🚨SPOILER ALERT🚨 Young Justice: Outsiders Ep. 22 Discussion Thread

@andrew idk but it will probably be explained in the next episode

2 Likes

Death Battle revealed that Darkseid created Avatars to prevent a universe from destroying itself in Thanos vs Darkseid
So it is 100% possible that Gretchen Goode is an avatar created by Granny Goodness to manipulate everyone from behind the scenes
This is Making B to C List Characters getting more spotlight for better reason like Obediah Stane said “TONY STARK WAS ABLE TO BUILD THIS IN A CAVE, WITH A BUNCH OF SCRAPS!” As in the Version Of the Animated TV and Movies Obediah Stane then says as I put it “DC COMICS ARE ABLE TO HAVE BETTER TV AND ANIMATED MOVIES WITH A BUNCH OF C LIST AND D LIST AND B LIST CHARACTERS”.
You guys understand what I am saying?

3 Likes

I agree with JOSH but how would that explain Godfrey?

That was amazing, after a rough couple episodes that really drew me back. I thought the first half of the season was amazing and then the second half wasn’t going as well but then this episode was just fantastic

1 Like

Terra gonna betray the team! Yet again! I just know it!

3 Likes

This was not Jefferson Pierce’s episode…not at all. :pensive:

4 Likes

A particularly painful episode, though one that most of us saw coming.

The revelation of the ‘Anti’Light’ was inevitable, though I’d have liked to see a bit more of the fallout. I could have spent another few scenes dealing with Jefferson and Gar’s feelings of betrayal - especially poor, poor Jefferson. It was fantastic watching Babs call out Bruce on his behavior.

I never trusted Jace - but also never imagined the depths of her insanity. It was kind of satisfying to see Granny torturing her.

Wonderful cameo by Lex Luthor’s version of Infinity Inc. (and Trajectory)! I do have to wonder whether this will play into this season’s conclusion (perhaps as an adversary for The Outsiders) or if this burgeoning team will play more prominently in Season Four.

Heartbreaking to watch Tara (seemingly) turn her back on the heroes - not that I blame her. Many of our heroes haven’t been acting terribly heroically lately. I wonder if that’s all part of The Light’s plan. Keep all of the inspiring heroes off-world (Superman, Wonder Woman), full knowing that Batman will end up giving into his darker impulses eventually without their influence.

Dark turns indeed, and poised to get even darker. With the Anti-Life Equation mere inches from Darkseid’s grasp, how can our heroes possibly survive?

4 Likes

I did like it but I do think that had more to do with how bad most of the season has been.

2 Likes

Poor Jefferson…

1 Like

Im really impressed by this episode. So much for me to ponder now. I wonder if Tara still trust Brione and Halo at least. If anything i feel like her betrayal like the many that have occurred could blow up in her face as well.

3 Likes

Am I the only one worried about Tim and Cassie’s relationship!!! They’re endgame!!!:heart::fist:t3:

3 Likes

F in chat for jeff

2 Likes

F for Jeff.

I think this episode is definitely setting up an internal Light conflict, because a previous episode was setting up Vandal Savage, as pursuing eternal life.

2 Likes

Only big complaint, wish they would’ve spent more time of the fall out of the betrayal. Especially with the OG 7 characters. All we got from Miss M and Supey was a argument we couldn’t even hear, Dick said like 2 words to Jeff (who isn’t OG, but had a sorta budding bromance with Dick in S3), Artemis got a name drop, Kaldur’s time was fine actually, and Wally’s still fucking dead wtf.

Jeff’s realization was sorta forced, but only cuz ofc the whole Batfam is gonna visit Dick. He was getting close to the truth regardless so not a huge deal

Damn, Tara was so close to maybe not betraying them! Tho I think everyone who’s ever seen anything Teen Titans related knows that last min she’s gonna save the day and sacrifice herself.

Lol, Brion being like “can we talk about the fact that Bruce Wayne is Dick’s dad?!!?!!” and Gar steering clear of that shit

But all in all, it’s the first episode in 3B that was really good, felt truly like a yj episode, and 100% cringe free. (Tho maybe it feels very yj because of all the lying lmao)

1 Like

oh and F for Jeff

Wow!! Vandal Savage was duped again by his own team. There’s no one who can do deception like Darkseid.

3 Likes

It was nice to see Barbara call out Gar.

9 Likes

On the Granny/Gretchen split, I’m reminded how in Grant Morrison’s work with the New Gods in Seven Soldiers and Final Crisis, he had members of Apocalyps on Earth in the form of human avatars – Godfrey was a televangelist preaching Anti-Life to the masses, and Darkseid himself was a gangster called Boss Dark Side.

3 Likes

Life - Free Will = Anti-Life

I’m always a fan of Grant Morrison’s formula
loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding × guilt × shame × failure × judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side

5 Likes

Also, looks like we learned Lex’s plan to “co-op” the Outsiders via Infinity Inc and his Everyman Project.

4 Likes