Special Event: Batman & Robin Watch-A-Long! Wednesday, 12.05.18, 5pm PST/8pm EST

I work 2nd shift, so I won’t get to participate

2 Likes

Ouch, I commiserate with everyone who has to work. I’d normally be sleeping then but I have Wednesday off this week so luckily it worked out for me.

2 Likes

The only thing I ever like about the movie is Mr. Freeze costume, it’s great to see it in a background on DC Daily! :slight_smile:

That will be nice. Come home from work turn on the fire open the laptop watch batman and robin with you fine folks and just “Chill”.

7 Likes

If you miss it can you watch it again

1 Like

Well yeah obviously but the point is the watchalong and just the movie itself

1 Like

And not just about the movie itself

Apar from the comedy and costumes. The acing was horrible. I’ll skip this one.

Arnold is a badass and has such a presence even as a goofball and he does have some little serious moments as well.

Chris O’Donnell and Uma are so underrated in they’re role. Alicia Silverstone is fine for this movie.

George Clooney was meh and the worst Batman but a decent Bruce Wayne. He had some good acting scenes with Alfred though

Bane’s characterization was such a damn shame but at least he looked comic accurate except for the toxic green skin

1 Like

After I saw B&R for the first time (when I thought it a legitimately good movie) I thought Mister Freeze was the best villain of the series. Up there with Nicholson.

There are some things this movie got right. When Freeze wasn’t punning it up, you saw glimpses of what he could have been if he was written to be more dramatic. Maybe he made the puns as a coping mechanism for his condition, but when he talked about Nora you could feel his love for her.

I think all of the action sequences in the movie are great, especially the opening one. I like that Schumacher opened his batmovies with fun, lengthy sequences (although Forever originally started in Arkham). Robin having a Nightwing-esque suit was cool too. Silverstone’s Batgirl looked good, but the characterization was…eh. I get changing her to Alfred’s niece to emphasize the family theme of the movie (and that’s a good theme for the movie, so there’s another plus for it) but she’s always been a member of the Bat family just fine in other media as Gordon’s daughter, so it could have worked fine here too.

B&R gets alot of flack and quite a bit of it is justified. It also had several pluses and I always look forward to watching it when the mood strikes.

3 Likes

I agree with Vroom. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So with u on B&R. I posted it was a guilty pleasure of mine & said I expected no likes for saying I loved it when it came out. To my surprise, I’m not the only one. As I’ve said before & just recently found @duke420 who lives in my area. DC fans are hard to find out here. I’ve got 3 friends I can bounce ideas off & they thought I was crazy for loving B&R. They “are” all fans of all 4 of that series, but they thought me loving B&R was a weird choice. I love em all, but that one has always been a closet favorite of mine. I could never put my finger on it, but Vroom & TX85 just shed some much needed light as to why that might be.

1 Like

Looking forward to this show be a cool time :snowflake:

2 Likes

Awwwwww the one night of the week I can’t attend. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
Have fun, guys!

1 Like

Am I the only one who’s excited for Poison Ivy and Batgirl in this movie?

3 Likes

Ic-e that this seems like it will be an awesome event.
But my fragile little heart has frozen over in sadness.

1 Like

@TX85
I love George Clooney. But him as Batman was sadly quite mediocre.

2 Likes

@Vroom
I agree about Freeze. I love that he is a fairly comical character, but you can definitely see that state of his heart peeping through.

3 Likes

JLWWSM

No, I love Uma & Silverstone in this movie. They are awesome. I listed Uma as Ivy in the Devito penguin thread as 1 of my favorite character portrayals.

2 Likes

Batgirl/Silverstone is alright but as I said before, Uma is very underrated as Poison Ivy and so yeah she’s one of the things I’m looking forward to

2 Likes