Snyder Cut Officially Happening in 2021 on HBO Max

Good stuff!

2 Likes

It will cost $20-30 M which is a crazy amount of money!

1 Like

Beyond words… We actually did it!

8 Likes

It’s super-exciting.

Pardon the pun…

5 Likes

I never cared one way or the other tbh, but it’s funny now how everyone who said it’s definitely never happening is just completely wrong.

6 Likes

I agree. I’m glad it’s happening, but $20-30 million for a directors cut of a movie that performed below expectations is bananas to me too.

1 Like

Well, it DOES cost a lot of money, which I pointed out.

But WB is fronting the costs, which makes it moot.

I’m in such shock. I mean I’m thrilled but I never even thought to entertain the thought they’d do it.

1 Like

Let’s see how it goes. I am curious over it

However, my personal fear is that they caved due to the more toxic elements of the movement

1 Like

Awesome

1 Like

Agree with the positive sentiments. Pretty stoked this is happening :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Kon-El, I think it’s going to end up being a lot more than a director’s cut. Judging by everything that has been said so far (including from Snyder himself), it’s going to be a different movie altogether.

6 Likes

When will it be released I need to know so I can get HBO Max! Why not release it next month. :joy: happy tears we are not crazy!

5 Likes

I am so tired of hearing about this. I hope the people who have waited won’t be disappointed I just don’t think they could add enough to make it watchable.

2 Likes

Our faith was strong. I just hope that the cut is a vastly different movie than the one we got.

4 Likes

I imagine it has less to do with the toxic elements of the movement, and more to do with the fact that production on everything has pretty much stopped, so why not spend the money to safely finish the editing and FX and at least release something that could turn a profit?

5 Likes

I can’t help but think Donner Cut. I’m not being negative. I’m just thinking “how can it be a completely different movie for $30 million?”

He must’ve been completely finished with the principal photography and all that budget is going to digital effects. I’m a naturally skeptical person. With everything. I hope nobody takes it personally.

I’m about to eat shrimp with corn on the cob and roasted potatoes for dinner. I’ll believe it’s a good thing when it proves to me it tastes good. I’m approaching this the same way. :smirk:

2 Likes

I like the pragmatism… and the shrimp… and the corn… and potatoes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m entirely excited though. My niece watched JL with me just two nights ago. She said “It’s good! What’s the issue people have with it?”

As a 14 year old who’s totally a Marvel Generation kid… I was proud! She’s now rooting for a Cyborg stand-alone. :heart:

4 Likes

Ultimately, it’s a win for everyone. HBO Max gets some really interesting content for their service. Zack Snyder gets to complete his vision for the DC Universe. Fans who really dug that vision get to see his version of the movie, and fans who didn’t don’t have to worry about it changing the future direction of the DCEU because if it gets reworked into a self-contained story (which sounds like the case) it closes the chapter on that era. I just hope they spend most of that $30 fixing Cavill’s upper lip (or better yet, reshooting his stuff).

8 Likes