Special Event: Batman Returns Watch-Along, Thursday 12.20 @11:30am PT/2:30pm ET!

You read that right- to ring in the season, members of DC Universe will be cozying up with the one, the only, Batman Returns, directed by Tim Burton and starring Michael Keaton, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Danny DeVito! (And who could forget that performance by Christopher Walken…)

This will be held Thursday, December 20th, at 11:30am PST/2:30pm EST. That’s right, it’s a lunchtime viewing!

Requirements and Recommendations for Participation:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to watch Batman Returns.

2. 3, 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the strike of the hour.

2a. A WRINKLE IN TIME – It is to be expected that some of us will be a bit behind or a bit ahead in the movie, depending on how quick on the draw each of us are. Forgive some discrepancy of reaction time, and don’t be afraid to ask if you’re running behind!

1. DUAL-WIELDING - The best way to watch is on your TV or desktop- the best way to comment is on your mobile device. This way you don’t have to click back and forth between multiple screens :slight_smile:

2. CRISP, REFRESHING CHROME EXTENSIONS - If you’re having trouble keeping up with the comments (understandably), there are Chrome extensions out there that automatically refresh the page as often as you program it to. Worth a shot!

We’d love to see you there!

12 Likes

Groovy. I’ll be there with metaphorical jingle bells on.

4 Likes

I’m so excited for this one, Keaton is my bae.

4 Likes

It was the first DC movie I saw in a theater. If memory serves correct, I saw it twice.

3 Likes

:bat::cat::penguin: I can’t wait to watch it with you guys! :grinning:

3 Likes

Noted and will be there as always!

3 Likes

Can’t wait this is probably the most requested right now love it :penguin: :cat:

4 Likes

Yay, so glad to hear folks are as excited as we are!!

4 Likes

OMG yaaas Thursday, I can be there! Penguin army assemble!! :penguin::penguin::penguin:

3 Likes

Ah, man I wish I could make it! I’ll be at work. I’ll definitely be watching this and Mask of the Phantasm as my DC holiday viewing. I hope I can make the next one of these.

3 Likes

@BewaretheGrayGhost, dang it, next time!!
Feel free to chime in with a day of the week and time that would work well for you in the future, I’m interested in hearing everyone’s different availabilities and testing schedules out in these early days :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Want to know what amaze me the most about this movie? :penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin:I can’t tell which Penguins are real or are robots! There was no CGI, that’s what’s so great about Batman Returns. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I always wondered why there are penguins in Gotham’s sewers to begin with.

4 Likes

Batman goes full Tim Burton. Can’t wait to watch with everyone. I can’t decide if '89 or Returns is my favorite TB movie.

3 Likes

Finally, I get to watch my favorite Batman movie with you all :slight_smile: My first watch-a-long so please go easy on me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As Captain Kirk would say, Welcome Aboard Harlys Puddin! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you, @Lincolnfan78!

2 Likes

@iJest, I THINK They escaped the circus…

2 Likes

Ohhh that would explain a lot! They were smart enough to raise a baby at any rate! Now I’m imagining those penguins from the Madagascar movies, but I know those were from a zoo.

2 Likes

Madagascar penguins ain’t raising no baby.

3 Likes