So disappointed about comic selection

I’ve been on board since day 1, but I am just so disappointed about the comic selection. I mean, the most relevant stories to the recent continuity are the New 52 and the Rebirth runs. But for most of the characters they don’t even have a complete story arc. Even with the Aquaman movie coming out, there are still only 4 issues of New 52 Aquaman available here. I kept telling myself it’s a new service and things might improve, but I’ve realized now they just won’t listen to what most users have to say. Cancelling after the Titans season finale.

12 Likes

I don’t understand why people’s membership is so dependent on just ONE facet of this service. I judge this service as a whole, and as a whole, it’s worth $75 a year. I’m getting more out of this service than what I’m getting for me $120 a year from Amazon.

4 Likes

People have different interests, and they value the features of the service differently. For some, the comics are the most important feature.

Just like how many Amazon Prime members joined for the free 2-day shipping and could care less about the videos.

4 Likes

Amazon’s 2 day shipping didn’t become a must for me until the Holidays started. I’m starting to think it’s not worth having for a full year, and the video library sure isn’t worth it. In regards to this service, $75 a year to watch some of my favorite comic book movies and shows, read some new comics and save some money on comics, is more than worth it. Maybe, I see the glass more as half full.

3 Likes

Well, actually none of the comics here are actually “new”. The latest issues are the first few in the Rebirth, which was published 2 years ago, so it doesn’t save any money on comics for me. If you think it’s worth for you, then good for you. For me, comics are the biggest reason I even consider to subscribe. The way it is now, I just don’t think it worth the money for me.

3 Likes

Whats so hard to understand about wanting comics? This is a service that wants to be an all in one dc entertainment app and its missing half of what it promises. I can kind of understand not having newer comics if they want that money going to trades but older uncollected comics you can only get in second hand or expensive trades.

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your wanting to cancel the service soon, @emaraldlantern, and appreciate your taking the time to share your feelings on the service with us. We’re still in the process of taking a look into things concerning comics, so please share if there’s additional specific content that you wish were available that currently isn’t, as we’ve been taking notes on what all the community would like to see.

4 Likes

@emeraldlantern, sorry I meant “new” to me. I’ve only started reading comics every day about a year ago, so it’s all new. But to add credence to my point, the next series in my reading list was New 52 Resurrection Man Vol. 2, and the entire series is available here in the app. So I saved myself $12.99 on Comixology, which went to the book in my list AFTER Resurrection Man, which is Deathstroke Vol. 2. If this service can help cut my comic book spending by half or even by a third, that’s a win for me.

1 Like

I’m simple. Just give me complete story arcs and keep them up long enough for us with jobs to read and you will have someone happy to renew every year. Let’s be real, the move section is fine, but your catalog is far to small for the price. The only way this is a value to your customer is a fair comic section. Right now it’s what I would expect from one of those $10 random comic deals at stores that contain books they need to off load. You guys wouldnt dream of posting 1/3 of a move every month so why split up your story arcs in the comics. Do you really think that will somehow increase your back issue sells enough to kill this service? Did you hire old EA executives to come up with this idea? It’s simple treat us as fans and we will act as fanboys by telling everyone how awesome DC is. Right now Marvel does a much better service. Did you hear that? Disney is less cheap and more inclusive than you. I would think that wouldnt br a high bar to reach, but you guys got the wrong instructions and are playing limbo instead. Give us a reason to praise you instead of asking one or two guys what comic they want this month. I don’t think making one or two guys happy will do much for you.

6 Likes

@MissInkBlot, thanks for responding. I only have two suggestions for the comic section, and I’d be willing to pay twice the current price for comics alone if the service was like this:

1. Of course, the most ideal way for me is to have a Marvel Unlimited-like service, which would include all the DC comics in history except the new ones in the most recent 6 months. But we all know that this is too far-fetched and is definitely not going to happen. So why not do this: when you include certain series into the selection, put the whole story arc in it, or at least rotate the whole series in and out. For example, you can have the New-52 Aquaman #1-#4 up here for a month, then take them out and put #5-#8 online for another month, and so on. Keep rotating untill the whole series is covered. The way it is now, take the Blackest Night series for example, you only put issue #1 here for three months and expect us to buy the rest in order to read the whole story? It’s like I purchase a movie ticket but only get to watch the trailer!

2. In the way mentioned above, cover classic events like Crisis on Infinite Earths or Blackest Night, classic runs like Geoff John’s Green Lantern, and the issues that are more relevant to the current continuity (New-52 and Rebirth series).

If the service was close to what I described above, I’d be glad to stay and willing to pay higher price for it.

6 Likes

I can second that, I appreciate the animated series, but I own all the movies but really I don’t have the money or time to figure out and pick up story archs. I was hoping that this service would actually have maybe a complete collection even if a week of month behind print. And was more of a service like Xbox game pass (it’s 7.99 a month you get select back catologe of games and all the new games day one the library is endless growing and as long as you keep sub. You get access to all of it) but this service seems more like here is filler content in between titans seasons… little disappointed.

3 Likes

No rotation is the ideal solution. Rotation punishes your audience. People who already subscribe will feel pressured to read the books quickly or miss out. It turns what should be a relaxing situation in to a chore. I read comics to wind down after a long day at work, not as a chore.
Late subscribers miss out for not being a member at the time.

Take your time. Build your library over time. Just don’t rotate anything out. That’s the secret to keeping me and many other fans for the life of the service. That’s all we’re asking.

9 Likes

Suprised you are cancelling right before the premiere of Young Justice Season 3. I mean i don’t intend on paying for this service every single month but i’d be crazy not to sign up this month when Young Justice Season 3 is right around the corner.

I’ll be canceling soon due to lack of comics as well.

As a side note: Titans is going to be available on Netflix outside the USA. So if you have access to a VPN, you can just as easily watch it that way.

1 Like

I’ll be canceling soon due to lack of comics as well.

As a side note: Titans is going to be available on Netflix outside the USA. So if you have access to a VPN, you can just as easily watch it that way.