SNL Cast in the DC Universe

Wait, Kenan was Commissioner Gordon in The Audio Adventures? :exploding_head:

2 Likes

The Audio Adventures are loaded with talent.

2 Likes

For those who have never seem them, here are two live action SNL superhero skits.

Superhero party from 1979

and the Death of Superman from 1992

4 Likes

He’d be good, I was thinking Steve Carell would be really good as the Mad Hatter. :grinning:

The Rock has guest star on Saturday night live long before playing Krypto and Black Adam. :smiley:

2 Likes

beck bennett as booster gold

2 Likes

Bill Murray as Batman.

3 Likes

And…he played Superman, so that can technically be added to his DC oeuvre.

Did you work at WB in the '80s? :wink:

2 Likes

I also spotted this young man in an episode of In Living Color who would be perfect for Robin…

2 Likes

You know, a couple of that guy’s brothers would be great for a sitcom on this new network Bob Honcho and crew are kicking around…

1 Like

@HubCityQuestion I kinda did some research to distract myself a bit and I found out that Laurie Metcalf was very briefly on SNL in the 80’s and then later on guest starred on the Arrowverse’s Supergirl Season 3 as the mom of Winn Schott as played by Jeremy Jordan.

2 Likes

Oh, you’re right! I missed her because she was literally a cast member for only one week, LOL. Still counts!

To be fair, the same applies to Michael Imperioli as Det. Nick Falco on Law & Order. He was only brought on to be a temporary replacement Junior Partner Detective for the tail-end of one Season.
The reason? Jesse L. Martin was wanted by Director Chris Columbus to reprise his role as Tom Collins in the Film Adaptation of the Musical RENT so Law & Order creator Dick Wolf and the Producers wrote Mr. Martin’s Det. Ed Green off the show to accommodate the filming of the movie. By the way, Det. Green was shot in the line of duty in-universe. Then Mr. Imperioli was brought on as Det. Falco to finish the Season alongside Dennis Farina as Det. Joe Fontana in the landmark 15th Season of the Show.
Still, Michael Imperioli gets Series Regular status in Law & Order history even though he only appeared for 4 Episodes in that capacity.

1 Like

I spotted another young man on In Living Color who would make a pretty good Joker. But I could settle for Riddler.

1 Like

A part of me still curious what energy Marlon Wayans would have brought to Robin had they honored the Play option of his contract for Batman Forever.

Interesting thread but comedians doing voice work is really pretty common, especially in the days when Andrea Romano was doing such great VA casting/directing work. I thought the VA cast for Legion of Super Pets was a waste of money, except for Keanu as Bruce and, surprisingly, John as Clark. Studios really should give up on that kind of “name actor” stunt casting, especially when particularly excellent VA workers exist and it would keep costs down.

1 Like