So I Counted Up EVERY SINGLE Death in the AMAZING Injustice Storyline

So I just want to start off by saying that there will be spoilers for the video game movies for injustice and injustice 2 as well as the tie in comic series. Such as why I will intentionally space out this text from the deaths. These include every visibly named character death and characters that aren’t named in the series but I know off account (or characters I felt like mentioning). I also want to mention that in no way shape or form do I just post this without recommending the series. The idea for the injustice storyline, where superman loses his way and becomes a psychotic murdering dictator clouded by judgement, makes for an absolutely phenomenal story, and makes it far better than any mainstream comic. I will go into my reasoning as to why it is better in the future but I wish to finish this statement. INJUSTICE. IS. SPECTACULAR. Everything about it is perfect, it’s got all your favorite characters with no limits as to what they can do and what may happen to them. Any way if you haven’t read or kept up with the injustice story get to reading, it is my all time favorite comic story of all time. The DC Universe has all the issues and annuals of the series as well as the injustice ground zero from Harley Quinn’s perspective and the injustice vs masters of the universe. But if you have any questions about where to start, leave a comment. I know quite a lot and I promise I can help! But seriously if you haven’t read it, read it yourself, it makes the whole thing much more enjoyable and much more fun, you’ll care more for the story and the characters I promise!

But before we start I want to say… I put so much work into bringing this to you guys. I reread the books, watched the movies, and typed this all up and did plenty of research. So if you could please like this that would be greatly appreciated thank you!!

Anyway, here is what you have been waiting for: spoilers ahead :wink:

These are all in chronological order, NOT order of release.

Can someone get a tally for me? One for every named character and one for everything including metropolis.

I would do it but I already did the hard part here, I typed everything out. So grab your calculators DC community this is going to be fun!

Order of deaths in injustice

Calliope- Shot through the heart by steve trevor
Steve Trevor- Suffocated by the lasso of truth at the hands of wonder woman

Zor-el (supergirl’s father)- impaled from behind by one of brainiac’s psychobots

(we learn this in the injustice 2 game) supergirl’s mom (Alura) and entire planet dies (Krypton)
{ Includes Superman’s biological father, Jor-el and his biological mother Lara }

I don’t know how old sinestro or his daughter are, but somewhere, at the least, 24 years before the events of year 1, Arin sur took her life
(not sure exactly where this goes but we will place it here for now)

Animal Man reveals about 3-5 years before the events of year one, he witnessed the death of the last living West African Rhino
Animal man kills about 5 hunters for the extinction of the rhino.

Beginning of the injustice 1 comics.

Jimmy olsen shot by joker

Scarecrow killed by jokers gas

(although he later appear in what I believe was issue #15 of year 5 as well as appearing in the injustice 2 video game)

Lois and the child- superman flew them into space after he was tricked by joker

{ now these next few are in a strange order, I don’t know where each of these people were in metropolis or how fast this explosion traveled but here are the deaths
(everyone that was currently in metropolis) (confirmed over 4 million deaths)
Bart allen (kid flash)- killed in metropolis explosion
Steel ( Dr. John Henry Irons)- killed in a collapsing building during the metropolis explosion
Beast boy- killed in metropolis explosion
(The speedster that saved lex) -killed in metropolis explosion }

Joker- fist through the chest by superman

Superman crippled that kid galaxor (not dead but equally brutal and horrible; I felt I had to include it)

Nightwing- robin hits him in the head and he falls and breaks his neck
Hundreds of thousands of people were killed by parademons
Kalibak- beat to death by superman

(Some time in the events of year one wonder woman murders a facist ruler by strangling him then breaking his neck. So I’m just going to but it here)

Superman kills millions to billions of parademons
Martian manhunter- superman heat blasted him after he tried to kill wonder woman
Captain atom- wonder woman cuts his throat and he explodes
Green arrow- beat to death by supes
(can i throw in the fact supes killed like 400 bats while fighting batman?)

End of year one….

