🚨SPOILER ALERT🚨 Young Justice: Outsiders Ep. 18 Discussion Thread

This week, we watched Project Rutabaga live up to its nefarious and unsavory name in Episode 18: “Early Warning”. Have you been watching the latest of Young Justice: Outsiders?

This is a safe space to discuss everything you saw, but it’s a very UNSAFE space if you haven’t seen! Make sure you check out the latest episode before letting us know your thoughts, reactions, theories and conspiracies in the comments below!

4 Likes

Joan was the one who died right?

5 Likes

Was that girl with gills Lorena Marquez (Aquagirl)?

Also wasn’t Harper Row a partner of Batman (Bluebird)?

Speaking of which remember season 1 cameo of Bette Kane? I mean wasn’t she Batwoman’s niece and the first Batgirl? Then she became Flamebird.

I guess they cut her hero life out and Harper will probably end up the same. I mean Batman has too many partners in this series to catch up with. Plus, they all are cast as cameo best friends.

1 Like

who was it that died???

A moment of silence for Joan.

2 Likes

Joan died guys it literally said it in the episode

4 Likes

Continuing the trend of really obscure DC characters: how about that appearance by Bethany Lee, Snapper Carr’s ex-wife as a Happy Harbor cop? Following in her mom’s footsteps, I guess. Makes me wonder if we’ll see the Matthew Tyler version of Hourman eventually …

Anywhom, this was another really solid episode. Violet’s change in personality seemed fitting when you consider the news she got at the beginning of the episode, though I kind of wish we’d seen more of the burgeoning relationship with Harper Row before the kiss. But that’s what life as a teenager is like, I guess, barreling from one emotion to another as you pinball off of world-shattering events.

Another successful mission for the newest of teams, but I kind of feel like The Outsiders are doing a little too well. Makes me worried they’re getting set up for a really hard fall. And Project Rutabega? Ick, though it’s certainly Klarion’s tweak-style, chaos and all.

Poor Jay. I hope somebody visits now that Joan is gone.

Is Zatanna trapped in The Tower of Fate along with Klarion? Not sure I’d want to be there when Daddy gets home…

We really need a Season 4 announcement at SDCC. This show is too good to allow it to falter.

6 Likes

Who’s Joan and the girl with gills could be character named dolphin

2 Likes

Joan Garrick, wife of Golden Age Flash Jay Garrick, seen in the previous episode in the hospital.

And yes, I certainly think that could be Dolphin, or perhaps a Dolphin/Lorena Marquez (Aquagirl) hybrid. Aqua(lad)Man’s reaction was certainly telling…

2 Likes

One word summary: LOL.

Also, I love this show. Klarion is the MVP. And Teekl clearly got the lion’s share of the brains in this duo.

When this show gets random it’s the best.

5 Likes

Snap
“Meow”
“Dang it!”

Hm this felt more like a filler-y episode. Maybe that’s just because they’re being released one-by-one instead of sets of threes, though. It makes it harder to see them as parts of the whole of the season.

9 Likes

I just love the cameos so eventually we’ll see StarGirl, I waiting for “Mas n Miños”

I just love the cameos so eventually we’ll see StarGirl, I waiting for “Mas n Miños”

Super excited that Ed has joined the Outsiders. I don’t know anything about him so I’m wondering what superhero name he would pick…and costume, too. Not gonna look up his hero name…I want to find out in the next episode. Does anyone else think that he wants to be a superhero just because he wants to impress Wendy?

Also, KillerCroc was one of the kidnapped kids, right? And the girl could be Dolphin (from her white hair) or Aquagirl? Might be a new love interest for Kaldur.

Where was kid flash and blue beatle?

2 Likes

@ bridog_81.85801 Attending Joan Garrick’s funeral.

2 Likes

@Bridog

They were at Joan Garrick’s funeral.

1 Like

Yikes! Voice acting and dialogue are getting kind of cringey—the plot isn’t much better. Maybe going to once a week is a good thing.

5 Likes

HALO, NOOOOOOO

5 Likes

Ok so Halo struggling w/ Gender Identity and kissing a girl all within a few episodes AMAZING!!! HALO IS FRICKIN AMAZING (except for the drug part) I LOVE THEM (I’m using they, them pronouns because their struggling w/ their Gender Identity, so I’m not sure to use she/her since they don’t know yet). The only thing is I love Halo and Brion as well, & I don’t really feel like Brion deserves to be cheated on and have his Girlfriend keep a big secret as the fact THAT SHE IS DYING!!! But other than that I REALLY Halo and Harper together. Overall this weeks episode WAS AMAZING. I AM TOTALLY FEELING THE ASTER I AM VERY MUCH WHELMED!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::black_heart::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes