[SPOILER ALERT 🚨] Young Justice: Outsiders Ep. 17 Discussion Thread

This week, we watched The Reach and social media wreak havoc in Episode 17: “First Impression”, and nearly every member of the team gets their moment. Have you been watching the latest of Young Justice: Outsiders? Well, get on board or get out of the way!

This is a safe space to discuss everything you saw, but it’s a very UNSAFE space if you haven’t seen! Make sure you check out the latest episode before letting us know your thoughts, reactions, theories and conspiracies in the comments below!

6 Likes

Good episode love seeing a public young team, looking forward to seeing new story lines.

2 Likes

Loved the episode. Excited to see how granny goodness deals with beast boy and his working for her and publicly fighting on a team

2 Likes

One of the better episodes of season 3. That’s not saying a lot
…but it is one that is a worthy addition to the series.

2 Likes

A bit surprised the team is called “Outsiders” and not “Teen Titans”. I thought Batman’s team were The Outsiders. Love it though!
I can’t wait to see what plan the other team leaders have in place though, with all their Batcave meetings.

7 Likes

7.8 not enough Dick Grayson

2 Likes

Bruh dick Grayson doesn’t need to be in every episode if you haven’t notice he isn’t the only hero in the dc universe

1 Like

Yeah, in those last moments, I really wanted Gar to name the team the Teen Titans, but Outsiders certainly does fit with the theme of the season.

I must admit that I did see the end scene coming. It was all a little too easy, with Kaldur being the only Leaguer at the attack site. I kind of figured the situation was designed by the elders to get Gar’s team into the limelight. They’re not going to be happy when they discover the manipulations of their friends and mentors…

The scenes with Artemis, Halo, Tara and Lian were cute - Tara seems to be having some second thoughts. I hope that’s true, because YJ should be above just another Judas Contract rehash.

11 Likes

Did I forget something that happened during the first half of this season? Where’s Black Lightning at?

6 Likes

We still don’t know about minor character’s backstories like Bart Allen or Cassie Sandsmark. Also, the Bats seem to have a high status for people who barely help, and don’t they usually make things worse with secrets. It just seems like they’re shady and have too much power. Plus, what was with Joan in the hospital. I mean we need more intel on that. Plus, Tim and Cassie’s relationship seems to be over. I mean Tim is so secretive and batlike while Cassie is a good leader who is being held back. Plus, Stephanie Brown was literally made for his personality.

6 Likes

Also, what’s with the Bat Familly having so many appearances when so many other characters deserve spotlights. I mean Bats are not team players and have been untrustworthy throughout the series. That’s why Beast Boy’s team is great since we’ll get to have a fresh team of kids without the league’s (and mostly bat’s) interference. I mean Nightwing and Tim will eventually have to pick a side. Just like what happened with Teen Titans. The league is run by bats and just isn’t right for young metas, and the team is basically controlled by the league. They need space to make their own decisions and actually have a non-secretive, functional team.

1 Like

The old teams’ reactions to “Get on board or get out of way” killed me, lol.

I almost wanted Gar to call them the titans, not the outsiders, but it works better with the show. (Tho I had thought that Dicks team from first half were the outsiders, but they’re done now so whatever) Hyped to see what his team is gonna do. Love their “not titans” tower

Wonder what Dicks been doin this whole time, can’t wait to see him again. (Though some time with the characters that aren’t very developed was appreciated)

Lastly, stop teasing us and just bring Wally back. I saw the stupid Wally doll in the end credits, just bring him back already!

14 Likes

I like Gar’s idea of becoming an Outsider… almost wished Artemis was the one that agreed to be the den mother. She’s hip and seems to be the one that gets along with all of the Outsiders the best. Plus, while she loves Lian I feel like being a step-mother was never really Artemis’s style. Heck, her entire conflict in the second season was over the fact that Wally wanted to retire but she didn’t want to stop living the life. I feel bad for Artemis, I feel like a lot of responsibilities have been pushed on her by her family when she just wants to be a hero because, “there’s always going to be a world to save.”

4 Likes

I think that beast boy having a team was great, but that team should be the titans. Geo-Force, halo, forager, cyborg, Lightning, and terra should be the outsiders. I just think that the outsiders roster is too different from the comic roster. But I know YJ has never failed me before so I’m excited to see what happens

1 Like

Loved all the Scooby-Doo references! The lost glasses and meddling kids, yay!

7 Likes

I think I had the same reaction Superboy did with Gar’s “Get on board or get out of the way” I also rolled my eyes with “It sounds like a revolution!” It’s like whoever wrote that part listened to how focus groups are done and mixed it with social media. Much like Artemis, I guess I’ll have to get used to some of the team being in the spotlight.

4 Likes

For a moment there I thought this would be the introduction of the Titans, with the tower and characters, but I guess it is kind of fitting to officially title a team the Outsiders now that we’re halfway through. Though, it feels like everyone is an outsider at this point, whether from a team or personal point of view. On the other hand, throwing in the Jay and Joan scene broke me :’( my jaw literally dropped when I saw Joan, but it makes sense they’re getting older. Also, did I hear Bart right? They outed Wally after he died? Seems kind of reckless, with the Light knowing where the Allens live, the rest of the future generation, and about Dick, do secret ids not matter anymore? Lastly, it was nice to see a scene from Tara’s past and the dead look in her eye definitely gave me chills, but all it did was remind me of the birthday party scene in Judas Contract…and we all know how that ended

3 Likes

Gar really is shaping up this season, and I like how it connects his career as an actor to finally countering the League’s bad publicity. But damn was Kaldur’s plan a bit cold blooded.

1 Like

So when y’all bring Wally back? Like I’m so over the little teasers, like just bring my boy back!!

5 Likes

Where is DICK

1 Like