Kyle rayner- by sinestro (limbs torn apart)
Ch’p -by sinestro (shot through the brain)
Despero- by sinestro (neck broken)
Arkillo- blasted by mogo
Jim gordon- withered away by a rapid cancer
Black canary- shot through the abdomen with supes laser vision (spoiler: she isn’t really dead)
John stewart- sinestro (stabbed through the chest)
Guy gardner- killed by hal jordan after thinking guy killed john
Mogo- crashed into sun by superman
Ganthet- crashed into sun by superman
(By this point hundreds to thousands of green lanterns and sinestro corps members are dead)

(here at some point of year two it was revealed that the crippled kid galaxor, who stood up to supes in australia in year one, committed suicide at some point in year two.)

End of year 2….

(so these two’s deaths were released after the full year three story but put in the annual issue #3 saying it took place before the events of year three so i’m assuming right here somewhere before Constantine’s daughter loses her parents as he doesn’t seem like his responsibility is that high, say if he had a child to look after. Although at the end he does mention how he is a “family man now” so i’m a little confused as to where that stands, but for now this is where it stays.

Anyway its
Richard occult- ravens hellfire
Rose psychic- died from being away from her other half richard occult

(Aka the two being dr occult)

Somewhere between the lantern corps battle in year two and the very beginning of year three rose constantine’s parents were killed when an alien crashed through their home

Jason blood- killed by spectre
Harvey bullock- killed by spectre
Ragman- killed by spectre
Rory regan- killed by spectre
deadman/boston brand- killed by spectre
Phantom stranger- killed by spectre
Klarion the witch boy- killed by sinestro
Detective Chimp- hit by spectre blast in the beginning of year three with harvey bullock and jason blood but survived and later suffered from that injury and died
Huntress- neck broken by wonderwoman
Swamp thing- burned in hellfire (although he later appears in the injustice 2 game, and the injustice vs the masters of the universe 6 issue storyline)
Dr Fate, Trigon, and Mxyzptlk vanish to the “void” so not technically dead but by contstantine’s words thats the closest those types of magical beings can get to it
(although somehow or another dr fate appears back in injustice 2)

Side note: did anyone else catch the misspelling of Mxyzptlk on page 13 issue #24 of year three they switched the t and the l in the spelling after two pages before they spelt it right, but anyway.

End of year 3…

Renee Montoya- heart failure from an overdose (although the blame is on superman)
Hercules- killed by superman
DeSaad- blasted by Darkseid’s omega blast
Artemis- killed by Hera’s eye blast whilst saving Hippolyta

End of year 4… ( i know not too many deaths this time. )

Kilowog- killed by sinestro’s blast in the annual issue #4 so after the events of year 4 but before the events of year 5

Parasite- it appears he was flown into the sun by superman
{ Several league of assassin members- killed by damian (he hasn’t quite picked his identity yet)
1 neck broken
2 driven through the heart with katannas
1 killed by shurikens through the eyes and forehead
About 4 beat to death
(all of the bodies are on the ground bleeding but I really don’t know how they all died or how many but i counted 8 bodies which is what my add up would be so sounds about right) }

“I’m not sure who died first here, but it looks like they died at the same time so…)
Mick Rory (aka heatwave) and weather wizard- killed by Bizarro’s heat vision

{ Superman kills an entire group of Joker protesters calling themselves the joker underground, it is later said in year 5 that 250 were reported dead }
Bizarro destroys an entire burger joint full of people, killing everyone inside with his heat vision.

Trickster- Bizarro accidentally drops him from the sky after sneezing, and he falls to his death
Bizarro- killed by Doomsday by a crushed head
Alfred Pennyworth- stabbed to death by Victor Zsasz
King Shark- while trying to save Iris, Flash throws a broom into his mouth and it impales him
Hawkman- beat to death by superman

Victor Zsasz- stabbed repeatedly by nightwing, aka damian wayne

(for anyone wondering why he is killed by damian again in arkham in the injustice 2 game, its just like a flashback or sort, superman’s suit is different, problem is, they killed him off in arkham this time with damian in a robin costume so don’t ask questions its right, just a little off.)

Metamorpho- shot twice in the back of the head by deathstroke

Batwoman- killed in either the transporter field or superman’s heat vision im not sure which killed her first (actually i’m not sure what happened to her, she appear in year 5 annual which takes place in the correct order after issue #40 of year 5, sooooo.)
{ update: the injustice fandom does confirm her death. And I will go with this, as she doesn’t appear in the future other than flashbacks or the annual. }

End of Injustice: Gods Among Us tie in comic series!

