Site Updates & Enhancements: Welcome to Community 3.0!

Nah, we are finally getting badgers.

20 Likes

I’m so excited!!!

I do have 1 question though, will the current clubs/activities still stay? I noticed they weren’t mentioned.

16 Likes

Yep! Current clubs and activities will only serve to be further enhanced by the new updates. We made a bunch of changes with clubs in mind :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Alright! Thanks so much!

This is awesome @Alec.Holland @Jitsu and any @Moderator that helped!

16 Likes

Community 2.0 was an entirely different kind of site altogether.

Altogether: Community 2.0 was an entirely different kind of site.

Will the changes be as drastic this time, or are we looking more at some cosmetic changes to and extra features for the current forums?

19 Likes

I don’t think we can ever pull off something as incredible as Community 2.0 without moving to an entirely different platform. What AJ achieved in that upgrade was truly incredible and a bunch of the improvements still come in handy today.

The changes that Community 3.0 will be bringing in won’t be quite as drastic. The site will certainly feel more or less the same, but with some fancy (and helpful) additions.

The platform as it stands right now is a perfect foundation for everything we want to add to it and we don’t plan to change that. Apart from anything else, the community already knows the site incredibly well and we don’t want you to have to learn a new site.

26 Likes

On the subject of new badges, I think it could be fun to have one random secret badge with no explanation that’s given to someone at random. And then when they look at the details for it, all that’s in the details is the Anti-Life Equation. :stuck_out_tongue:

25 Likes

(Happy DCUI Anniversary!)

17 Likes

Hello @Alec.Holland, sorry to bother you with another question, with 3.0 coming soon, will the DC Universe Infinite app have a new look with more helpful update?:slightly_smiling_face:

17 Likes

Nope! This is exclusively updates for the community side of things and not DCUI or the app.

16 Likes

Ok, Thankyou. I’m still looking forward to this. :grin:Here’s hoping for a Penguin’s badge! :penguin_starehqtas: :penguin:

15 Likes

Get out of my head, Gipper Fan!!! I was literally about to ask that.

14 Likes

Sounds like fun! Count me in. :slightly_smiling_face:

Are the selectable avatars an option those who don’t want to create their own? We can still create our own, right?

15 Likes

Yep! You’ll still be able to make your own–these will just be if you want to change things up!

18 Likes

Cool cool! I like all the upcoming new features. Thank you for the hard work you’re putting in behind the scenes.

Regarding avatars, some ideas:

• The classic JL 7 (of course). Both portraits and symbols/logos.
  • The DC Trinity.
  • Hall of Justice
  • Fortress of Solitude
  • Bibbo Bibbowski
  • Jimmy Olsen
  • Cyborg
  • Space Cabbie

You mentioned that we will maintain the ability to use our own images for avatars. Any plans to improve how blurry those turn out? I’ve been bugging mods about this for what seems like years now.

17 Likes

This is a weird situation because, so far, we have been completely unable to replicate the issue. Until we figure that part out, there’s very little we can do. We’re still keeping an eye out for it!

14 Likes

Wait, so I’m the only one :joy:?

I thought everyone was experiencing that.

Screenshot:

12 Likes

Sorry to bug you with another question, with a 3.0 and DC Universe going around the world, will there be a translater so we can interact with anyone with different language? How cool would it be to interact with someone like France, Spain, German and so many other languages.
Thankfully United Kingdom speak English, which is a piece of cake.:slightly_smiling_face:
On Instagram I did interact with someone from United Kingdom, he’s a youtuber and such a nice guy.

13 Likes

Will the community be easier to use on mobile too? Community 2.0 was (is?) very glitchy on mobile

10 Likes

Y’all have been busy as beavers, haven’t you?

13 Likes