Small Things in Comics that Tick You Off

Small things? That tick me off?

Dan Didio’s brain, for one thing.
People who try to say something is canon because they really want it to be, not because it’s substantiated in the story.
Likewise, those that try to validate something that isn’t true about characters or continuity, likely out of personal preference than anything analyzed in the narrative.

3 Likes

I just read another spelling mistake in Suicide Squad (2016)

2 Likes

Politics and liberal virtue signaling :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

@dogwelder9
Comics have ALWAYS done that. The best comics are political. I’m not saying that you need to like Mark Russel or anything (although I know I do), but I don’t think it’s as much of a problem as a lot of people like to make it into. I will say it can be done very heavy-handedly, but then the problem is the way in which it’s being done, not the very fact that it is being done.

3 Likes

@Mr_Morbach Those things don’t happen IN comics, as the prompt asks. You’re talking about observations about comics. You’re talking about the people discussing comics.

Sounds like you just like to complain.

1 Like

Wouldn’t people start wondering what the hell is going on when [insert secret identity here] constantly comes to work bruised up, arm in a sling? I know they always pass it off as some “crazy rock climbing vacation” but seriously people would really start to question your sanity, HR would have you in counseling, I’m sure your supervisor would be concerned. They must have some insane sick leave packages…

3 Likes

@NotPatReilly I’m hardly the first person to interpret “comics” to include the culture and industry, not just the medium.

2 Likes

Whenever we see the Batcave there are older Batman suits or even the original Robin suit hanging up. But when we do flashbacks we still have Bruce and Dick wearing their New 52 costumes. Why can’t we have trunks and pixie boots in flashbacks?

3 Likes

Overly specific, wildly inaccurate technobabble. If you don’t know what you’re talking about then just handwave it. Throwing around “quantum” and “neutrino” and “antibaryon” is just extremely grating. I would much rather hear “This character got his powers in a lab accident” than “This character got his powers because someone reversed the polarity on the quantum antibaryon experimentation chamber and the high energy neutrinos triggered mutations in his epigenome.” Comic science will never make sense and all you’re doing is highlighting it and breaking my suspension of disbelief.

1 Like

I like him, but I can’t stand that Bane hasn’t figured out that a batarang (or basically any sharp object) is all it takes to sever his Venom tubes & fights over. You’d think after losing that way 1000+ times he would correct that. It’s as simple as making the tubes out of a stronger material & it never happens again. Yet, he just goes back to the same set-up not nonstop & loses repeatedly b/c of it. Although I’m sure Heroes would eventually find another way to beat him I’d at least like to see him (just once) recognize that loophole & attempts to close it.

I found a mistake in Action Comics where they are talking about Lexoil but the boat says Staggoil.