"So Bad It's Good" - DC Edition

I think Batman '66 was definitely meant to be a parody – the difference was that the players involved in it took everything, no matter how ridiculous, completely seriously, which only added to the humor.

6 Likes

6 Likes

I think when I was a boy Batman & Robin was the Batman film I rewatched the most. Personally, I’ve never had overwhelming affinity for Tim Burton’s films (more like a whelming affinity :wink:) but as a kid I just couldn’t help but enjoy B & R. Maybe it was that it had both Robin and Batgirl in it, maybe it was the silliness. Not 100% sure. But now I struggle to sit through it. Lol

6 Likes

Lois and Clark. Yes it was cheesy in parts but Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher were good in their roles. John Shea made a good Luthor successor to Gene Hackman. Plus you get Howie Mandel as Mr Mxyzptlk!
Bonus is that without this show, we would not have Death of Superman.

7 Likes

I’m the same. I loved that one & couldn’t say why. I remember I told my DC buddy that a long time ago & he just said “Really?”. I was like, “Yes sir.”

2 Likes

Agreed! It was such a silly show most of the time but I still read Clark in Dean Cain’s voice most of the time, and Perry in Lane Smith’s. Also, I love your username. -C

1 Like

The rest of the Moth Family make fun of me for likening the 1994 Damage series, which I agree isn’t a good comic. It has so much 90s convolutedness and doesn’t have the greatest art, but I love that series a lot. I wouldn’t say it’s so bad it’s good, it just equally good and bad parts in my opinion and I tend to genuinely enjoy the bad parts as well.
-C

@thrakaboom that’s right! I had forgotten about Lane Smith. You know, now I close my eyes and I can hear his voice as Perry. I have not gone back to watch the show since it first aired but I do remember watching it every week and just liking the focus on the human part of Superman more than the super.
Hey thanks on the compliment on my username. When I got into comics I enjoyed the Impulse series as I like stories where the brash, impatient youth who was mentored by the older, wiser person and they depend on each other as they grow. I recently mentioned issue 10 as a single issue that is so emotional for me, which comics can make you feel.

1 Like

Thinking back, I would say the Superfriends series. Yes, it was aimed primarily at kids, and I did indeed see it when I was younger, but there were a number of serious continuity errors that contribute the the charm of the program. You could probably have a good drinking game based on how many times Batman’s emblem changes color or goes missing entirely.

4 Likes

A more recent example, for me, would be Aquaman. I know the story and acting can be very weak at times, but I have so much fun watching that movie. I lose my mind when I see that octopus bang the drums. I will say that I genuinely love the color palette and James Wan’s direction though.

2 Likes