Smallville Fans Do You Like Superman and Lois?

Im a big smallville guy and i really like superman and Lois i think they do good with nods to smallville

7 Likes

I think it’s alright. It’s not a show I sit and wait for, but I generally watch the episode within three weeks.

Some things they do well. I think he is a great Superman. They nailed the setting I think.

I feel that maybe Lois could have more impact with her journalism work. It doesn’t really feel like anyone is reading her articles.

I also feel like they aren’t getting maximum emotional value from the Kal/Kryptonian/Mother/Brother relationships. Much like Kara’s relationship with her father in the last season of SG, it seems like it holds too little weight.

Compare that to the relationship Kara had with Astra in the first season which was really well done.

Maybe it’s a budget thing. CBS might have had the resources to work on getting those things right and CW are under a tighter schedule to push episodes cheaper and faster. But it also feels like emotional weight should be cheaper than effects.

4 Likes

Well as someone who’s never seen Smallville before, I’ve gotta say

1 Like

Not as good as Smallville, but I enjoy it.

2 Likes

There is some stuff i like and don’t. Im not a fan of Morgan edge i want a lex i see a bigger spark with lana and clark then his wife lois

2 Likes

I watch twice because smart cw on there app they have the eps with extended cuts

2 Likes

All in all im glad we have a live action superman

3 Likes

I would rather a stronger bad guy like lex or a Lionel

2 Likes

So far, I think it is much better than Smallville. But, that’s not a high bar to clear.

1 Like

1 Like

Something nice to say…

John Glover should have won an Emmy for his portrayal of Lionel Luthor.

5 Likes

I’m a huge fan of both shows.

Between the two, I prefer Smallville. Its as good of a coming of age tale for Clark, as Superman & Lois is a later in his life tale for him and his family.

1 Like

Stabbed me right in the heart :sob: I LOVE Smallville! Maybe the whole Lana thing was drawn out a bit but they did a lot of things right imo. Also, the never ending suspense made me watch episode after episode after episode… more like season after season cause I binged it all in like a very short period of time :sweat_smile:

Of course, to each their own!

:musical_note: somebody saaaaave meeee :musical_note: anybody? :eyes:

3 Likes

Co-signing @MatthewHecht’s take here. Superman And Lois is a fun CW series and is cartainly an engaging hour of streaming, but it doesn’t surpass this amazingness-

1 Like

Aww, c’mon @CaptainYesterday- not even a little bit of :purple_heart: for Smallville?

2 Likes

I posted something nice about John Glover above. :grin:

I gave it four seasons. Then I just jumped in when a good guest star showed up like the JSA.

2 Likes

The show did indeed make solid use of the DCEU. :+1:

1 Like

1 Like

Loved smallville but hated the no tights rule tom had it seems like arrowverse clark and lana didn’t have a hardship like smallville i would totally love flashbacks of them together

1 Like

I feel like sam lane and Diggles step dad are friends but thats my hope they are

1 Like