šŸšØSPOILER ALERTšŸšØ Young Justice: Outsiders Ep. 22 Discussion Thread

Love they way this episode dosent have a whole lot of action scences but it still feel very intense!

10 Likes

Another awesome episode.

I enjoyed seeing a lot of Batman in this as a Batfan. The classic scenario of Batman doing what ever it takes for the mission it always enjoy. It shows one of Bat strengths also being a flaw that always ends in anger from someone.

Helga I knew was bad as being known as a bad guy (most knowledge from Black Lightning TV). But her plans were insane. Just threw halo out like nothing and mind control her ā€œkidsā€. Enjoy those mad scientist plans.

And Darksied and Savage. Canā€™t wait to see how it plays out. I want a Savage v Darksied brawl but it will most likely be the enemy of my enemy situation with the league. Still give a chance at that brawl though.

All this and more I canā€™t wait for it.

4 Likes

I watched this episode then immediately watched Batman:Hush. (Donā€™t worry, no spoilers or anything) I just dont know if the Bruce Wayne character model used in Young Justice and the New 52 movies is the same. He looks very similar, and I assume itā€™s because they have some of the same animators. Other characters dont have this though: Superman and Wonder Woman both look notably different for example. Itā€™s just kind of a thing I guess. I have no problem with an animator drawing the same character in the same style for 2 separate iterations, I just think itā€™s kind if funny I guess. I donā€™t know, maybe Iā€™m wrong. Thoughts?

3 Likes

I loved this episode because Black Lightning went da f@ck off as he should have because he wanted NO Parts of Batman Incorporated :joy:

6 Likes

What actually is the Anti Life Iā€™m having a hard time understanding what it is

2 Likes

The anti life equation as I understand it is the secret of life, free will, and to know it is to control it. Abstract wording for it, but if thought upon it makes poetic sense, free will is what allows us to make ā€œstupidā€ choices that end up in our deaths, as opposed to say a society of robots constantly just expanding and never taking risks. I suppose it would allow someone with full grasp to control the very life of stars, the paths of every rock in space, basically control of everything since free will osnt just for sentient beings.

7 Likes

This was an amazing episode! This is exactly what Young Justice does so well. It asks questions that cannot be answered. We can reason that Batman did what he did for the greater good. Setting up Lex and manipulating the Outsiders, these are all seeds that were sowed in the first episode: Heroes or Vigilantes. It is very easy to side with Batman knowing that he and his team are fighting the good fight. However, we have seen in season 2 that this always has consequences. What everyone must be most mad about is that Dick and Kaldur seemed to have taken the wrong lesson from their season 2 mishap - ā€œWe screwed up last time so letā€™s just involve the Martian/telepath this timeā€

Iā€™m a little sad that they did not spend more time on the fallout of this betrayal. No matter the intent, Batman and his team breached everyoneā€™s faith and trust and this is going to be a huge blow. I absolutely agree with Jefferson. One wouldnā€™t even know whom to trust.

This has not been explained yet and I could be completely wrong but I feel that Dick did not recover as quickly as Jeff did because he was carrying some sort of guilt with whatever he has been up to.

All in all it was a solid episode that hammers home the point that if everyone has their own agenda, then whom can we turn to? Lines are all blurred all the same.

And to be clear, I do not know which side was right either which is why I say Young Justice does a superb job of asking questions that are not easy to answer

6 Likes

Oh and I did not trust Jace but I had no idea she was this kind of crazy. Thinking back she did call Brion ā€œmy childā€ when she made him meta-active at Bedlam. Also in my previous post when I asked the question ā€œWhom can we turn to?ā€ I feel that is personified by Tara and her actions/decision

6 Likes

TBH Iā€™m not quite sure how I feel about this. In a way I kinda like the way they tied Batman Inc. & The Judas Contract arcs together here, and while Iā€™m glad we donā€™t have the creepy Slade/Terra pedo-show, I think we couldā€™ve used some more establishment earlier of the Stockholm Syndrome. Her parents passed away not too long ago so I think there should have been a lot more to establish the kind of hold Slade has on her to justify her betraying her own brother, or a techno macguffin to explain it better than the minimal time allotted to that prior to this episode.

5 Likes

Season 3 is turning out to be just ehhhh.

Doesnā€™t match Season 1 & 2 with Story telling ability or animation for that matter. Something is off in the story tellingā€¦something which makes the show less fun.
The writing much like the animation while still decentā€¦is a tad moreā€¦I donā€™t knowā€¦bland? Last two episodes I have mostly been skipping through the episode and stopping only when it looks possibly interesting. Honestly, right now only TITANS is keeping me subscribed to DC Universe.

9 Likes

I admit this season is vastly different from the previous 2 seasons but I still enjoy the show very much. There are some elements that seemed forced like Black Lightning discovery of Batman orchestrating covert operations and the Outsiders very public stance on social media. The inclusion of Karen Beecher(Bumblebee) and Mal story of using genetics as a way to enhance their baby. It almost feels like a plot device. Itā€™s been awhile since I last saw them in a episode. Some of the characters donā€™t seem to be relevant or integral contributors to the overall story. With all that being said I think the last few episodes are going to play out very bad for the Heroes. Ultimately the fallout from the betrayals is what going to hurt the Outsiders, The Team and the Justice League the most.

2 Likes

In a weird way, I hope we get a reveal that Granny still has some control over Gar, which means the Outsiders and their trending on social media is all a part of Grannyā€™s plan. It would be one hell of a twist and would certainly explain Garā€™s behavior in the second half of the episode.

Maybe itā€™s just me but it seems the creation of the Outsiders is just as much about Garā€™s ego; Granny controlled him and heā€™s lashing out. I donā€™t doubt heā€™s got noble intentions and wants to genuinely help kids in trouble, but thereā€™s a part of this whole Outsiders thing that feels more like a personal war against Granny. Again, thatā€™s just my opinion. I could end up being very wrong about this.

5 Likes

Am I the only one not looking forward to seeing how the Slade / Tara arc works itself out this run through? I love the Titans, but I really hate this story arc.

3 Likes

I really like how Jace made you uneasy in the first couple of episodes but they kept playing it off for so long you couldnā€™t be sure and then this. Jefferson finding out does seem a tad forced tho. Overall Iā€™m in love with this show so I have a hard time finding faults.

1 Like

This season is definitely different from the other two seasons. Itā€™s actually a little bit less fun. Iā€™m not really enjoying Geoforce, Halo or the bug guy very much. It keeps building to something happening hopefully it actually pays off in the end. I also very much dislike that I have to wait for the next episode. The entire show should be able to be binge watched just like any other series on Netflix.

2 Likes

This season isnā€™t as action packed as last season and itā€™s much slower. The storyline is alright. I just want something to make my jaw, drop. And, I want more Superboy!

2 Likes

I would like to see Kid Flash come back, itā€™s been on my mind this whole season and I know the speed force hasnā€™t been introduced in the series but it be really cool if all the theories Iā€™ve been watching do come to be true, that would shock me the most.

5 Likes

I had my doubts about this season and honestly I was just watching it just to finish it BUT ever since last episode I canā€™t wait for the new episodes

Simply put, I want to see what Darseid is doing. And what about the Furies? Whereā€™s Mr Impossible and Big Barta? Also, Virman Vundabar should be introduced soon!!

1 Like

I want to see more of Spoiler and the new ā€œTeamā€. I realize the season is called the Outsiders but the show is called Young Justice!!

1 Like