Social Distancing (COVID-19) Watch/Read List and Support Group

Thanks!

2 Likes

8 Likes

Nice, lol! I have a 3000 piece LEGO set I’m working on!

1 Like

I decided to do batgirl tonight :eyes::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Nice, I’m Binging batgirl New 52 tonight!

2 Likes

OMG, these are soooooooo cute I’m crying! :sob:
You guys make me wish I had a LEGO set to put together.

This is what I’m doing right now. I call it “studying” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Is that the batmanga??

1 Like

Can you read that?! :rofl:

1 Like

It’s a Batman manga, but not the one from the 60s. It’s the recent Batman and the Justice League one.

2 Likes

I can! I lived and worked in Japan for 2 years and have several certifications in the Japanese language.

You should see the Japanese music notation I use to play the shakuhachi. Now THAT was a challenge to learn.

2 Likes

Shakuhachi?

1 Like

Has it been translated? I’m still a beginner at Japanese.

2 Likes

Just got the news today my college is moving to online. They were holding out but they had to do it.

The bright side I can binge my rebirth catch up.currently reading the Trinity rebirth.

Also beating some games. Mostly Witcher 3. Such a long game now I’ll have some time to finally beat.

3 Likes

@AnonymousHQ It’s a Japanese bamboo flute that I studies while in Japan. Let me tell you something interesting thing about the shakuhachi that ties into DC! So the history of the shakuhachi is tied to a group of wandering Buddhist monks called komusō who used to walk around Japan playing the shakuhachi in search of enlightenment. How does this tie in with DC? Well, one of the most recognizable aspects of these monks was the baskets they wore over their head called tengu. Their philosophy was based on Zen and so the idea of nothingness and removing the self was very important. WELL, in the Batman Ninja film, Red Hood looks EXACTLY like a komusō with a basket over his head and the ends of his guns look eerily similar to the bell of a shakuhachi. Check out these pictures. See a similarity?

komuso

@Soreita it has! Though I think only the first 3 volumes have been translated so far. The 4th and final one hasn’t been translated yet. You should add them to your list for this time!! There are also other manga that have been translated. If you’re interested, check out my topic: Batman and Japan

@NYJt3 I feel your pain! Hopefully it doesn’t create severe inconveniences for you. I’ve heard of schools kicking students out of dorms and the kids having nowhere to go.
Enjoy Rebirth!!

4 Likes

Wow! That’s super interesting! I had no idea!

1 Like

Bookmarked! A nearby college also switched classes to online only, telling the students to go home. They go to the city’s notorious party street instead :joy:

2 Likes

It should be good. They’re giving time for people who are still there to leave and people like me who left for spring break already are working with them to get the rest of our stuff left over there.
Also giving plenty of notice and help with the online transition.

2 Likes

Oh, I said Beware the Batman, but I was actually thinking of The Batman when comparing Bruce in the telltale game. My bad… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It was a reread for me. I like it. I love 4th world anything tho. Also, I put in a request for Armageddon tie-ins a little while back. So, fingers crossed.

3 Likes

No worries, although, I do have to ask if Beware the Batman is any good.