So about that Batwoman trailer.....

Oof…thats Some cringy dialogue even for typical CW standards :grimacing::grimacing:

“The suit is literal perfection”

“It will be…once it fits a woman”

“I’m not about to let a man take credit for a woman’s work”

I mean…you kind of took HIS tech,money, and suit :neutral_face:

10 Likes

Kate aims to make HERstory (as in offense to history lol)

4 Likes

She seemed kind of arrogant based off of the trailer. But we just need to wait and see. From henceforth and forever onward, Batman needs to trademark, copyright, etc. all of his stuff. Then no one can use it without his permission.

3 Likes

@Behemoth.Ravenlord But then there will be a paper trail connect Batman to Bruce Wayne…

1 Like

Batman Incorporated showed that a paper trail from Batman to Bruce Wayne ain’t no BFD :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Vroom I guess you’re right

1 Like

True. But what if he creates a fake identity and birth certificate saying his name is Batman the son of none. Born on a made up date that is no where near close to Bruce’s. Then the paper trail won’t come back to Bruce. Even if Bats doesn’t do that, I feel like Two-Face has done it.

I was fine with the trailer until the dialogue got insultingly and condescendingly self-congratulatory.

11 Likes

This could either be an insane show or a very very cringy show. Let’s hope it’s great!

2 Likes

Well, it is CW…

5 Likes

Those lines of dialogue ruined it for me. It looks alright but things she says made me want to roll my eyes and say blah

5 Likes

Yeah, that last one was the one that did it for me. If you dress up like a person, then it’s not far fetched to get mistaken for that person. That’s not taking credit - that’s you playing dress up and fooling the spectators. Hopefully, such obnoxious dialogue is limited to the pilot. I mean, why try to sell a ‘female Bruce Wayne’ instead of Kate Kane? Perhaps in context a lot of the cringe-worthy language will be purposefully sarcastic or something.

3 Likes

Why does CW always have to be so cringe? Like why??

5 Likes

Everything has to look soapy

All they missed in the trailer is the love triangle, but you know its coming I just hope it doesn’t take away from the actual storyline.

2 Likes

Trailer was a little cringey but overall i’m thinking it looks good. New 52 story line and inspite of the meh trailer, I think Ruby Rose is well cast

1 Like

If you can dumb down your sexist tendencies the trailer was a good cw trailer. If you don’t watch any of the other cw shows why did you even bother watching it?

1 Like

^why is that still the go to question for somebody’s distaste on something.? Its not really a fair question to ask “if you’re complaining about it than don’t watch it” or “if you don’t like CW why watch the trailer?”

Maybe it’s because were all entitled to our opinion? And honestly this show is probably the first Batman associated show we’ve ever gotten since Adam West. I mean… I remember when smallbville came on and if they ever name dropped Batman… We would freak

But we finally got BATWOMAN. I wasn’t a fan of the trailer but it’s not the first time Ive watched a really bad trailer for a potentially good show.

A lot of us will watch something because it’s watchable and we want to stay in the loop. CW Shows aren’t really my main shows to be honest.

But… Why ask a question like yours if doesn’t really provide a constructive educated thought? Who knows!

2 Likes

As far as getting a Batman associated show since Adam West… we got Birds of Prey before that, and of course there is always Gotham which just ended.

2 Likes

I’m just wondering, if the public gave all the credit for Batwoman’s work to Batgirl, would she be fine with it? Would it still be a blow against “the patriarchy” or something?

Take out the gender politics and you still have something that looks mediocre, imo. Has a Daredevil/Elektra/Underworld vibe, but revolving around PC culture.

2 Likes