:renegade_robins: [Spoiler 13] Stephanie RIP (October 16-31)

Stephanie War Crimes

Hey, fellow Steph Brown enthusiasts! The Renegade Robins Club is . . . is . . .

You know what, DC? We’re sick and tired of you killing off all our favorite Robins! You did this to Jason, you did this to Damian, and here you are doing it to poor Stephanie! What’s the matter with you? What do you have against joy and happiness?!

Calm down . . . calm down. Okay, so World of Bats has previously covered War Games here. Feel free to talk about that storyline, as well as its dreaded follow-up War Crimes:

• Detective Comics #809
  • Batman #643
  • Detective Comics #810
  • Batman #644

Here’s the join the club link. Here’s our schedule: 2022-10-16T05:00:00Z2022-10-31T05:00:00Z

No discussion question this time. Say whatever you want to say about this travesty. I’m going to go lie down. Lousy DC editors killing off my favorite Robins.

Poll Question:

Are you as ticked off as I am?
  • Yes! This whole thing is a $@##%!!!
  • Well, I’m upset, but I’m not quite that mad…
  • The only good Robin is a dead Robin!

0 voters

Happy, Halloween, I guess. (DC pulled a trick rather than a treat on us this month, didn’t they?)
See you next time for more Damian Wayne (at least), @RenegadeRobinsClub!

3 Likes

I have a very, very weird perspective on War Crimes. It was one of the first books I read in trade when I first started reading comics, and the fact that Joker was MAD at Black Mask meant that Steph really was a Robin. In a weird way, it cemented that Steph was Part of the Legend - that she mattered.

That being said, once I fell in love with Leslie, the story is still really bad.

3 Likes

I’m a big champion of Leslie Thompkins, especially the rebooted version of the character introduced by Mike W. Barr after the Crisis, so yeah, I too am not too thrilled that she was “assassinated” alongside Steph in this arc.

3 Likes

Definitely. I’m very glad that they brought her back in the n52/Rebirth, even if they haven’t managed to give her any great stories like in NML.

3 Likes

I’m done with the Death Of stuff en total. #BringBackAlfred

4 Likes

Me too! Bring em back!

3 Likes

:+1:

3 Likes