So All of the Titans are Murderers Now

Nickweiser - also in terms of the early 80s comics, Raven wouldn’t engage in combat at all, usually disappearing, because she was raised as a pacifist in Azarath, and as an empath she didn’t want to inflict pain and feel that pain; also she was worried about giving Trigon a way in, if I recall correctly.

In the series, she kills her kidnapper in ep 1 in clear self defense given his planned ritualistic murder of her (and probably not really in control of her powers) and then essentially undoes her healing of Adamson’s self inflicted wound in the last ep. that is certainly more calculated, but again she’s being held prisoner as are her companions, having no real training or much control, and being badly outnumbered.

1 Like

I find it hilarious that nobody cares if the Avengers kill anyone, people or aliens alike, either accidentally or intentionally, but when it comes to DC, it’s just heresy. It’s like you think the characters are perfect and should be held to a higher degree than literally every character from Marvel. In real life, heroes sometimes have no choice but to kill. Also, if anyone’s mad they blew the place up, think about how many lives they saved in the long run by doing that. How many more people would they have brainwashed/experimented on and put bombs in their heads? How many more people would they kill in their path just to get to Rachel? I’m sorry, but I’m with Robin and Starfire on this one. Burn that place to the ground!

10 Likes

Only baddies got blown up. Looked abandoned with no actual patients besides Rachel’s mother

2 Likes

It is written to be edgier. I think the story is great…acting is great…and it is realistic.

Some of you need to get out of your basements and take a drive through downtown Detroit, Chicago or hell, downtown San Diego. The show is mirroring real life. If it is too much for you; the Super Friends maybe more your cup of tea.

9 Likes

I have never really been a dc fan to say. I watched episode 1 of titans on YouTube. Really bad quality. But I liked it so much I joined dc online. I love titans. Ok I’m not sure how comic accurate it is. Yea I can’t wait on the new episodes and even the new series they got coming out. If I didn’t like how it was I would have never joined. So I guess they succeeded in getting at least one person on the outside into the dc universe. I honestly hope it stays just how it’s going

2 Likes

@Tec699, since you are on the app you can go over to the comics section and read about the Teen Titans and the New Teen Titans. Just search for those titles if you don’t see them right away.

2 Likes

Dick hasn’t killed anyone with his own hands

1 Like

The titans have also blown up a ship full of aliens in the original comic run where starfire was introduced

3 Likes

Yep their all murderers might as well stop watching. I’ll keep enjoying one of the best shows ever. Best thing for both of us.

6 Likes

Lol yeah

3 Likes

Gar was traumatized by what he did. Dick, OTOH, is going to need the Spectre to show up and judge him before his soul will be clear.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not a fan of all the killing. It’s the one thing I dislike about a show that I’ve otherwise enjoyed.

You can say they’re going the Marvel Netflix route but even then, Daredevil doesn’t kill.

1 Like

So Daredevil doesn’t kill. Guess you didn’t watch the end of the Defenders. Spoilers, but the team did the exact same thing to the Hand’s building, filled with members of the Hand.

2 Likes

Sometimes it comes down to you or them. I have no problem with the Titans killing to stay alive. They are up against some pretty nasty people. These are not heroes from the 5O’s. These heroes live in an ultra violent world, one where an innocent looking passerby might be the one trying to off you. I have been reading The Titans for over 40 years and I love this show as it shows the maturity and loyalty of this diverse band of friends.

3 Likes

Haha! Basically!

They’ve only killed out of self defense and you can see in the previous episode that Starfire wasn’t sure about blowing up that Asylum, but ultimately Dick decides its the best option. Raven is still affected by her actions, but as she Is allowing her power to appear more she is likely getting taken over by it. Gar is certainly traumatized.

1 Like