So hard being a DC fan :/

Hi everyone,

Just wanna let everyone know how hard it is being a DC fan :frowning: I know everyone on this app feels the same.

2 Likes

With Snyder gone I’m hoping it will get back on track, but he did a lot of damage to the public’s perception of DC fans.

2 Likes

Disregarding the mess that was Justice League, the past 2 years have been the best for DC adaptations since the days of Richard Donners Superman. We had Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam!, Doom Patrol and now Swamp Thing. I’m very happy and I think DC fans should feel proud of themselves now.

Guess again, sir. I gripe about the DCU’s problems a lot, but for <$10 a month it’s a great deal for me. And I’m on Social Security and have been reading superhero comics since 1958, I bought Amazing Fantasy #15. I bought the first issues or stories of the X-Men, Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, and the FF since #4, reading Spider-Man every month.

I had been reading Superman (including Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen), the JLA of course. When DC retconned the Flash (and gave us the divine Carmine Infantino) and Green Lantern. Whoo!

Just saying that on a pretty meager living, I completely feel I’m getting my money’s worth.

2 Likes

I don’t feel the same it’s easier than ever, I have 20000 comics at my fingertips for 8 bucks a month. To me the shows are just a bonus. Bummed about swamp thing, really don’t care who plays the next Batman as long as the script is good. Feel bad for all those heartbroken over this, but for me business is just business and unless they stop writing Batman stories, they got this ol DeBeero for life.

When it comes to comics I am very happy with DC besides the whole Doomsday Clock Delays. I could care less about the movies or TV shows. They should have just said swamp thing was a mini series and there wouldn’t have been this much backlash. As long as they keep making awesome comics I will be okay.

@RobertDeBeero I thought this thread was talking about how many people think of DC fans, not the DC Universe service. I love the DC Universe service.

Snyder gave us the best superhero movie in the last decade ( Man of Steel ). The hell you’re talking about?

1 Like

Why the Snyder hate? Lol Jk jk

I liked Snyders movies more than Nolans but I know I sound like a broken record so Imma just shut up now.

1 Like

@cbplanets Considering how well things have been going for superhero movies the past decade, there’s no way that’s true. There are tons of contenders for the title of the best, and most of them beat Snyder’s “vision” by a long shot.

1 Like

Well oldrocker, you’ve got a couple of years on me, I didn’t start reading Comics until 1960. Your list of Comics matches up with mine, but I had two copies of Amazing 15. The APP is a tremendous deal, the kids complaining about it being to expensive don’t know what they’re talking about. Little advise, if $6 - $8 is to dear for you to spend on this site, then you have no business being here in the first place.

Like what? On what universe is Ant-Man, Age of Ultron, Civil War, Thor Raganarok, Got 1 & 2 are better than Man of Steel? Mcu movies are mostly garbage and average at best.

1 Like

@awesome squid,. I just got up and am easily confused. Im loving this app and all my DC compadres so still an easy time for me to be a fan.

1 Like

@cbplanets Our universe. And this is coming from a huge DC fan.

2 Likes

@RobertDeBeero It is nice to be connected to such a wonderful group of fans

3 Likes

I love DC! Just hope they do everything they can to keep this wicked app rolling! I don’t even bother with social media or anything like that anymore! Always got my snotbox glued to this phone just soaking up the content!

1 Like