So Jon Kent from this new article is going to be aged up to an older teenager

And possibly a villain…

Again Bendis stop ruining Supermans legacy, marriage, family, and go back to the dumpster fire that is Marvel.

The only thing I’m reading from DC anymore is Sideways which is getting canceled, Super Sons which is a limited 12 issue series which I can see why now, and rebirth Red Hood & The Outlaws.

The state of Superman comics is just sad now.

4 Likes

He’s also shown to an small extant in the house ads for Superman #7. I don’t mind him being a bit older, I’m just happy he’s around in some form.

1 Like

Having Jon around in “some form” is not good if that “form” is completely out of character. I wonder how Dan Jurgens feels about the bastardization of his creation?

4 Likes

He might be aged up, but I sincerely doubt he’ll actually be a villain.

1 Like

Personally, I enjoyed his work in Marvel, but I’m not enjoying his Superman run.

5 Likes

How about you let the story play out before you start your crying.

2 Likes

Super Sons was a great book I could read and give to my son. I want something that we can share. I’ve liked Jon and love Superboy. I hope the villain part isn’t right. I’m not keen on him being a teen either but I’m ok with it. I’d be happy to see Connor back as well with a new name. Reflecto anyone?

5 Likes

DJ 11 issues isn’t enough to gauge a writers quality on the story they are making?

The story Bendis is writing has been abysmal up to this point why would I be interested to see how more of it unfolds?

4 Likes

Actually 16 issues if we count everything he has written for Superman since he joined DC.

@DJ: I gave Bendis’s Superman several issues and for me personally the books just wasn’t cutting it so I dropped it so because of that alone I’ll not be giving this story a chance. I don’t believe in spending money on something that has already disappointed me and especially not when there are loads of other books out there that I would much rather read. That’s just my own personal opinion.

Now having said all that I’m not adverse to an older Jon on principal and if he should crop up in other books I’ll be more than happy to give the character a chance but I do take issue with the way this has come about. Bendis says that the aging up of Jon will affect Superman by making it so that he missed out on his own son’s growing up but I really also believe that it will likewise effect fans of the character. I just hope this doesn’t ruin the character in the end and that we end up with another Chris Kent situation.

4 Likes

I’m holding out hope that this is a red kryptonite induced dream and when Supes wakes up he and the family are back on the farm in Hamilton County.

2 Likes

My biggest problem is that I’m increasingly worried that Adventures of the Super Sons is the last time Damian and Jon are gonna be allowed to just be friends and hang out, what with Jon ageing up for dumb reasons (again, we had a Chris Kent and you guys made him evil. We don’t need another.) and Tim going back to being Robin in Young Justice.

3 Likes