to him know full well who Avery is. Speaking of Avery that guy just has nothing but a list of people who hate his guts Maria, Matt, and Lucilia dang man. While all that was going we starting to see or get what might have kill Shawna doesn’t have physical appearance but think its about too. Get to see Alec and Abby have some time together as they learned about what was going on in the Swamp and looks like Alec is starting to accept what he become and what role he needs to play.

This show just keeps getting darker as time goes on DC and Warner Bros have got figure a way to get this show back int Production for Season #2 cuz this is just two good of show to pass up with just 1 season #SaveSwampThing!!!