Solomon Grundy Comic Recomandations?

I love his character but I don’t know alot of great story’s with him in it, thanks.

2 Likes

I love him too, but sadly I don’t know very many good ones.

2 Likes

Ive only seen him pop up for a couple of panels in very few books i think. And unfortunately I cant remember which books.

1 Like

He shows up a few times in JSA, and he’s in the opening arc of the 2006 Justice League of America. He also appears in Starman as a kinder variation of the character.

3 Likes
  1. First Appearance (Reprint)

2. All-Star Comics #33

3. DC Comics Presents #8

4. Shadow of the Bat #39

3 Likes

Neither of them are on DC Universe, but you might be interested to know that Solomon Grundy starred in his own limited series and one-shot in 2009. I’ve never read either of them, so I don’t know what they’re about and I can’t speak to their quality. But there you go.

4 Likes

One of my favorite Grundy stories happens to be The Long Halloween. Give it a shot!

3 Likes

Grundy plays a role in James Robinson’s Starman run

1 Like

@Beetleborg66 There is a very good 7 issue mini series (as mentioned by @wilkinswontkins above) by Scott Kolins that started in May of '09. It is an origin story plus. AFAIK it is only available in the individual issue form, never digitized or collected. You can still find them on ebay occasionally. Worth buying, imho.

3 Likes

There was a collection for that series and the one-shot:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=19811501

3 Likes

Personally, I quite liked Green Lantern: Brightest Day, Blackest Night starring the Golden Age Green Lantern

6 Likes

OH MY GOD!!! I was literally about to post this one haha. I think you’re the first person I’ve seen, outside of myself, talk about this comic on the forums. That’s a double recommend from me haha.

1 Like

I also recommend the 2009 Solomon Grundy mini, as well as Earth 2 (2012) #15.2, which explores the origin of the New 52 Grundy.

1 Like

I have a soft spot for Infinity, Inc. #3, which was my earliest exposure to Solomon Grundy (aside from "Challenge of the Super Friends). The cover by Jerry Ordway is fantastic and it even contains the Solomon Grundy nursery rhyme.

2 Likes

Superman/Batman #66-67 (2010) features Solomon Grundy as a Black Lantern (as part of the Blackest Night event). It also features Bizarro, Man-Bat, Frankenstein, and The Bride. I dont know a lot of SG-centric stories to compare it to, but it’s pretty neat, and it’s available here on DC Universe.

1 Like