Some constructive feedback

I think this service has a lot of potential, but I’ve run into some issues and have some general feedback.

Technical issues:

1. When I try to access the community on a desktop, I usually get an “Oops! page not found” error

2. When I’m reading a series and try to start the next issue directly from the previous issue on mobile, I often go to a black screen and have to restart the app

General feedback:

1. You’ve had a banner saying the full comics library will be available in October. If true, that’s awesome. But all the responses I’ve seen from moderators when their are questions about the small, seemingly random comic library is a standard CR that you offer 2500 comics and rotate things out to keep things fresh. If the full library isn’t coming, you’d be doing yourself a favor by removing the banner so as not to set false expectations.

2. I’m not a fan of the rotating library for a number of reasons. The line that it’s to keep things fresh also makes little sense. However if that’s the way it’s going to be, please find a way to indicate when a title/series will be leaving. It’s very frustrating to be in the middle of a series and have it disappear. I know there are occasional announcements, but the expiration date should be there when you click into the series, users shouldn’t have to search for it.

3. Classics are great, but it would be nice to see newer content. I’ve been away from DC for awhile and want to know what’s currently good.

Thanks!

7 Likes

And you cannot see the whole post on the app. It runs off the page.

1 Like

All very good feedback comments. My constructive feedback is to listen to the multiple weeks of comments on here and revamp the whole comics plan. No 2500 limit. No rotations. Build the library to be competing with marvel. Charge a fair access for the comics that will be profitable to DC but also satisfy the fans. Maybe even consider newer stuff up to a year-old? These changes with the existing streaming would take do universe miles ahead of all other competition for an online comics related service with streaming.

7 Likes

Some brilliant suggestions here and I am sorry you are experiencing some issues @ThrakBalzak. Can you reach out to the Customer Service team and they will do everything they can to assist you! You can get them here: Submit a request – DC Universe Help Center

2 Likes

I agree that they need to communicate better. I knew going in the comics would be rotated. They are just rotated ridiculously fast. They also meed to say something about what the upcoming digital library is. I assumed they meant oct 2018, maybe it is oct 2019.

6 Likes

I agree. I don’t live the idea of rotating library, but I suppose I can live with it in the short-term. However, things are rotating in and out so fast that I can’t keep up. I gave up on Death of Superman and New Titans because I knew I would run out of time. At least PLEASE leave a comic in the library for 2 months. I would of course prefer a longer period. But at a bare minimum, I need 2 months to read and re-read something. I want to enjoy and love it, not sprint through it.

7 Likes

I agree completely. Removing comic book content is a step in the wrong direction. It makes trying to keep up stressful. Customers won’t keep paying for a service if they’re repeatedly left unable to read what they were reading a month ago. DC isn’t losing the rights to keep it’s comics online. Please don’t remove comics! Thanks.

5 Likes

Deadass! If the comics are still rotating a month from now I’m cancelling. The best thing about Marvel Unlimited is the fact that i can not only have a ridiculous stockpile in my library, but be able to mark the books as read.

5 Likes

@thrak - I had the same issue that you are having for #1. When I contacted the help desk they actually helped me resolve it. Since I had the most current chrome browser, I just had to log out, clear my browser and then log back in. I sent in a request to the help desk for something similar to what you are experiencing for the second issue. We’ve had a little back and forth about that issue, but it isn’t resolved yet.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies, everyone! Logging out and logging back in fixed the community issue on desktop. Reached out the support to see about fixing the other issue. We’ll see how that goes.

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your exceptional feedback. I have passed this on to the proper department. If you have any issues please feel free to email us for further assistance. https://support.dcuniverse.com/hc/en-us/requests/new