🚨SPOILER🚨 Lets talk about Hush

first off I want to say that I did enjoy the movie but was wondering if anyone else agrees that it would have been better if they had stuck to the original story? I feel that Thomas Elliot really got the short end of the stick

14 Likes

Yeah, all in all I was pretty disappointed. It sacrificed a lot of good story for more of the Cat/Bat romance that is all too present in Batman these days.

5 Likes

Exactly, they missed out on exploring the mind game that made Hush so great

3 Likes

I really really liked this movie. It was very enjoyable and I thought the performances was great and I did not see the twist coming. However, I am a bit bummed that we won’t get a adaptation that has Thomas Elliot as hush because he is one of my favorite villains and I thought his side missions in the Arkham games were amazing and I just wish we could get that version. But like I said, it was a great movie and I’d recommend it

2 Likes

I think I’m gonna be in the minority here when I say the ending didn’t bother me. To be fair I don’t have the connection to the Hush storyline that everyone else. I picked up the issues when they came out but I found the reveal of Hush in the comics to be something of a let down. We found out it was the red herring and then at the end we get an exposition dump with the Riddler. I was also aware this wasn’t a direct adaptation, but something in their continuity of animated movies, so they were going to make changes.

I don’t begrudge anyone for being disappointed or angry with the changes. I acknowledge and respect that Hush is a favorite story to many. Hopefully this won’t become something we see a ton of angry new posts about (a la “Save Swamp Thing” )

3 Likes

Lol I hope not and like I said I enjoyed the film just think they missed out. The amazing thing about Hush when it came out was that it foreshadowed things like Jason returning and gave us a new villain that had old links to Bruce. I think it was good just that they kinda cheated to make it more accessible to those that don’t read the comics.

2 Likes

@TheLastGL, completely understandable.

@TheLastGL

There’s a reason why they didn’t follow the comics. They already did Under the Red Hood animated movie. Why bring up Jason in this movie when Batman knows already. This follows their DCAU continuity and not the comics.

1 Like

But is the under the red hood in this present continuity? I’ve always understood that with JL War we had moved into a new DCAU continuity in the same way that the new 52 did in the comics and that aside it doesn’t mean that couldn’t have shown Thomas Elliot the respect he deserved. Once again, I enjoyed the movie, just think it could’ve been so much more. But that also is the problem with adapting such a famous storyline, it’d be like adapting No Mans Land, the background that the reader needs going in may just be too much to do in an animated movie

3 Likes

I just read the Hush storyline for the first time to prepare for the movie. I thought it was a well executed adaptation. I don’t see any pro or con to using Bane instead of Killer Croc. The reveal at the end did bum me out, being so different from the comic, but I expected it to be different.

Can we agree that his scar not only would have gone away post Lazarus pit but was also pretty impractical? Lol

5 Likes

Lol I hadn’t even thought about that but you are 100% correct, the scar should be gone

6 Likes

Interesting point about the scar! I took it as an aesthetic short hand for the reveal, but you make a good point

3 Likes

I just watched the movie and enjoyed it very much. I didn’t mind the story change at the end. I will probably watch again, two thumbs up!

1 Like

I liked that this adaptations Showed a Bruce and Selina romance.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the movie. But was little confused by the Riddler being Hush. Other then that it was alright for what it was.

3 Likes

Easily in the top five of DC’s Animated movies.

Wish that they had stayed closer to the original content.

5 Likes

Wish that they had stayed closer to the original content.

I thought it was the best of the JL: War continuity Batman movies (though that’s not saying much, because I disliked the others quite a bit, each one for a different reason), but I found it to be a bit of a letdown because it shouldn’t have been a DCAMU movie to begin with, it should have been a standalone or something.

However, the thing about the actual Hush story, it kind of needs to be followed up by Identity Crisis, Under the Red Hood and Infinite Crisis to truly work, because Jason’s involvement didn’t become clear until in UtRH, Bruce’s paranoia would then grow even more during Identity Crisis and would then culminate in Infinite Crisis where Bruce’s OMAC project that he created to police the world goes wrong.

I feel like they should have left Jason’s part in and they should have kept Tommy Elliot’s role intact. Sure, expand Riddler’s role by all means, but don’t make Riddler the brawn and have him get into a fist-fight with Batman, that’s just stupid. Also, I preferred it when it was Bruce who dumped Catwoman because he realized she couldn’t be trusted. That no one could be trusted.

3 Likes

I’m glad it wasn’t just a copy of the comic. I just sat back and was calling the shots: Ivy is controlling them, she’s getting Supes next, Elliot is Hush errrrrr… what!?! This really has me looking forward to the next “who dunnit” now that I won’t know who done it. Way to keep us on our toes DC!
P.S. That scar would have totally healed in the pit.

1 Like