For anyone wondering why the ground zero won’t be on here its because its the same as the injustice video game “movie” but told from Harley Quinn’s perspective, well actually its the full story from injustice year one to the very end of injustice 1.

Lex Luthor- after trying to kill superman (and he would’ve succeeded) Shazam lightning blasts him in the back, and then superman breaks his mecha suit and chokes him to death

Shazam- he begins to stand up to superman and then superman grabs a hold of him. Shazam begins to say the word to transform him into a kid again, when supes freezes his mouth shut and blasts his heat vision through his head and melts his brain.
Billy Batson- his alias being shazam, although he isn’t killed his mind is shared with shazzy (thanks harley), and therefore he will be eternally trapped in a void with no way out, if he didn’t die at that exact moment. So, as he will never be seen again, I will count him here.

End of Injustice 1!!

Now before I get into Injustice 2, the continuity becomes very, very screwed up. So just bear with me here.

Codename Gary- this is revealed that before the events of injustice 2 harley had a group and gary died in some way (it isn’t revealed, I mean it might be in ground zero but im not covering that)
{ I don’t know who died first it’s too hard to tell and I can’t tell the difference between the five }

Codename Terry- shot in the back of the head by deadshot
Codename Larry- shot in the back of the head by deadshot
Codename Barry- shot in the back of the head by deadshot
Codename Jerry- shot in the back of the head by deadshot
Codename Perry- shot in the back of the head by deadshot

Injustice 2 comic tie-in

{ there isn’t a definite first death between these two but. }
Amanda Waller- shot through brain by alternate batman
Rick Flag- shot through brain by alternate batman

Clock King- head blown up by batman copycat
Magpie- head blown off by batman copycat
Killer Moth- head blown off by batman copycat
Polka Dot Man- head blown off by batman copycat

(calendar man was supposed to die but the bomb didn’t go off, he was left behind and never showed up again, ra’s’s device shows him as dead in the end of injustice 2 comic series.)

Warden Turpin- killed by damian’s sister

Owner of Axxon industries- fed to killer croc and orca by ra’s
Owner of Odema industries- fed to killer croc and orca by ra’s
(those were the confirmed as well as what appears to be 7-8 more industry owners killed the same way)
Ted kord- fed to killer croc and orca by ra’s
Bialya Military General- electrocuted by black adam

Thylacine/Tasmanian Tiger (female but pregnant)- you know normally this wouldn’t be big but this is the last of their species and she was pregnant, now the species is extinct {death}- species wiped out by blue beetle (jaime reyes) after he shadowed the glass above and dug into her neck thus killing her

El Diablo- After being blasted by blue beetle, he explodes as he was not able to contain himself and blew up

I would like to mention several different species became extinct during this explosion

The president (Boon)- Killed by aqualad with a tidal wave
The vice president- Killed by aqualad with a tidal wave
President elect(Dalkin)- Killed by aqualad with a tidal wave
Vice president elect- Killed by aqualad with a tidal wave
The entire US government (to our knowledge)- Killed by aqualad with a tidal wave

Guy cooking BBQ- squashed by an oncoming amazo
The entire HUMAN population of Williams, Arizona (3023)- laser blasted by amazo
(the final 3 survivors are the owners of a cat that becomes Dex-Starr)

Tim Drake (Red Robin)- shot through the heart by General Zod
General Zod- head torn off by Amazo

Several hundred of gorillas are killed
Amazo kills over 23000 people in Delhi

Professor Ivo- Shot in the back of the head by Athanasia, after having nothing to live fro when he learned his family was dead (so I guess count them up as well…)

Amazo- completely destroyed by supergirl
Animal Man- shot through the skull by well I’m not sure who, it could be Athanasia, but it was a very precise shot so I’m considering deadshot an option. Although we will go with athanasia because I don’t remember deadshot still being in gorilla city at the time.

Ace the bat-dog- shot by athanasia (yes you read that right, she shot a puppy. I have read this series 3 times and I still tear up at this part.)

