Snyder Only Adding Five Minutes Of Footage Into A Justice League Runtime Of Four Hours

14 Likes

Makes sense ā€“ only a week of additional shooting isnā€™t going to get a LOT of new footage. I am curious to see what this look of Joker is going to be.

11 Likes

Iā€™m wondering if Jokerā€™s gonnaā€™ be placed into the yacht scene at the end of JL.

9 Likes

The funniest thing is seeing people online freaking out online, thinking itā€™s just the theatrical cut with these extra minutes, not taking into account thereā€™s no Whedon footage and itā€™sā€¦you knowā€¦four hours long!

Good to see the people here on the forums avoided that misunderstanding :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

19 Likes

Also- would love to see a reference to Catwoman, perhaps in older photo of Batā€™s and CW in their younger days placed somewhere in the Batcave. Carla Gugino is rumored to be Selina in the Snyderverse, and if so she and Affleck have the potential to exude some great onscreen chemistry together, even if only paired in an old framed pic. :batman_hv_2: :catwoman_hv_1:

7 Likes

I think the yacht scene was a Whedon shoot. There was a different scene filmed by Snyder with Luthor and Deathstroke, but it was meant to be a tease for what Ben Affleckā€™s The Batman.

I think from what Iā€™ve seen of this, it was more that someone suggested in a recent interview that Snyder really liked the idea of. I donā€™t think itā€™ll show up in any major way in ZSJL, but maybe if things are super successful and ATT/HBO Max let him do more, he can add her in it. I LOVE the idea of Gugino as Catwoman.

5 Likes

Iā€™m very excited to see the changes that Snyder has made. Hoping itā€™s a solid retread. Whedonā€™s shoehorned in material was somewhat lackluster making for a disjointed and unremarkable end product that was ultimately less than compelling for moviegoing audiences. Hoping for better things this time around.

11 Likes

Iā€™ve got a couple of ravens in the know thatā€™re telling me that Snyder was more than just interested in Gugino/CW- heā€™s apparently on board with the idea but just wonā€™t commit in the press. But I guess weā€™ll just have to wait and see. :+1:

6 Likes

Agreed! :+1:

4 Likes

Dude, I just thought of this ā€“ imagine a Gotham City Sirens movie with Cugino as Catwoman, Margot Robie as Harley and someone else as Poison Ivy. :open_mouth:

6 Likes

Love this idea @Jay_Kay. I could def see Emma Roberts as Pam in this movie. :poison_eyebrowhqtas:

or Lana Del Rey-

7 Likes

I havenā€™t seen her in anything so I canā€™t really say anything acting wise, but she definitely has a good look for the role. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Snyder discusses his reasons for wanting to release his JL cut with ā€˜Beyond The Trailerā€™ host Grace Randolph here-

11 Likes

Got a time code for that?

2 Likes

18 10 12

11 Likes

It is likely an exaggeration. Creators do it all the time.

2 Likes

My guess is heā€™ll appear in the nightmare world, as an ally to Batman (explaining why Bruce had a Joker card on his gun and why Joker has a new look).

And why we got a glimpse of that same Joker card in the trailer.

11 Likes

Agreed. Solid deduction here @TheTerribleToyman.

7 Likes

Interesting, I have always wondered what Darkseid, with some little similarities from Thanos, his Marvel counterpart, like Deathstroke and Deadpool, would look like, and maybe the Joker will be in person as Jared Leto like in Suicide Squad, or in motion capture CGI, like they did in Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn), when Harley told the audience about her origins, meeting the Joker, throughout the events of the first Suicide Squad, and her choice of breaking up with the Joker, and lived in a much better life with Cassandra Cain, her stuffed beaver, and her pet hyena, Bruce (named after ā€œthat hunky Wayne guyā€ aka Batman) after defeating Roman Sionis (Black Mask) and Zsasz with the Birds of Prey, Huntress, Black Canary, and Renee Montoya, which will be indicating the start of James Gunnā€™s The Suicide Squad, with other villains, next to Captain Boomerang, King Shark, and The Weasel.

4 Likes

nice

1 Like