Spoiler Free Opinions on The Suicide Squad

Always entertained, never bored, rarely disappointed. It felt like a true Ostrander adaptation. This movie gets what the Squad is all about.

I would say this is my favorite of the “DCEU” era films.

9 Likes

The best DCEU film outside of the first Wonder Woman

You will feel for Ratcatcher 2 and Polka Dot Man

You will admire Rick Flag and ultimately Bloodsport.

Harley Quinn has some incredible scenes, getting closer to the real Harley, but not quite.

King Shark is a simple but extremely violent character. He plays his part.

Peacekeeper is a despicable character. I would rather see Ratcather 2 on HBO Max. I can’t see him carrying a series.

The special effects of Starro didn’t come off as particularly real.

A wonderful film.

9 Likes

Overall, I thought the movie was good, I would give it 4/5.
As with the 1st movie, Harley was easily the best character. I think Margot Robbie does an excellent job with the character.
I personally loved the Peacemaker character. I have always been so so on Peacemaker, but I think John Cena did a very good job. I would like to see a spinoff series.

5 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to watch the movie yet but I’m so excited, we’re going to watch it this weekend!

8 Likes

agreed, little things like how it payed attention to more of the squad support team than just waller reminded me of that,

3 Likes

oh I don’t know, I could watch a series of peacemaker get beat up a lot, and petty machinations of task force x support team against her

3 Likes

I agree - Waller’s office staff were a great idea

6 Likes

It was good. Hardcore R rating. But it was good.

7 Likes

I thought it was really good, but it did remind me of The Expendables (the first one). Similar plots just with a super hero twist.

3 Likes

I had a lot of fun with this movie. I hope it does well. I always enjoy seeing Harley and Amanda Waller. I also had fun getting to know the new cast of characters; as I was not very familiar with many of the rest of them. Though, I did know King Shark from the animated Harley Quinn show.

The comedy is on point and I did laugh out loud a few times. I enjoy that DC can do dark comedies.

I liked it better than the first one, myself. Though, I did enjoy that one too. I hope they keep making more live action Suicide Squad movies. They’re really fun rides.

5 Likes

Margot Robbie is perfect as Harley Quinn. Loved her in every movie I saw her in. I also really like the casting of Viola Davis as Amanda Waller. I’m glad they both came back for this movie. They were my two favorite from the first film.

6 Likes

Easily the most entertaining superhero movie in a very long time for me. James Gunn understands Ostrander’s Squad and nails it. I will watch multiple times.

7 Likes

100% agreement on Ratcatcher, Polka Dot Man, Bloodsport and Flagg

3 Likes

This movie rocks. I laughed all throughout it. I think this is Idris Elba’s best movie, for me personally. It definitely is on my top 5 list of DC Universe movies.

6 Likes

Great movie! I’m glad James Gunn embraced the ridiculous! Starro the conqueror! Most fun DC movie by far!

5 Likes

Thought the movie was awesome. Margot Robbie as Harley is perfect casting. Ratcatcher 2 and Polka Dot Man were some of my favorite characters.

The movie was crazy but in a good way. I didn’t go in to the theatre expecting anything else.

5 Likes

1 Like

This is my 2nd fav DC Universe movie. Zach Snyder’s Justice League movie is number one.

3 Likes

Note to self:
Whenever DC advertises their characters with a bus it’ll probably be excellent

7 Likes

Like this?

2 Likes