Tomar-Re- throat slit by Dex-Starr
Haggor- blasted through the skull by Jimwick

B’dg- blasted by a mind controlled Sayd
Vandor- blasted by a mind controlled Sayd

An unnamed lantern of sector 839 is killed
But there has never been a sector 839 named lantern so

Also off the page and unnamed but with research we learn that the deceased lantern of sector 3521 is either Garmin Vid or Torquemada

Green Lantern of sector 995- killed by Atrocitus

Sinestro- stabbed in the heart by his daughter under mind control

Veon- punched through the brain by a brainiac bot

By this point in time, hundreds of green lanterns have died and even more than that are under the control of starro

I want to throw in that Superboy and Wonder Girl are saved by the legion of superheroes (they are from the future) and these 2 are never seen again. Apparently they were needed.

Booster Gold (and ted kord again? I’m confused, time travel stuff.)- died in the scarab explosion while suffocating in space
Starro- I believe he died here in the Scarab explosion

Tolifhar- impaled with a spear by grodd
Manbat- head blown off by grodd
Solovar- Shot through the brain by deadshot; it was an ordered shot from grodd
Ra’s Al Ghul- head crushed by Grodd

Finally I felt the inclusion of Alfred’s decision to leave should go on here, Bruce lost him twice too abruptly.

So we hit the end of this chapter, but with all this death two were able to create new life, killer croc and orca had a child, we never see it but she is pregnant and they live together happily.
Oh but wait, we aren’t done yet. There is still more death to cover.

The Injustice 2 game starts here.

So without further ado.

Victor Zsasz- killed by damian wayne (again) {his throat was slit} [don’t ask questions here]
Gorilla Grodd- Killed by Aquaman (congrats arthur you got your first kill!)
The helmet of fate/ Nabu- destroyed by superman
Kent Nelson- Impaled by Brainiac

Now depending on your decision in the game, superman takes a part of Brainiac’s ship, and brain washes batman into following him, killing his brain, and ruling the world.

End of injustice 2 video game.

In the injustice 2 video game, captain cold constantly mentions his sister’s death at the hands of superman. She is killed off panel and off screen so I don’t know where to put her, she dies somewhere after or during the end of the events of year 5, to somewhere during injustice 2. But if it was superman who killed her, it would have to be somewhere during year 5 or off screen during the injustice video game, as superman was locked up during all the events of the injustice 2 comic series. So I could assume where this would go but I can’t be sure so.

Golden Glider- killed at the hands of superman

Now I will cover the Injustice VS the Masters of the Universe as a bonus.

It appears that this 6 issue story takes place after the injustice 2 video game, on the path of superman taking brainiacs technology.

Weird thing here, swamp thing is alive.

Quick FYI I really didn’t like reading this one, I really had to power through it
(it gets significantly better)

Death time

Okay so I believe this first one is Zodac or Zodak, its said they can be spelt one of two ways, anyway:
Zodac- killed by black racer
(he appears at the very end of this so I’m not sure if he truly died or not. I refuse to take it down though)

It is revealed that supergirl had been locked in the phantom zone by superman

Grodd is back and under superman’s control; he dies in injustice 2 at the hands of aquaman so I’m not quite sure why he is back

Damian Wayne (Batman)- neck snapped by wonderwoman after he tried to save his dad from superman’s control

Some ancient ship- destroyed by Darkseid’s omega blast

(I’m sorry guys but I know very little to none when it comes to the masters of the universe)

Darkseid- fought by superman, finishing blow delivered by He-man
Skeletor- Fist through the chest by superman (dang that’s a throwback)

Spoiler alert: Desaad is alive again, what is with this?

Supergirl ripped two… Uh… things… apart.

(quite a few avions were killed)

Okay but they never go back to Hawke being dead or not so keep her in a possible open mind.

End of the Injustice Vs Masters of the Universe comic series!!

End of the injustice complete series as of 2020!

Can someone get a tally for me? One for every named character and one for everything including metropolis.

I want to say something about the masters of the universe. No matter how wack that art style was, it was finally nice to see everything work out the way everyone had hoped it would. I mean don’t get me wrong i still want more but it was great seeing it. Even superman got what he needed, the only person who didnt was Diana, which, who gives a crap, we never felt bad for her, everyone hates her. But supes has always had this situation where in his interactions with Bruce, you can see the scared child in him, and he’s lost. So it was great to see that he got what he wanted all along. I don’t want to spoil it but.
s still more death to cover.

The Injustice 2 game starts here.

So without further ado.

Victor Zsasz- killed by damian wayne (again) {his throat was slit} [don’t ask questions here]
Gorilla Grodd- Killed by Aquaman (congrats arthur you got your first kill!)
The helmet of fate/ Nabu- destroyed by superman
Kent Nelson- Impaled by Brainiac

Now depending on your decision in the game, superman takes a part of Brainiac’s ship, and brain washes batman into following him, killing his brain, and ruling the world.

End of injustice 2 video game.

In the injustice 2 video game, captain cold constantly mentions his sister’s death at the hands of superman. She is killed off panel and off screen so I don’t know where to put her, she dies somewhere after or during the end of the events of year 5, to somewhere during injustice 2. But if it was superman who killed her, it would have to be somewhere during year 5 or off screen during the injustice video game, as superman was locked up during all the events of the injustice 2 comic series. So I could assume where this would go but I can’t be sure so.

Golden Glider- killed at the hands of superman

Now I will cover the Injustice VS the Masters of the Universe as a bonus.

It appears that this 6 issue story takes place after the injustice 2 video game, on the path of superman taking brainiacs technology.

Weird thing here, swamp thing is alive.

Quick FYI I really didn’t like reading this one, I really had to power through it
(it gets significantly better)

Death time

Okay so I believe this first one is Zodac or Zodak, its said they can be spelt one of two ways, anyway:
Zodac- killed by black racer
(he appears at the very end of this so I’m not sure if he truly died or not. I refuse to take it down though)

It is revealed that supergirl had been locked in the phantom zone by superman

Grodd is back and under superman’s control; he dies in injustice 2 at the hands of aquaman so I’m not quite sure why he is back

Damian Wayne (Batman)- neck snapped by wonderwoman after he tried to save his dad from superman’s control

Some ancient ship- destroyed by Darkseid’s omega blast

(I’m sorry guys but I know very little to none when it comes to the masters of the universe)

Darkseid- fought by superman, finishing blow delivered by He-man
Skeletor- Fist through the chest by superman (dang that’s a throwback)

Spoiler alert: Desaad is alive again, what is with this?

Supergirl ripped two… Uh… things… apart.

(quite a few avions were killed)

Okay but they never go back to Hawke being dead or not so keep her in a possible open mind.

End of the Injustice Vs Masters of the Universe comic series!!

End of the injustice complete series as of 2020!

I want to say something about the masters of the universe. No matter how wack that art style was, it was finally nice to see everything work out the way everyone had hoped it would. I mean don’t get me wrong i still want more but it was great seeing it. Even superman got what he needed, the only person who didnt was Diana, which, who gives a crap, we never felt bad for her, everyone hates her. But supes has always had this situation where in his interactions with Bruce, you can see the scared child in him, and he’s lost. So it was great to see that he got what he wanted all along. I don’t want to spoil it but.

12 Likes

Good lord, That is is impressive.

5 Likes

Agreed.

4 Likes

can you share this with people?
i want everyone to see it

2 Likes

Nice job!

3 Likes

But was it ever confirmed that the Scarecrow from Injustice 2 was Jonathan Crane? I had always assumed that someone had just patched together a costume and stolen the fear gas formula. Injustice-verse seems to be the only universe where dead is dead.

This is a really great list. I’d forgotten about some of these deaths.

2 Likes

Broooooooooo yes! All of this! He’ll yeah! I love it+

3 Likes

Nice great list.

3 Likes

Wow! You’re nuts lmfao! How long did this take?!?!?!

1 Like

Impressive, I also wonder how long this took.

1 Like

3 Likes

MM actually survived that.

these two are the same person
the interesting thing is Huntress May actually be Helena wayne of (a) earth 2. as its mentioned she is from a alternet universe.
you need to add year zero to the tallies.

you missed steve Trever, and technically batman killed Ted Grant one time, the guy has nine lives so he was resurrected immediately but he still died.

1 Like